Author Topic: 2023 TVC Troop Builder Imperial Officer 4-Pack  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 TVC Troop Builder Imperial Officer 4-Pack
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2024, 10:56 AM »
With the Hasbro Outlet pricing on these guys, I picked up an extra set, and a 4-Pack of Hoth troopers on Amazon for $25 to do some head swaps... 

Here are those guys with Hoth rebel soldier noggins. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2024, 03:46 PM »
The two on the left look like they were released that way!  But the two on the right have a little too much facial hair to be convincing Imperials.  That's something that always gets me with some Imperial custom figures - too much facial hair.  The Empire always struck me as a bit too uptight for that sort of thing.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2024, 04:56 PM »
The two on the left look like they were released that way!  But the two on the right have a little too much facial hair to be convincing Imperials.  That's something that always gets me with some Imperial custom figures - too much facial hair.  The Empire always struck me as a bit too uptight for that sort of thing.

I get the same sense, too.

In keeping with Rob's comment in the other thread about Motti and Piett in Hoth rebel disguise, I look at the two on the right as rebels in Imperial disguise. In best sterotypical Fargo language: "Nothing to see here. We're just a couple of Imperial officers doing Imperial stuff, don'cha know." Haha.

@Rob - the face skin tone on the right-most looks a bit darker than the hands. If you care, maybe pair that noggin with the gloved hand?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2024, 06:50 PM »
Agreed guys. 

And, while I’m all about Star Wars being more inclusive in the modern age, what made the empire in the OT so insidious was that it was a Nazi germany analogy… part of what made the emperor that much more evil was his racism.  There was a definite clean shaven white men only thing to that.  So I put the imperial officers who fit the old bill into the OT parts of the shelving and guys with facial hair get to go up with the expanded universe ones.