Author Topic: Recent 30AC Purchases  (Read 358876 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Recent 30AC Purchases
« Reply #450 on: May 30, 2007, 10:39 PM »
I had an experience today that proved that there are still some very nice redshirts aka Target employees out there if you look hard enough and are in the right place at the right time. A redshirt was stocking the pegs at my local Target with Wave 1 and 2, nothing very interesting, just Hans and Lukes. But she kmew me from past visits, said hi, and I didnt even ask her to do this, but she checked her scanner thingy and found a case in the backroom. She went and brought it back, opened it up, and I was allowed to take my pick at all sorts of Wave 3 goodies. I had a tight budget, so I got Stormtrooper, Jawa w/LIN, and CONCEPT CHEWBACCA!!!! Awesome! I guess I was just in the right place at the right time, but that's still a nice story I thought I'd share with you. And btw, all of Wave 3 looks super in person except for ugly Luke(the moisture vaporator's cool though), who was snatched by another guy who seemed like a collector the instant after I started to walk away. Good news for those of you who want to army build the new stormtrooper, I know he'll be tough to find, but if you have the same luck I did, there were three in the case I saw. Good luck guys, this is one of the best waves ever!!  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #451 on: May 31, 2007, 01:36 AM »
I tore open a couple cases of vintage at WM tonight and got some Snowtroopers and IG-88.  Didn't have the $$$ for the rest so I'm a little depressed this evening at that, but I did get my snowie army going.  There were at least 3 pre-packaged display cases on the pallet ready to go out on an endcap though (was wondering hwere these would end up since there's no peg space for them).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 31, 2007, 09:19 AM »
Against my better judgement, I did pick up the Vos Comic pack. They are great sculpts.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 31, 2007, 10:33 AM »
I got a Tantive IV battlepack for $5 last night.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 31, 2007, 12:20 PM »
Wow, I thought my lucky streak was over after C4, but I guess it's not done quite yet.  Scored the following this morning:

2 x Stormtroopers
1 x Biggs in Academy uniform
2 x Darth Vader
1 x Jawa & LIN droid
1 x Luke Skywalker with moisture vaporator
1 x McQuarrie Chewbacca
1 x VINTAGE Snowtrooper

Also had a really weird purchase at C4.  Some guys were selling stuff out of their hotel rooms, and I scored a couple of Vintage Snowtroopers from the guys in the room across the hall from mine.  And at retail, no less!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 31, 2007, 01:19 PM »
Got 4 of the figures I wanted from Wave 3:

McChewie
Jawa & LIN Droid
Luke & Moisture Vaporator
Stormtrooper

Also got some O66 packs for $2.48 a 2-Pack
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 31, 2007, 01:22 PM »
Stopped by Target today and they must have had Wave 3 at some point (or only had room for some of it).  I picked up the lone Wave 3 Vader hanging amongst the Wave 2 pegwarmers.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 31, 2007, 07:13 PM »
I had an experience today that proved that there are still some very nice redshirts aka Target employees out there if you look hard enough and are in the right place at the right time. A redshirt was stocking the pegs at my local Target with Wave 1 and 2, nothing very interesting, just Hans and Lukes. But she kmew me from past visits, said hi, and I didnt even ask her to do this, but she checked her scanner thingy and found a case in the backroom. She went and brought it back, opened it up, and I was allowed to take my pick at all sorts of Wave 3 goodies. I had a tight budget, so I got Stormtrooper, Jawa w/LIN, and CONCEPT CHEWBACCA!!!! Awesome! I guess I was just in the right place at the right time, but that's still a nice story I thought I'd share with you. And btw, all of Wave 3 looks super in person except for ugly Luke(the moisture vaporator's cool though), who was snatched by another guy who seemed like a collector the instant after I started to walk away. Good news for those of you who want to army build the new stormtrooper, I know he'll be tough to find, but if you have the same luck I did, there were three in the case I saw. Good luck guys, this is one of the best waves ever!!  8)

I forgot to mention the improved Stormtrooper helmet, from inside the package it looks a lot better than early pictures.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 1, 2007, 03:04 PM »
I hit Target as they were resetting the action figure aisle today and was able to score a few figures.  They had the entire vintage wave, but at $12 a piece, I only picked up 2x Snowtroopers and 1x Hoth Han Solo.  They had two Wave 3 figures on the pegs (Biggs and Vader), so I picked up the Biggs as well (got the Vader at the same store yesterday).  Hopefully there will be more Wave 3 showing up there soon.  They also had the new comic packs the way it looked.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 1, 2007, 03:59 PM »
All of the sudden in the last 2 days I picked up most of Wave 3 at Walmart, comic packs at TRU and Walmart, and Vintage Snowtroopers at TRU, Target, and Walmart.

That vintage snowie is a snug fit in the Top 10 Figures of All Time.  Holy cow.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 2, 2007, 09:19 AM »
picked up a Han and Luke from wave 2.

all that is left to get now is 3 bobas, 2 more honors, and 1 maybe two more DST
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 2, 2007, 09:41 AM »
Received my Star Tours DL-X2 from Amazon yesterday.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 2, 2007, 09:57 AM »
Finally acquired DM Sith Infiltrator and Saesee Tin's JSF through a trade!

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 2, 2007, 09:59 AM »
I missed out this morning on the McChewies but picked up the RH Stormie. He's pretty damn cool!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 2, 2007, 08:39 PM »
Got 2 Wave 3 Stormies in the mail today. 8 more to go. ;D
I remember my dream now.