Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 353400 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #705 on: May 30, 2007, 04:13 PM »
According to the placecard, the TRU exclusive Naboo set that includes Qui-Gon is expected to be on shelf around August.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 30, 2007, 10:15 PM »
 ;D Thanks for the info Brian!
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 31, 2007, 03:15 AM »
That brings something else to mind - with all of these exclusive cinema scenes on the way, what will it take for you to pick them up (or will you at all)?

I'm so addicted to these that I'll be grabbing them all.  So far I've gotten all of the 2-packs and cinema scenes, so I won't be stopping now.  When they first announced the cinema scenes and it appeared there were only 1 or 2 new figures per scene, I was really disappointed because I didn't want to invest that much money.  But I really enjoy displaying the repaints, almost as much as the brand new figures. 

Bring 'em on!

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 31, 2007, 11:11 AM »
Like Brian, I'm torn on the idea of the Cinema Scenes.  It's great they found a way to sneak in larger items, but they're getting awfully manipulative with the way they're packing them.  I'm not super completist about every repaint or anything, but even I am going to end up dropping $20 each ($24 at TRU?) for only 1 or 2 figures each from 6.  That's crummy.  I've actually been passing on all of the Cantina type 2-packs ever since that one vague rumor, but even that isn't quite working out all that great thanks to Hasbro's carefully timed nonsense (straight repacks for figures before the rumor, repaints/retools for figures after it... great).

I don't collect the main line, but I was under the impression they'd finally gotten away from that crap and started giving a little consideration to the loose collector.   

Worse, though, are my great doubts about my ability to track down 2 each at all three of the Big Stores.   They just seem so impatient about not letting these big monstrosities dominate their shelves.  Plus the time is super inconvenient.  That "Novemeber" date means we again might see a single vanishing shipment right before Christmas, and then nothing until after Spring inventory... if they bother. 

Oh well, at least they're delivering some super cool toys.  I am really fired up about them.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 01:55 PM by The Stolen CCG License »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 23, 2007, 03:22 PM »
Single carded Galactic Heroes figures?  Has anyone heard anything about these?

From this week's Q&A -

3. Also from the recent news pile, pictures popped up this week of single carded Galactic Heroes figures. How and when will these be available? Summer conventions? Are they exclusives?

**These will be available through some of our non-mass-based retailers - Family Dollar and Big Lots. These figures will be 100% repack figures from prior 2-packs (no new deco), but figures who are not in the current Galactic Heroes lineup.

I saw these today at Big Lots for $2.50.  Not that I stop there on a weekly basis like Target, but they have some fairley decent TF knock offs every few months or so.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 23, 2007, 08:42 PM »
I popped into a Big Lots today to see these single carded Galatic Heroes myself.  I found a single Luke laying on the floor for $2.50 with the hang hook ripped off.  I couldn't find any others, but the toy isles were a mess.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 27, 2007, 04:57 PM »
I was just curious, for those of you who pick these up, do you ever preorder them online - or do you just wait to see if you can find them at retail?  I had preordered a wave or two throughout the run, but I sometimes end up cancelling them if I find them at the stores first.  I have the next wave on preorder, because with the baby on the way next month I didn't know if I'd be able to get out very much, but on preorder the packs are $9 each, which starts to seem a little steep to me.  Once you add in some shipping, its worse.  Anyways, just curious what you do for your GH shopping.  I guess the way things are headed now, I'm almost better of waiting and getting the Cinema Scenes :P.

Offline Marshallmario

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 28, 2007, 12:48 PM »
  HasbroToyShop.com has (I think) everything that has been out for 6.99 plus shipping. In the past they had the newest figures at 4.99. It's all plus shipping but you can use the new discount code for 10.00 off 50.00. In the store for me they go quick at first but do tend to hang after they restock a few times and it seems the cases are a good mix of old and new. Today at Walmart I saw the Durge 2-pac just went up along with both the clear and black Emperor 2-pacs. Not at all like trying to find a Mcwhatever!!!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 9, 2007, 04:04 PM »
I received 3 of the 4 packs from the latest wave of Galactic Heroes (missed the preorder for Death Star Trooper/Imperial Officer) via BBTS today, so hopefully these will be showing up at retail soon.  I thought about cancelling my preorder for these, but I didn't know how much I'd be able to go looking in the next couple weeks, so here we are.  Still really like this little line :).  I'm hoping that even though we're having a little girl, she'll like these someday as well :P.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 10, 2007, 03:48 AM »
I'm hoping that even though we're having a little girl, she'll like these someday as well :P.

Brian, if she's anything like my 5-year old girl, she'll love em.  Her favourites are Leia and Padme (of course ;)), following closely by R2 and Yoda.  It seems Darth Vader is cool too (but that might be her dad's collecting habits influencing her :D).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 10, 2007, 11:08 PM »
I wouldn't sweat the little girl thing either Brian.  She'll just mix the Galactic Heroes in with the Polly Pockets is all.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 11, 2007, 12:09 AM »
I wouldn't sweat the little girl thing either Brian.  She'll just mix the Galactic Heroes in with the Polly Pockets is all.

Pffft.  Emily keeps all of her Star Wars toys in their own bin so they don't fraternize with the other less cool toys.  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 11, 2007, 01:07 AM »
I chose not to brainwash my child ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 28, 2007, 02:32 PM »
It would appear that I'm not the only who is losing interest in the GH line. 

Maybe it's the fact that there is so much cool stuff in the 3 3/4 line that GH has taken the backseat.  I, for one, do not appreciate the new cinema scenes that contain one or two new figures.  This kind of throws a wrench in the collection of maintaining a complete loose collection.

I know I won't be paying $25 for a 10 pack of figures just to get two that I don't have.

I'd rather collect the comic packs than continue with the GH line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 30, 2007, 09:37 AM »
Yeah, the battle packs are a bit frustrating.  I was attempting to stay complete (at least with the OT sets), but that went out the window with the first round of these scene packs that really only had one new figure (or maybe two).  I'm debating what to do with the upcoming exclusive sets, although I'll definitely get the Jabba one.  The others I may have to pass on.  There is just so much nice stuff in the basic line this year (not to mention any other lines we might collect), that I can't afford to go nuts with these as much.  I do still enjoy them though, and I'm glad to see them continue.  If we do get to a point where this line goes "EU" (they're going to start running low on the "big names" soon), I might slowly trickle out of these.  Its just with all the stuff in the basic line these days, plus the return of Evolutions next year (not to mention the Indiana Jones and Adventure Heroes lines), and the Marvel/DC/Joe stuff I pick up - its starting to get to be too much.  And this was the time I was going to be cutting back ;).