Author Topic: Retirement ?'s  (Read 2040 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Retirement ?'s
« on: August 23, 2003, 12:53 AM »
How old do you think you'll be when you retire?  What are you plans after retirement?  Are you going to move to a different location (i.e. Florida, Arizona, etc)?

I'll probably be about 60 when I retire, I don't have anything planned for retirement, and will probably move down to Florida when that times come.
dustrho

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Retirement ?'s
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2003, 01:01 AM »
If I could find a decent job with some good benefits and retirement,  I'd probaly say about 60 also.  As far as my plans,  I don't know...  I guess it will all depend on if I'm married with kids and stuff like that.  It will be really nice to lay back and do absolutely nothing... ;D  

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2003, 05:52 PM »

If I have a nice job*.

* Or if I hit the lotto.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 12:53 PM »
Assuming I dont hit the lottery, probably 65.

If I could win the lottery, and it was a high enough amount to live on comfortably, I'd never work again. I'm not one of those types that claims they would keep their job if they won the lottery.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2003, 01:00 PM »
55 for me with a nice pension but I may go to 60.   :-\ Still 2016 seems so far away right now.

What will I do after I retire? Look back & say, man did I spend that much on all those toys?   ;D

Offline carebear

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2003, 04:07 PM »
I'll probably be about 60 when I retire, I don't have anything planned for retirement, and will probably move down to Florida when that times come.

Hmmm... I would like to retire when I am 40!   ;)  Since I know that won't happen, then I can settle for 60 or 65 but since I am such a work-a-holic then maybe I will retire and then go back to work part time or something!!!  I don't know where to retire to...maybe Florida like Chris says but I always thought we could move to the mountains!!!!  
Carrie Rhoads
DUSTRHO is my hubby!!!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2003, 04:20 PM »
I don't know where to retire to...maybe Florida like Chris says but I always thought we could move to the mountains!!!!  

Like I've always said honey, I would love to retire in Oregon or even Colorado in the mountains.
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2003, 04:21 PM »
I'm not one of those types that claims they would keep their job if they won the lottery.

I would quit immediately after finding out that I won the lottery.  I'm just like you... there's no way I would work, at least not full time.
dustrho

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2003, 11:42 AM »
For me retirement will be in sometime in my 60s. If I am not currently living where I want at that time I would find 40 wooded acres and have a nice home and workshop on it. Perferably in the middle so I don't see anyone else ;)
 I just want a quiet area to relax and do my hobbies in piece.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge