Author Topic: VOTC/OTC Purchases  (Read 97383 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: VOTC/OTC Purchases
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2004, 12:09 AM »
I finally scored a VOTC Luke this evening and ya know, all the pics I saw of it made the face look horrible, but up close it's not bad at all. Of course the tunic is way too big, shoulda been sculpted on him...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2004, 09:01 PM »
Picked up a Pilot Luke today, bringing my OTC scores to this (Some of this is I picked up during the Saga however):

Dagobah Luke
Dagobah Yoda
Pilot Luke
Jedi Luke
Commtech Han
New Likeness Leia
R2-D2
Bossk
Boba Fett
Scout Trooper
Stormtrooper
Skiff Lando
VOTC Han
VOTC Leia
VOTC Obi-Wan
VOTC Luke

The search still continues for the ESB VOTC figs...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2004, 10:45 PM »
Scored a VOTC Yoda for Brent tonight
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2004, 04:08 PM »
Toys R Us finally brought out their VOTC and OTC figures.  I snagged Yoda.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2004, 12:02 AM »
Got my case of OTC from kebco and it had a minty handstand luke in it woohoo
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2004, 08:28 AM »
Found the entire ESB VOTC wave at a TRU.  OTC is really taking its time to find their way to the shelves here.  Only really saw the Bossk wave, the occasional Dagabah (still need Luke and Obi wan) wave and the hundredth time carded Cantina Han.  No Bespin wave, no Jawas, Gamorrean Guards, etc. 
Common sense isn't so common

SilverZ

« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2004, 09:47 PM »
My local SoCal TRU finally had the ESB VOTC case this afternoon. It has a breakdown of one each of the 8 total ANH and ESB.

The joke? They had exactly 1 case, which was promptly freed of its ESB contents by my happy ass.

Things are hopefully looking up for new product there, though mine is still clogged with Saga junk that doesn't look to be going anywhere with a week left until DVD-day.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2004, 09:55 PM »
I spent the last two days combing the area to a depth I've avoided for a long while. But they were beautiful days, so why not enjoy the road and some new figures to boot?!

Dagobah wave is really starting to clog up the local Wal*Marts, hopefully the DVDs will coax some more of those out. They had been dead for nearly a year, until August when they actually received some new OTC--I found my Bespin Luke there (much to my surprise.) Now they're overloaded with Yodas, Swamp R2s, Hans, Pilot Lukes, and Spirit Obi-Wans. Not to mention the display shelves full of ANH VOTCs. Oh well, guess I'll check back with them next August...

TRU was where I origianlly found my Luke and Vader VOTCs, but other than that one time they're just crammed with Saga stuff from late 2002. Oh, and OTC Buddies... ::)

KMart has been the only local place I've seen a hint of the Bespin Wave. I finally found a Bespin Leia there today, if I could just find one more CCPilot I'd be a happy man.

Target seems to be the happening place in my area. Not only did I actually find all 8 VOTCs there (at the same time--in multiples!!), but they also had the newest OTCs, including my beloved Jawas! A nice set, indeed, as far as repaints of old figures go, and some of my favorite figures ever anyway. Also picked up a TIE Pilot, since I never saw the Saga version on the shelf around here.

Based on all the great things I've read I picked up a Lando. Threepio I left behind, his head is simply weird-looking to the point of distraction. That brings my VOTC tally up to five-of-eight...actually a couple more than I thought it'd be, so I guess they're a surprise hit at my house.

So not a bad couple of days. Five new figures to show for it, and I'm really done hunting until the OTC Generals show up (which I've yet to see in their Saga versions).

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2004, 07:30 PM »
Looks like  the W'loo IA TRU is gearing up for something. At the 'New At TRU' area near the front of the store, it's empty save for some Ask Yodas and DV Ties. Hopefully they'll begin rolling out some OTC figures.

Maybe they'll actually have OTC figures, finally.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2004, 09:49 AM »
Went to Wally World this morning to pick up the DVD ($38.88 at this particular store, by the way), and decided to pick up one of the "DVD Commemorative Sets" as well.  I know they are all rehashes, but I got the ESB one because I enjoy all things Han and Chewie.  They had the other two sets as well, and they were ringing up $9.88, which I guess isn't too bad of a price really for 3 (or 4 for ANH) figures.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2004, 09:55 AM »
My local Wal Mart had a OTC C-3PO on the pegs...what a waste of a store...seriously

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2004, 12:42 PM »
Yeah, I went out bright and early this morning (on my day off, no less) hoping that the DVD release would bring out the best in the toy aisles... and here's what I found:

TRU #1: OTC Luke Dagobah, Han, VOTC Han
Target #1: OTC Han, VOTC Han, Ben
Target #2: OTC Han, VOTC Han, Ben
Wal-Mart: No OTC, VOTC Han, DVD Box sets (which I ended up buying just 'cause I was so mad I didn't find anything else anywhere)
TRU #2: OTC Han, VOTC Han, Ben
Target #3: OTC Han, Luke Dagobah, Yoda, VOTC Han, Luke
TRU #3: OTC Han, Luke Dagobah, No VOTC (not even Han!!)

I spent wasted a good 4 hours of my life - not to mention almost an entire tank of gas (which cost me $28 to fill up yesterday) and got absolutely squat for my troubles.  >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2004, 05:58 PM »
Nabbed a VOTC Yoda and Lando, finally, last night...  Great figures, both, but...

Yoda's "wrong".  His belt should go over his outter coat, and had Hasbro gotten that right instead of screwing it up, they'd actually have made the coat much less puffy.  Go figure...

So I am seeing what I can do about fixing that snaffu.

Lando's waist on mine is wobbly which I'm reading is a common problem.  I'd say his thighs could've used a SLIGHT spacing apart as well.  Makes him a little more difficult to "pose" certain running ways and stuff.  Overall though Lando's a winner.

Hell I think Yoda's a winner too.  he's neat, even if puffy.  A vintage Yoda coat on him may fix all his problems though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2004, 10:26 PM »
The DVD release turned out to be a bust, toy-wise. Sure, I found the 3-packs, but no new OTC or VOTC at all, at any store.

I'm hoping that since this stuff ships until the end of the year I'll find all of it, but it would have been a blast getting the DVDs and the Endor Generals on the same day. >:(

There's always Episode III toys to look forward to...
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2004, 11:07 PM »
The DVD release turned out to be a bust, toy-wise. Sure, I found the 3-packs, but no new OTC or VOTC at all, at any store.

Same up here.  Checked about 20 stores total.  TRU put out new figures at 6:00 at night, rather than have them out for the morning >:(  Someone else cleaned them out, that's supposed to be my job.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.