Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

4” Epic Hero Series Figure Line

<< < (14/14)

GrandMoffNick:
For those buying these (Rob), do you think one could make a squad of Stormtroopers that would look OK if they were not with regular 3.75 figs?

Muftak:
They are pretty bulky and missing some black paint, especially the visible white neck. And they have hexagonal weapon ports on their arms. These all detract from really displaying with other more "realistic" modern figures.

That said, I bought 2 to pose ironically squaring off with some POTF2 Rebel Fleet Troopers. They are much better in that setup than other modern Stormtroopers or POTF2 ones, which have aged very poorly.
I

Dave:
I’ll be interested to see how well the new N-1 vehicle works with TVC figures.  I’m not opposed to buying some of these more basic vehicles if they look okay and can fit the TVC figures without them swimming in the cockpit.

I have no interest in collecting these figures, although I may struggle to resist if they come out with never made before figures.

Rob:
Yeah that would entirely be a question of what your standards are.  If they’re low, you could certainly do it.

Dave:

--- Quote from: Rob on April 14, 2024, 03:34 PM ---Yeah that would entirely be a question of what your standards are.  If they’re low, you could certainly do it.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't say my standards are low, but I think these things should be toys and not statues.  Ideally you find some balance of both, but things like light up moving chin guns on an AT-AT, and shooting NERF bullets are not screen accurate but pretty cool from a toy perspective.  This version of the N1 definitely seems a bit chunky, but I'll be interested to see how it works from a toy perspective with TVC figures to see if scratches the toy itch.

I certainly don't want the TVC figures slopping around in a giant opening where they can't really sit properly or where a droid/Grogu can't fit right.  Looking at it I'm mostly worried about how the droid/Grogu socket is going to work with TVC figures.  The TVC version handled this fairly well with the different inserts, although I wish you could have fit a whole R5 droid in there and not just a dome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version