Author Topic: Target 2023 TVC Deluxe Tusken Warrior & Massiff  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Target 2023 TVC Deluxe Tusken Warrior & Massiff
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2023, 02:24 PM »
If their track record is consistent they should repost this in a few months either for more pre-orders or when it finally hits US shores.

I was stuck in a work meeting and missed the pre-order.  I added the set to my favorites list in the Target app so I can keep an eye on it and watch for one of those magical windows where it is available again sometime in the next 6 months.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2023, 04:59 PM »
If their track record is consistent they should repost this in a few months either for more pre-orders or when it finally hits US shores.

I was stuck in a work meeting and missed the pre-order.  I added the set to my favorites list in the Target app so I can keep an eye on it and watch for one of those magical windows where it is available again sometime in the next 6 months.

I'm in the same boat. I'm not too disappointed though. I have the basic figure preordered and there isn't a ton of extra value included here. If it comes back in stock or I see it in stores, I may eventually swap out the preorder of the basic figure for the deluxe version.

The Massiff looks good and is definitely an improvement, but I never disliked the Saga version, and I have a few of those around. I'm not sure the beast itself is worth an extra $10 to me. Put me in the camp of preferring another Tusken repaint/retool over the straight repack of the new Tusken Warrior. I wish they at least had included an addition unique accessory in the set.
"This is the way."

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2023, 05:20 PM »
Back in stock.  I managed to grab one!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2023, 05:37 AM »
I attempted to order 2 when they came back into stock later in the afternoon.  But the Target app only let me order one.  Thankfully the friend I was trying to get one for was able to order his own.

I'm kind of shocked that Target limited these to 1 per customer.  But in a way I think that's more fair for everyone.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2023, 09:08 AM »
I was able to order two.  Looks like when they went back in stock later they limited it even more.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 2, 2023, 08:24 AM »
Got a weird email from Target this morning saying they’re holding my order for this but that I need to update my payment.  When I go into the app, it’s got no release date listed, and is being paid for by my perfectly good Red Card.  I guess I’ll have to call them. 

Have any of guy guys seen this before?

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 2, 2023, 08:32 AM »
Got a weird email from Target this morning saying they’re holding my order for this but that I need to update my payment.  When I go into the app, it’s got no release date listed, and is being paid for by my perfectly good Red Card.  I guess I’ll have to call them. 

No.   That sounds like some kind of scam.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 2, 2023, 09:07 AM »
That was my first thought but the link takes me directly into the actual Target app.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: August 2, 2023, 09:22 AM »

Sometimes this happens if your card is going to expire between the time the order was placed and when they are going to ship the item.  That usually only happens if it is not a Target Red Card through so this is weird on the surface.  Calling Target CS and asking what's up is probably best.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 2, 2023, 09:49 AM »
Expiration is 07/27. 🤷‍♂️

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 2, 2023, 01:39 PM »
Just got the same email but regarding my Kenner Deco Fett.  I guess I’m going to call them

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 2, 2023, 04:24 PM »
I got the same email and ended up changing my payment to a regular Visa.  The Red Card discounts stayed in place though.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 2, 2023, 04:27 PM »
Weird.  I called and they said they were having a problem with their payment processor and updated my card to the SAME card and told me it would work.

I'm tempted to just go in to update to my Visa though, I'd hate for that Kenner colors Fett to get canceled after all these months of waiting.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: August 2, 2023, 05:20 PM »
Weird.  I called and they said they were having a problem with their payment processor

It sounds like the issue is happening at some Target retail locations also.  Some stores are not taking debit cards and some stores can't take any credit card payments today (cash only).  I bet it's a fun day for my IT friends over at Target HQ today.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 2, 2023, 06:55 PM »
Weird.  Maybe this is all just a temporary thing and not a big deal.  I was just assuming that they'd actually tried to ship my preorders today and it hadn't gone through... but if it's just a system glitch maybe those emails were all in error too.