Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 287034 times)

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #330 on: October 5, 2009, 08:38 AM »

Yuck.  Well, that's a sure fire way to kill the line.  Glad I'm all caught up through wave 5.   :-\

Thanks for the head's up on pricing Joe!

No problem, funny thing is I checked the price at Toys R' Us on Sunday and they still sell them for $7.99.  I never thought TRU would be the cheapest price around for figures. :o

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #331 on: October 5, 2009, 06:18 PM »

Yuck.  Well, that's a sure fire way to kill the line.  Glad I'm all caught up through wave 5.   :-\

Thanks for the head's up on pricing Joe!

No problem, funny thing is I checked the price at Toys R' Us on Sunday and they still sell them for $7.99.  I never thought TRU would be the cheapest price around for figures. :o

Well, I'm sure THAT is just a matter of time.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #332 on: October 5, 2009, 07:21 PM »
I remembered to walk down the super hero aisle at Target today and they had the Marvel figures at $8.44.

They also had the new DC wave of 8" figures with Green Arrow.  That's a good looking figure.  I did't really pay attention to the rest but he stood out as he was on the front of the shelf.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #333 on: October 5, 2009, 08:05 PM »
I saw all 3 Wave 2 MU comic packs today but only ended up getting Hulk/Cyclops. I'll pick up the other two later, as three sets for $12.88 each is a tad bit overkill for my wallet right now.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #334 on: October 6, 2009, 09:39 AM »
I saw all 3 Wave 2 MU comic packs today but only ended up getting Hulk/Cyclops. I'll pick up the other two later, as three sets for $12.88 each is a tad bit overkill for my wallet right now.
$12.88? You're LUCKY. They are $14.99 in my parts. I'd love to pay $2+ less per pack.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #335 on: October 6, 2009, 05:42 PM »
$12.88? You're LUCKY. They are $14.99 in my parts. I'd love to pay $2+ less per pack.

Still $12.99 at Target stores in Minneapolis...for now.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #336 on: October 9, 2009, 12:37 AM »
I was able to pick up the X-MO:W Colossus basic figure at a local Wal-Mart yesterday.  If the line truly is dead, what a way to go out.  Nice figure.

I just found this one tonight in Walmart, it is an amazing figure.  But what an odd way to release this figure, with just 1 other new figure in the wave (the new Logan is a great likeness BTW). 

« Last Edit: October 9, 2009, 12:43 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #337 on: October 24, 2009, 04:53 PM »
Does anyone have a right leg for the Red Hulk BAF?  Or for that matter does anyone remember what figure it comes from?  I have the entire figure, two extra heads and an extra right arm but no right leg. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #338 on: October 24, 2009, 07:04 PM »
Does anyone have a right leg for the Red Hulk BAF?  Or for that matter does anyone remember what figure it comes from?  I have the entire figure, two extra heads and an extra right arm but no right leg. :-\

Looks like that comes with the Silver Savage.  I never see these anymore, but if I come across one I'll try to snag it.

http://www.toywiz.com/legendsilversavage.html

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #339 on: October 25, 2009, 01:00 AM »
I was able to pick up the X-MO:W Colossus basic figure at a local Wal-Mart yesterday.  If the line truly is dead, what a way to go out.  Nice figure.

I just found this one tonight in Walmart, it is an amazing figure.  But what an odd way to release this figure, with just 1 other new figure in the wave (the new Logan is a great likeness BTW). 

Is that the same Colossus fig that comes in the "Fastball Special" two-pack?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #340 on: October 25, 2009, 02:33 AM »
Still can't find Colossus, and no luck witht he Gigantic battles tonight.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #341 on: October 25, 2009, 07:08 AM »
I'm not a big X-men fan, but since when does Peter carry around a bigger hammer?  Isn't that Thor's gig?

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #342 on: October 25, 2009, 09:23 PM »
Is that the same Colossus fig that comes in the "Fastball Special" two-pack?

No ... it's quite different.  The one that comes in the deluxe set is little more than a glorified accessory.  This is an actual figure with multiple points of articulation and no crappy action feature.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #343 on: October 26, 2009, 01:25 PM »
I'm not a big X-men fan, but since when does Peter carry around a bigger hammer?  Isn't that Thor's gig?

Hmm, not a big X-Men fan? How'd you know his name is Peter then? LOL  JBYB

And yeah, the hammer should be Thor's bit. Hmm, is this a subtle ribbing to the Hammer (and Sickle) of the Soviet flag?
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #344 on: October 26, 2009, 05:02 PM »

Hmm, not a big X-Men fan? How'd you know his name is Peter then? LOL  JBYB

And yeah, the hammer should be Thor's bit. Hmm, is this a subtle ribbing to the Hammer (and Sickle) of the Soviet flag?

Well, I'm good with backgrounds, but not full storylines.  I can tell you secret identies, but not anything current from the books.  ;)