Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 259998 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #285 on: March 26, 2011, 01:00 AM »
I've resorted to similar tactics of moving the figures around to compress them to a single peg or two and even gone so far at Target to ask them to fill in the blanks (if the price scanner indicated more product was in the back).

I have contemplated freeing up Vintage at my local WalMart at the expense of another WalMart. So far though, there hasn't been any trouble in finding the latest waves, so I just haven't gone through with it.

If you do something like that, pay with cash, it makes you personally untrackable by whatever chain your doing this in.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 26, 2011, 07:40 PM »
Odd thing at Wal-Mart today, some older Clone Wars releases rang up at $7.88 (Shaak Ti and young Boba Fett), but oddly both had UPC stickers over their normal UPC's. A lot of the figures had those stickers, though most scanned at $6.50.  Hell, anyone could put those UPS labels on Vintage to get figures for $6.50, using the self-scan checkout (assuming the store has one), who'd even notice? Not that I'm recommending it.  They do have cameras everywhere these days.

I don't know who found vintage cheaper at Target, but they are not in this area.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 26, 2011, 07:52 PM »
This seemed like as good a place as any to ask... I ordered 7 figures from HTS the other day.  So far 3 of them have shipped... all individually.  Three separate packages.  But they only charged me about $7 for shipping in the original order total.

Do they regularly ship things like that?  Do I need to go look at my credit card statement to make sure I'm not getting charged $5 or $6 for shipping each time they send a package out?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 26, 2011, 08:42 PM »
This seemed like as good a place as any to ask... I ordered 7 figures from HTS the other day.  So far 3 of them have shipped... all individually.  Three separate packages.  But they only charged me about $7 for shipping in the original order total.

Do they regularly ship things like that?  Do I need to go look at my credit card statement to make sure I'm not getting charged $5 or $6 for shipping each time they send a package out?

I haven't experienced this personally, but several of the MN guys have had that happen to them in recent orders with no extra charge.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 27, 2011, 08:06 AM »
as long as it was all purchased on one order you will only be charged on time for shipping.  I have had several order split before - most I have had was I ordered 3 items and each item shipped separately.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 27, 2011, 06:13 PM »
Cool - thanks. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #291 on: March 27, 2011, 11:43 PM »
Same thing happened to me Rob, don't feel bad.  I was panicky about getting double-charged on shipping, but I just got a one-time fee and my next case basically will be charged to me without shipping/tax on it because they got all that in the first order.  It was very convenient having two cases go up at once... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 28, 2011, 08:28 AM »
I ordered 10 figures and ended up getting 5 different packages over a 3 week span.  No extra charge for shipping, but most of the packages were mangled. I don't get why they don't just send them all at once.  They have to be losing money with all these separate shipments.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 28, 2011, 10:25 AM »
I ordered 10 figures and ended up getting 5 different packages over a 3 week span.  No extra charge for shipping, but most of the packages were mangled. I don't get why they don't just send them all at once.  They have to be losing money with all these separate shipments.

That was my thinking as well.  I'm opening these so it's not a big deal to me, but I got a Mace Windu in a padded envelope, completely smashed to bits.  Not to sound outraged about toys, but I really couldn't believe that they'd even consider shipping something that people collect in a package like that.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #294 on: March 28, 2011, 05:10 PM »
I'd guess it's probably because they were losing money on those multiple shipments, so they're going to these envelopes now...  It's a ton cheaper for them I'm sure, and HTS sure could give a rat's ass about collectors I've noticed.

They need to let people stack their orders there or maybe just explicitly state that card condition isn't a guarantee with them and that you just have to deal with it. 

I don't personally care really, but if that was my first set of those figures, I'd probably be a little miffed since I'm trying to save the cardbacks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 28, 2011, 07:13 PM »
I am all for it but only to fulfill my own selfish opener needs.  >:D  The more MOC collectors get scared of ordering from them, especially multiples ie opener set/MOC set, the easier it will be for me to get entire waves in one fell swoop and keep costs down in the process (saving on shipping).

sorry in advance to those that this may anger.

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 30, 2011, 09:30 AM »
K-Mart has a toy sale going on for the next week or so that allows you to take an additional 20% off any clearance item. This brings the price on their AT-AT down to $60. The store next to my office had at least 3. Might be worht checking into...

I am holding out for $12.50, or whatever that ridiculous price Target had going at one point.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 30, 2011, 02:08 PM »
I am all for it but only to fulfill my own selfish opener needs.  >:D  The more MOC collectors get scared of ordering from them, especially multiples ie opener set/MOC set, the easier it will be for me to get entire waves in one fell swoop and keep costs down in the process (saving on shipping).

sorry in advance to those that this may anger.

You know that if carded collecting went away, there would be less volume and prices would have to go up to offset fixed costs, right?  Just sayin'...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 30, 2011, 05:11 PM »
man, why did you have to go and bring me down...   ::)

lol.  you are right though, never thought about that.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #299 on: March 31, 2011, 10:00 AM »
Use "SPRING20" at HasbroToyShop for 20% off orders until Apr. 8
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird