Author Topic: Bounty Hunter Pack: Have You Found It?  (Read 7832 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Bounty Hunter Pack: Have You Found It?
« Reply #15 on: August 3, 2003, 11:35 PM »
The beauty of this set is that I haven't opened IG-88 or Bossk yet.  Add those two to my trading list ;D

Too many Aurra Sing, but one more for the kid is fine too.  Chopper and 300th Fett stays in the box. :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 5, 2003, 01:23 PM »
Haven't seen it around here yet either...but the first set hasn't shown up yet either.  Not sure if I will pick it up or not, I don't have a Bossk in my collection, and wouldn't mind an extra 300th Fett, but I could probably pick up the Bossk cheaper individually.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 6, 2003, 03:27 PM »
Haven't seen it in the NY area yet.  I might hold off a little while to get it.  I've got all the figures in the set, after all.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #18 on: August 7, 2003, 02:19 PM »
This morning my TRU had X2 of the Bounty Hunter sets on the shelf along with many restocked Imperial Sets. I bought X1. I really like the Aurra Sing Swoop, just like in the comic book.

Does anyone know if they are shipping the Imperial Set along with the Bounty Hunter set? If they are that is dumb.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #19 on: August 7, 2003, 02:31 PM »
From what I have heard, the Imperial and Bounty Hunter sets are being shipped separately.  The Imperial set has now been out for a couple months, and the Bounty hunter set has been out for only a few weeks at most.
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: August 8, 2003, 09:19 AM »
Saw 2 last night at TRU, 2 were still there when I left :-*

I did pick up 7 J.C.Chavez N-Sync dolls to hand out at the Fantasy Football draft tomorrow for the grand total of $7

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2003, 08:03 PM »
Just got this set today.  My wife, Carrie, actually picked this up for me today.  I don't plan on opening it up (at least not right now), and it is sweet!  I love that Aurra Sing swoop bike!  I'm VERY happy I have it now, and if you're reading this Carrie... THANK YOU!!!   ;D
dustrho

Offline carebear

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2003, 08:22 PM »
 ;D
Who loves ya!?
I actually looked for more but they only had a buttload of the imperial 4 packs.
Carrie Rhoads
DUSTRHO is my hubby!!!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2003, 10:58 AM »
Haven't seen it at retail yet.  Key word is YET.  I DID see it in Chicago at WWC, but they wanted $40 for it.  I wasn't about to pay double retail just to get it a couple of weeks early.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2003, 11:27 AM »
Nothing in PA. Imperials everywhere, but no Bounty Hunters in sight yet. Kinda like the OT.
Post sober.

Offline carebear

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2003, 09:47 PM »
I saw about 9 of these at a local TRU on my lunch hour in the Chicago area.
Carrie Rhoads
DUSTRHO is my hubby!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2003, 04:58 AM »
MisterPL, these should be working over to you...

They're in Pittsburgh, and are as stale as week old croutons.  They're just sitting...

This set is just sorta poor from head to toe.  The Bossk (And while I love my Trandoshans even) is completely uninspiring.

The IG-88 is overly redundant at this point (paint him white and give us IG-72 for cripes sake).

The craptastic Aurra Sing is just like the POTJ version of her figure, and cannot hold her swoop bike right because they needed to retool her one arm.  Also, making her 2nd holster functional would've been nice, I mean you have the gun mold already and it would take a VERY slight retooling to do that and the one arm, ya know?  

The Boba Fett is only redeeming if you don't already have one, and he wasn't exactly tough to find...  If you're a customizer and want to make a 2nd Fett, maybe he's cool for that reason too.

The weapons ALL were bent that I've seen so far...  Aurra's rifle, Boba's rifle (I've seen it bent almost in half it's so cheap), etc...  It's just sad.

There is ONE good thing though.

The Swoop bike is nicely detailed to be an accurate swoop for Aurra...  It's a beautiful sculpt they did to the additions like her seat is extended, there's saddlebags, and even the skull she has mounted to the front of her hog.  THAT is nice, and if I pick this up it's going to be for that swoop and the swoop alone.  

Aurra does sit nicely on the swoop, but damned if that one arm won't go on the controls and it looks awkward and stupid...

Oh, and I think they made a hook for her long rifle on the swoop, which is kinda cool too.  Like I said, that Swoop is really a nice piece, but for $20 I'm still iffy.  I'd have to justify it by finding a goood use for the other crap in the set.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2003, 01:41 PM »
Got it, Jesse. When I saw your name at the end of this thread, I figured you found it already. ;D

Yes, the swoop is sweet. $20 for a cool vehicle and some random custom fodder? I'll take it.
Post sober.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2003, 02:33 PM »
I saw it today at TRU during my lunch break.  Did I buy it? Nope.  Will I?  Eventually, but most likely only for the swoop, which, like Jesse and MPL said, is ultra cool.  Maybe I'll paint the IG88 white and stick him on Bespin.  It might justify the $20 a bit more.  
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Rob Gailor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2003, 12:01 AM »
If you are around Philly, I was at the 309 Montgomeryville TRU today, they had a fresh case of the bounty hunters in. I couldn't believe it. I was there around 7pm, they had a case sitting on the floor, I assume waiting for collectors to pick out of the box. Had about 4 left. Take care.