Multimedia > Jocasta's Reading Room

Rare hardcovers?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Chris Wyman:

--- Quote from: I Am Sith on October 10, 2007, 10:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: JGordon24 on October 10, 2007, 09:32 PM ---What kind of condition do the books from the Book Club arrive in? I'm so picky about the items in my collection, so it's always a challenge to find the best condition possible. Do they pack them well?

--- End quote ---

Everything that I've ordered and received from them has been mint condition.  They pack things very well and their shipments arrive quickly.  I highly recommend them.

As an aside, I've pre-ordered Inferno and Death Star, so if you wait until next month, both of those will probably be available for your subscription commitment.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info.

Inferno would definitely be one that I'd get since it's only in paper back, but the Death Star novel will be released in a larger hard back, so I'll have to get that version for sure.

I Am Sith:
I flaked, I meant to say that I pre-ordered Fury with Death Star...

Chris Wyman:
Okay, this is one of the books I ordered the other day. It's the only one that's arrived so far.

I got an absolutely perfect hard cover first edition copy of "Han Solo's Revenge" from 1979 written by Brian Daley. This is the second book in a three book cycle by Daley.

For some dumb reason, I think they released the first one only in paperback, then this one in hardback and then the third one only in paperback.  ???  It's strange seeing a book this old in such nice condition though.

I Am Sith:

--- Quote from: JGordon24 on October 13, 2007, 05:48 PM ---For some dumb reason, I think they released the first one only in paperback, then this one in hardback and then the third one only in paperback.  ???

--- End quote ---

I have the first and second in hard cover, and the third (Han Solo and the Lost Legacy) pops up in hard cover every once in a while on ebay, but you're looking at at least $25+ for a decent copy.  That is 1 of only about 6 books I need to complete my hardcover collection.  I thought that I had gotten a copy of NJO Traitor, but the auction ended up being a fraud and they removed it from ebay.  Oh well, the hunt continues.

Chris Wyman:

--- Quote from: I Am Sith on October 13, 2007, 09:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: JGordon24 on October 13, 2007, 05:48 PM ---For some dumb reason, I think they released the first one only in paperback, then this one in hardback and then the third one only in paperback.  ???

--- End quote ---

I have the first and second in hard cover, and the third (Han Solo and the Lost Legacy) pops up in hard cover every once in a while on ebay, but you're looking at at least $25+ for a decent copy.  That is 1 of only about 6 books I need to complete my hardcover collection.  I thought that I had gotten a copy of NJO Traitor, but the auction ended up being a fraud and they removed it from ebay.  Oh well, the hunt continues.

--- End quote ---

Oh, well that's good to know. I was checking wikipeidia.com and it didn't look like they had anything listed for the other two books in that series as hardcover, but if you have them, that's all the proof I need! I ended up paying $45.00 for this one, but given the condition it's in, I totally didn't mind. It looks like it's never been read and the dust jacket is flawless.

Sorry about your failed auction for Traitor. That's always annoying, but you'll get it though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version