Author Topic: The Vintage Collection Returns - Spring 2018  (Read 29524 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Vintage Collection Returns - Spring 2018
« Reply #45 on: September 8, 2017, 01:15 PM »
Space crack-head Snoke!

It's a shame they took "We want echo base rebel trooper back" as "we want the Hoth Rebel Trooper back". But that's a worthy figure, too.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: September 8, 2017, 04:08 PM »
Thanks again to efranks/ImperialHolocron.com for sharing pics!  Looks like they took Snoke out of the case today...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: September 8, 2017, 04:43 PM »
Steve Evans of Hasbro officially reveals TVC Supreme Leader Snoke on his instagram account -

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 8, 2017, 04:44 PM »
It's funny, with Snoke out of there, it is all repacks....but they still look beautiful. Looking forward to the vintage return next year.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 8, 2017, 05:34 PM »
I am loving these. Love the logos for the ST and Snoke is a nice surprise.

+1  I'm so excited for the return of the vintage line.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #50 on: September 9, 2017, 11:24 AM »
So happy this collection is coming back!  I'm going to be so broke!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #51 on: September 9, 2017, 02:07 PM »
Ah finally! I actually just went and ordered Jyn, Cassian and a couple Deathtroopers to officially begin collecting Star Wars again. I don't know how far down the rabbit hole I'm going to go with episodes 7-9, but I'm really excited to get some more stuff from the OT and Rogue One. Eh, **** it...I'll probably be all-in, as long as it's super articulated.

I'm not really thinking themed waves, but here's some figures I'd like to see sooner rather than later...

OT
• Yakface
• Palpatine with throne
• Tonnika Sisters (can't believe we're still asking for these two)
• Wuher (updated)
• Shasa Tiel

Rogue One
• Director Krennic
• Mon Mothma
• K-2SO
• The whole ******* squad
• Pretty much everyone in that movie
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 9, 2017, 03:33 PM »
• Pretty much everyone in that movie

About sums it up!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #53 on: September 9, 2017, 07:05 PM »
Glad this collection is returning. Hope they get to Jedi Master Luke soon.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 6, 2017, 11:03 AM »
I was just listening to the most recent SWAN podcast, and Arnie has an interview with Steve Evans and Hasbro from the HASCON floor. At about the 29 minute mark he asks them about the lineup for TVC next year and Steve Evans basically said that what they revealed at Comic Con was essentially the lineup for the year and they were already looking at 2019.

If I'm understanding that right it looks like the line, at least initially, is going to be handled much like the VOTC days where we just 8-12 figures (or less) in a year alongside the regular basic line. Understanding the toy landscape for action figures right now, I'm ok with that, although I sort of wish there was a little bit more "new" mixed in there at first.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: October 6, 2017, 11:46 AM »
Yeah, from the beginning, Hasbro has been saying 12-15 figures in 2018, then potentially more in 2019 depending on how it goes.  I believe they said something like 30-36 but not all the way to 50-75 like the heyday of the line.

Right now we're sitting at seven repacks (Rey, Kylo, FO Stormtrooper, Hoth Rebel, Jyn, Cassian, Deathtrooper) and three NEW (Aphra, Tank Driver, Snoke) with a couple more NEW figures to be revealed (most/all of which are from new media).

I can understand the disappointment with all the repacks, but that's kind of where we are these days.  The Walmart 3.75" line stuff kicked off with repacks too to get the numbers to work for the new figures. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: October 6, 2017, 05:14 PM »
I'm ok buying for the cardback but maybe that's just me.  I mean people wishing for more new are just burying their heads in the sand on how the line works at this point.  Black series has really been no different and it goes to show this line isn't the great resurgence of collector focused 3.75" being a mainstay.  It's a lot better than we have been getting with an "exclusive", and poorly handled at best, line that also included repacks.

And the tank is a nice "big ticket item" too as a companion to it.  Wish it had a vintage box.

I heard some are saying "OT focused is what we want!" And I don't agree.  I mean I want OT too but I like EU if it's on the table, I like some PT, and I'd love some rogue one figures!  Lots of them actually.  Likewise I'd take lots of sequel trilogy figures done this way like a nice Hux or a generic officer, a pilot or two using Poe as a base figure, good versions of any main character like Finn or whatever, resistance soldier...

It's a shame that some people really feel they speak for everyone when they do anything but.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 6, 2017, 05:20 PM »
The calendar is looking kind of jammed up for Hasbro in the year or so with two movie releases, and associated product lines.  And I think 2019 is going to be a bit more fertile for the Vintage Collection. 

There's a brief window for TVC to roll out following the theatrical release of THE LAST JEDI in early 2018... before the HAN SOLO line gets launched in the spring.  I think that's when we're going to see the figures that have been revealed, along with the tank from ROGUE ONE.  The HS line will probably be the primary line for Q2 and Q3 2018.  And have you wondered why there's no Falcon in the TLJ line?  I bet there will be one in the HS line.  But the TVC line?  I bet it gets some more releases in the fall, complete with upgraded sculpts to figures that were part of the TLJ and HS lines.

With the release of Episode IX now pushed back to December of 2019 from the previously scheduled May release?  I think that opens up some merchandising options for Hasbro with the product line for the first half of 2019.  And that might be the prime time for The Vintage Collection.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2017, 05:20 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #58 on: October 6, 2017, 05:24 PM »
I am glad the VC line is returning, and it will probably be successful. I will not be collecting it in any major way. That's mostly my own personal situation re: collecting/space. I will definitely be buying to open in some cases and in very select cases, to leave carded.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 6, 2017, 08:25 PM »
Yeah I'm fine with the repacks too, and honestly like it was said that's just how the line works these days. I'm also ok with a somewhat limited line, because I couldn't keep up with a 50 figure at $13 each pace anyway.

I'm also in the camp of loving OT first and foremost, but that isn't necessarily all I want to see either. Honestly I was just looking at my OT figure case today and was thinking how fleshed out they've really gotten those movies. Always more to see, and finishing off the originals would be great, but I think the newer movies like TFA, Rogue One, TLJ, etc need the SA figure help much more since that is when the 5 POA stuff came back full force.