Author Topic: Clone Wars AT-TE  (Read 108371 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars AT-TE
« Reply #315 on: July 21, 2008, 09:14 AM »
The whole leg thing is getting really annoying really quick. My kids are loving hitting the buttons and deploying the ramp, but you can't do that without the legs falling off. You have to hold it's belly, and even then, the weight of the thing barely holds itself up. Have to play around with it more to find positions for the legs that will hold.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 21, 2008, 11:06 AM »
I may wait and see if they make a running revision to fix it.

I must admit, this is disappointing to hear.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 21, 2008, 11:10 AM »
Yeah, it is a little disappointing to hear that this is a problem that is popping up for a few people.  Who knows how big of a deal it is, but I'll use it to make myself feel better about not being able to pick one of these up right away (its this or the Falcon for me this weekend, can't afford both).  I'll hope they get it fixed, and I can pick one up a couple months down the road.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 21, 2008, 12:14 PM »
When I first opened the box, I was frustrated with the legs.  I thought I had the legs in the wrong position at first.  Or that they were spread out wrong. 

Personally, I don't think they'll fix this.  Like I said earlier, as a kid I'd be aggravated.  Very aggravated.  But as an adult, it's more of an eye-candy diorama piece.  So I'm fine with it... if you're just going to put it in a diorama, then I'd say pick it up - you'll be pleased.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 21, 2008, 12:19 PM »
I get the feeling that you may have the legs on the wrong attachment points.  I'm having no problems with the legs on my own AT-TE.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 21, 2008, 02:39 PM »
That would great, if that's indeed the case.  All 6 legs want to pop off quite a bit.  I've switched them around quite a bit, but it's still happening.  I'll try and take a look at it again... it's in a "sensitive" diorama right now where I just know if I move it about 20 clones are gonna collapse.   :-\

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 21, 2008, 05:03 PM »
Each  of the legs has labeling on it to indicate where it should be attached.  And there are three different size legs.  Here's the sizing with the labels:

LARGE LEGS - Mid-section, labeled MR & ML
MEDIUM LEGS - Front, labeled FR & FL
SMALL LEGS - Rear - labeled RR & RL

As for which side is left or right, orient the AT-TE as if you're the driver.  The legs on the right side are from front to back - FR, MR & RR.  The legs on the left side being FL, ML, RL.

Additionally, the points where the front & rear legs attach can be moved in order to more easily access the attachment points.  Pull those away from the hull slightly to get the attachment points completely unobstructed.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 05:05 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 22, 2008, 02:11 AM »
I'm seeing the same issues with the one I've played with-- the legs pop off if you look at it funny.  And it is assembeled as the labels indicate.  Perhaps it has to do with the infamous "drop test" requiring certain pieces to snap off given certain levels of stress?

It seems very much designed with movie toys in mind-- or at least the movie blasters seem to fit in the compartments much more easily than the toon ones.  I like all the little storage bays and whatnot, but I will say that the feature set seems a little... lacking.  Since I've never really seen it in action with characters goofing around inside, I dunno what it is that's "missing" but it would be nice to have <i>slightly</i> bettter clone storage "racks" as it seems difficult to get the toony ones to stand and hold on to the rails easily.

...oh, and the wheels were a nice surprise.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 22, 2008, 11:59 AM »
It's pretty sad that it takes Hasbro 7 years to finally release another large vehicle and now it has quality issues?  I'm kinda pissed to hear about the legs popping off but that would be ten fold if I were a kid.  Pretty sure I'd box it back up and tell mom & dad to take it back.  Wasn't the Falcon geared towards collectors and the AT-TE moreso for the younger crowd even though it's $100?

I would hope that someone asks Hasbro about this if this is indeeed a problem across the board.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #324 on: July 22, 2008, 12:15 PM »
I'm kinda pissed to hear about the legs popping off

Wouldn't you have to actually open it up to care about whether or not the legs stay on?   :-X

I'm sure the legs will stay in the box quite nice and you'll have no complaints...  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 22, 2008, 12:19 PM »
Vehicles have always been the exception to my rule - especially the pricey ones.   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 23, 2008, 09:18 AM »
My first thought was that I didn't have the legs on the correct sides, but the labeling is such between the male and female ends that one can figure out the right/left side of the body.

Based on the number of complaints already, given the number of people who got this before release day, I think this is going to be a major problem for Hasbro. I think we're going to see a lot of complaints in the collecting community and a lot of calls from parents to the point where Hasbro's going to have to issue some kind of statement to deal with the problem.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 26, 2008, 08:30 PM »
Bought this, and I love it! The pack-in clone got me hooked though, I'm afraid. It's a great figure, and it will be my clone trooper of choice to fill this bad boy up with. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 27, 2008, 11:40 AM »
I'll keep my clone from this, but I'm NOT army building here. It's the only CW fig I have so far and I'm not looking to get many. Ahsoka, Plo, Cody. That's about it for now.

I still have yet to open mine up. I've been busy opening figures, smaller ships. Now I just have the AT-TE and falcon to open. Been saving those for last to enjoy them.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 27, 2008, 12:10 PM »
Mentioned to people at the Hasbro booth about the legs. They looked and sounded genuinely concerned and said the would monitor response from the boards and customer service. Also mentioned it to Brian at Hasbro and he sounded concerned, but also mentioned that, engineering wise, they designed the legs to fall off under a certain amount of pressure for safety reasons.  If they make it too solid, they run the risk of breaking the legs all together. He said that was a tough design from an engineering standpoint.