Author Topic: 2020 Haslab - TVC Razor Crest  (Read 59850 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 TVC Haslab Project
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2020, 05:49 PM »
Wow!  I haven’t even placed my order yet, and we’re already over 6k????
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2020, 06:02 PM »
Probably won’t have to wait too long.   :)

No kidding!  I bet the folks at Hasbro are shocked at how fast this made it over the line!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2020, 06:12 PM »
I think people saw what the sail barge sold for and are buying extras to resell. 

Which is the main reason I’m probably not going to bother, I’m thinking the secondary market will be flooded for awhile.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2020, 07:15 PM »
Just placed my order. Neat 1st stretch goal feature. Can't see it not hitting a full 10K.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2020, 08:37 PM »
The escape pod seems an odd choice.  Not complaining, but there are so many figures that could be added.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2020, 10:16 PM »
It’s not as expensive.  I definitely think it’s underwhelming.  Hopefully the 10k stretch is something better.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2020, 10:03 AM »
It’s not as expensive.  I definitely think it’s underwhelming.  Hopefully the 10k stretch is something better.

I think we'll find out soon enough. I'm hoping for a set of carbonized bounty slabs.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2020, 10:48 AM »
I backed it this morning.  The escape pod is an interesting detail.  I'd like to see the carbonite blocks of some of Mando's bounties.  But part of me is also hoping for Kuill with a Blurgg to go in the back of the ship.

I'm curious to see what Mando's armor will look like in this release.  Information from the livestream indicates that this figure will have a softgoods cape.  And Patrick from Hasbro made a point of mentioning the pauldron on the armor.  Is this going to be the season 2 armor, complete with the Mudhorn sigil?

There are some interesting details that some people have scoped out from the images Hasbro has released so far.  The one control lever on the pilot's console in the cockpit is missing the knob that the Child plays with.  And there's also a storage compartment under the bunk where the Child was hiding during the prison barge breakout caper.  I also like how many of the exterior panels come off, which is a really cool nod to episode 2 of season 1.  And that leaves you thinking that an Offworld Jawa may be in the works (even if it's likely to be a repaint of the VC 161 Jawa).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 10:52 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2020, 04:47 PM »
My understanding is that the Mando figure we're getting is the same as the upcoming Beskar armored Mandalorian we're getting in the TVC line soon, just with a cloth cape.

I'll be surprised if we don't get bounties in carbonite, either as a stretch goal or some other release.  They really highlighted the carbon freezing chamber in the video.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2020, 06:07 PM »
7k.

It’s definitely slowed down but I’d think we’ll know what the second stretch goal is within a day or three.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2020, 04:20 AM »
I'm not at all surprised the HasLab is the razor crest.  I'm slightly underwhelmed.

Not a huge fan of the show and the ship's overall design is just....okay.  A little uninspired to me, too similar to CW designs like the SS-54 (which I actually like better) and just not as....cool as I would have hoped.

I also think the thing is way too big.  It definitely shouldn't be as big as the BMF, but it is basically the same size.  To me, this means it'll look out of scale with every other vehicle I have. 

That said, this thing clearly has an extraordinary level of detail and design.  hasbro's TVC offerings have just been incredible lately and this continues that level of care.

And I bought one.  i have a year to change my mind.  But I'd rather play it safe.  If the new season of the show is better than the last one, (I hope) then they may win me over as a more dedicated fan.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2020, 06:29 AM »
7253 right now.  I'm wondering if we might hit 8K today?

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2020, 10:04 AM »
Looks like Hasbro still hasn't figured out international distribution yet so this is US and Canada only. 

How are international people getting these?  Are BBTS and others buying stock and reselling these?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2020, 10:06 AM »
Almost 7400 now.

I think we'll hit the 10k backers by the end of the backing period pretty easily, but I'm wondering if they'll announce new unlocks along the way? The Sentinel had an extra figure and a bunch of heads as unlocks along the way, but I think they sold gangbusters on those, as ML is hugely popular and the Sentinel is essentially an army builder.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2020, 10:25 AM »
I just went back to look at the Sentinel.  I didn't realize that there were as many as 4 stretch goals.  The original goal for that was 6,000, and it ended with over 21,000 ordered!  That's just crazy.

The Sailbarge definitely set the stage.  And I think people are looking at Haslab almost like an investment vehicle.  People who backed the barge could turn around and double their money by selling it on the secondary market.  I see some sold listings for around $1200.  And the Yakface pack-in figure has been selling for around $200 by itself. 

I can see the potential that when the Sentinel gets delivered a lot of them will end up on the secondary market.  At that point there may be a serious price correction, especially if the market gets flooded.  If people get into the Razor Crest for the same reason?  That could leave a bunch of people with extras and some buyers remorse.  But we're not going to see that situation with the Sentinel play out until the fall of 2021, which is the same general delivery date as the Razor Crest.

I think anyone who lived through the PT era and saw people who viewed those lines as an investment learned a thing or two.  Because lots of people were looking back at the vintage Kenner figures and marveled at the prices of those figures some 20+ years later.  And I saw so many people who bought up EVERYTHING thinking that they would make a mint, only to sell them off for perhaps half of the original retail price.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 10:31 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback