Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 227722 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #1140 on: October 9, 2020, 01:24 PM »
Looks like they officially unveiled Castle Grayskull this morning. Currently up for preorder at Wal-Mart (not sure if it is WM exclusive) for $75. Looks nearly identical to the vintage one honestly, but fits right in with the overall feel of this line. I’ve always regretted not ordering the Classics Grayskull when it was available (although I still don’t know where I’d put it), so I went ahead and preordered this one. I still have my vintage one from when I was a kid, but it could use a few small repairs and TLC. It will be nice to get a shiny new one...plus, that packaging art is outstanding! (Although the typo that I’m assuming should say “fortress” and not “fortess” is bothering me.)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1141 on: October 13, 2020, 10:57 AM »
I like that they’re releasing Grayskull in this line. It’d be incomplete without it. I have a vintage, 200x, and was lucky enough to get a Classics version on sale, so I’m sure I’ll get this one.

I’d love to see a Slime Pit in this line, but Mattel will have to release the Horde first.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 31, 2020, 01:19 PM »
I received Man E Faces, Trap Jaw, and Orko today from an online order, looking forward to digging into those. My order for Scareglow unfortunately was cancelled (from both WalMart and Amazon), so that is kind of a bummer. Excited for the other three though!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1143 on: October 31, 2020, 03:00 PM »
I too had my Scare Glow canceled. And the rest of them as well, so now I’m back to stalking the website. Glad you got them!   :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: September 12, 2021, 08:06 PM »
Been awhile, is anyone here collecting or keeping up with the new age-Man line(s) and figures? To be honest, I always looked at my Classics collection and thought “I’m good on He-Man stuff for now”. I missed out on a handful of characters, but otherwise felt good about it.

Then Origins hit and I checked those out, and loved them. Sometimes a headache to find, but affordable and to me sort of vintage He-Man 2.0. Those original figures don’t hold up the best over time, and Origins is a chance to get a collection of those that are complete and more durable. I’m pretty complete aside from Power Con stuff, and I’ll probably continue.

Now we have Masterverse, which are pretty good for that $20 price point. I have what is released so far, but have only opened He-Man, Skeletor, and Battle Cat. Plus they showed a lot more cool stuff this weekend at Power Con. The question I ask myself (as I’ve been selling off chunks of my collection to clear up space, etc), is do I really need three (or more) versions of these same characters? Outside of by absolute favorite characters or lines (specifically Spidey, Marvel, and parts of Star Wars), I try to limit the other franchises to one line, or one version. That is getting more and more difficult.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: January 8, 2023, 05:33 PM »
Is anyone here collecting Masters stuff anymore? I honestly got pretty much all in on the Origins stuff, and feel like I’m getting pretty complete to what I want there. There are a handful of figures they haven’t gotten to yet that I would probably pick up, and I’d like to see them do more of the vintage vehicles (like Dragon Walker and Attack Trax), but if not I’m good.

I toyed with the idea if going in on Masterverse, but then decided to only grab one if they catch my eye. I’m trying so hard to cut back, and it is like “how many different He-Man lines do I need to collect when it isn’t even my ‘main’ line?” Just today I saw the Two Bad was available at Target and I rushed to order it until I asked myself if I really needed to spend $30 for something that is likely headed to a tote. Trying to be better about that in the new year.