Collectibles > Kenner Retro Collection

3rd Party Kenner Retro-Style Toys

(1/55) > >>

Rob:
I don’t know if it’s real, and I can’t figure out how to post it here from my phone, but in the RS thread for this line someone has a screen grab from Home Bargains showing a retro collection Bantha and Sand Person.  I can’t find it on the site but it LOOKS legit.

Muftak:
The image in question...

I can't verify it, but this picture is calling to my mind a custom Bantha I've seen before that was solid fur sculpted on top of the POTF2 Bantha. The telltale was the reuse of the saddle. But for all I know, that's how modern Hasbro would do it, too.

I dunno, but it would be neat if true!

Darby:
If that is real, I will FLIP.

JediJman:

--- Quote from: Rob on May 26, 2019, 11:04 AM ---I don’t know if it’s real, and I can’t figure out how to post it here from my phone, but in the RS thread for this line someone has a screen grab from Home Bargains showing a retro collection Bantha and Sand Person.  I can’t find it on the site but it LOOKS legit.

--- End quote ---

That does look legit.  Would be cool to get a Tusken, let alone the Bantha.  US price translates to about $40.

Muftak:
I knew it looked familiar...

The custom was even on display in a Vintage Star Wars toy museum show last year, displayed as if it was a Kenner prototype, but as you can tell by the familiar "Kenner Sandtrooper" custom, it is a modern recreation:

Its creation as a custom was confirmed during the show.

Lots of great pics and a write up at this site: https://greencardback.wordpress.com/2018/10/10/star-wars-irl-2-may-the-toys-be-with-you/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version