Author Topic: Star Wars on Spike TV  (Read 36019 times)

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars on Spike TV
« Reply #60 on: April 2, 2012, 12:07 PM »
I've said this a million times before so probably have posted it here too, but I was watching some ANH, Empire and Return this weekend on Spike and I ask again "When will they make the drug/machine/whatever that allows you to temporarily lose a certain memory for a short period of time?"

I want to hear "I'm your father" or see Vader grab the Emperor, etc. for the "first" time again.

Hell, I'd like love to erase the entire prequel trilogy from my memory permanently.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: April 2, 2012, 02:56 PM »
Was watching some of this too when I had time...  caught Luke out in the snowfield on Hoth, and the group getting ready to go get Leia in the detention center.  That was bout it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 2, 2012, 08:53 PM »
I watched some of it this weekend as well.  I pretty much always do whenever it is on, particularly the OT.  It is funny, I took our daughter to see TPM 3D in Feb, and since then she has been really into Star Wars - but has ended up gravitating to the OT specifically (she loves Leia).  We watched the movies (OT) on blu ray over a few weeks because she wanted to see them all (aside from a couple parts I didn't know if she should watch) - and watched most of them again this weekend.  It has been fun seeing her experience that wonder for the first time like many of us did as kids.

Speaking of Spike, this is actually the first time the movies have been on for awhile.  I usually periodically check if they are coming up at all, and I can't remember the last time they were on (maybe Christmas?).  Unusual for them.  I noticed that although they advertised it as a "SW marathon", it was OT only.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 2, 2012, 11:44 PM »
I saw the ROTJ scene with Corpsey! Perfect timing!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 1, 2012, 10:38 PM »
Looks like Spike is having their 4th of July(ish) viewing of the Saga, with a movie airing each day this week.  TPM is on right now, kicking things off.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 2, 2012, 09:39 AM »
Speaking of Spike, this is actually the first time the movies have been on for awhile.  I usually periodically check if they are coming up at all, and I can't remember the last time they were on (maybe Christmas?).  Unusual for them.  I noticed that although they advertised it as a "SW marathon", it was OT only.

I thought the only thing Spike shows is Star Wars and Wrestling.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: July 2, 2012, 05:02 PM »
And 1000 ways to die, and that fat guy that buys auctioned storage lockers with the little dude that gets all child-like when something explodes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2012, 10:58 AM »
For anyone interested, it looks like the OT is going to be on over the next couple nights.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 3, 2013, 02:15 PM »
Older thread bump here, but I've noticed that Star Wars hasn't been on Spike TV for quite some time now.  I was checking if it was on this weekend (for "Star Wars Day"), but didn't see a sign of it - and I'm pretty sure it hasn't been on at all this year (I do a search every couple weeks or so for "Star Wars" just to check).  I noticed that Spike has the Indy movies now as well, so it would have been a nice 1-2 punch of my childhood favorites.

Anyways, not that we don't all have them on blu ray, DVD, etc....but it was always nice having them on TV once in awhile too.  I didn't think Spike's deal had expired yet (but maybe it has), or if this was another example of Disney taking SW off the radar until the build up for Episode VII.  Anyways, just an observation.  Thought about popping in ROTJ or something tomorrow night to celebrate SW Day and the 30th Anniversary of ROTJ.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2013, 09:03 PM »
Spoke too soon, looks like the prequel trilogy is airing this Fri/Sat/Sun, although I do think that is the first time any of the movies have been on in 2013, sort of surprising.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 5, 2014, 02:37 PM »
Similar to my last post here I guess, but does anyone know if Spike still has the rights to Star Wars? I seem to remember the deal being for six years starting in 2008 when ROTS was first on cable.  I'm pretty sure it hasn't been on this year, or if so it has been awhile. I was wondering if maybe Disney had the rights now or what. I've seen Indy on TV several times this year, on several stations, but no sign of Star Wars.  Not that we can't just watch it on DVD, Blu Ray, etc., just curious.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: September 5, 2014, 04:09 PM »
I thought I remember reading something that when Spike's deal expired (I believe it ended April 2014), Disney was working something out with Netflix.

Industry reports said that Episodes 8 and 9 will fall under Disney's 2016-start deal with Netflix.  I thought I read someone saying Netflix wanted to secure 1-6 rights to air them on Netflix before Ep7 next winter.  Could have been a rumor though I guess...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #72 on: September 6, 2014, 08:44 PM »
There will be something neat about watching these movies on my iPad.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2014, 08:47 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2014, 09:18 PM »
I miss watching the saga of Star Wars on SPIKE.