Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 399165 times)

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
Re: Willrow Hood
« Reply #600 on: July 23, 2009, 11:05 PM »
That thing is bitchin'. Well done, Scott. I hope he's easy to locate on the pegs....

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 23, 2009, 11:12 PM »
That thing is bitchin'. Well done, Scott. I hope he's easy to locate on the pegs....

I don't think that will be the problem whatsoever and you're probably being sarcastic, but I'm just glad Scott is spot in the shade with Hasbro.   8)    Congrats!  -  again
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 23, 2009, 11:53 PM »
Congrats on finally seeing this materialize Scott.  That's got to feel good.   ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #603 on: July 24, 2009, 01:41 PM »
Congrats Scott on getting your vision realized. My question for you though is, will you give Willrow a ice cream scoop to hold in his right hand? :)
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #604 on: July 24, 2009, 02:19 PM »
Willrow Hood received a round of applause in the Hasbro Presentation and the presenter said "Please buy this figure"
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 24, 2009, 03:28 PM »

Oh I don't think that will be an issue.

Unless you consider Yarna a tough find.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 24, 2009, 04:42 PM »
It kind of is too bad that he "portly" otherwise he make good custom for Xwingers lounging around without all the gear.  Kinda like Luke when he's talking to 21B b4 he leaves the med. in ESB.

I was thinking that too, a bit of a shame - would have probably gotten several of these if not for the gut... maybe Porkins as a teenage pilot.   :P

At least the arms might be useful for a gloveless version.  I think there's a promo pic of Luke from ESB of him on Dago in the flight suit in front of downed xwing without gloves on
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 24, 2009, 05:17 PM »
I'm not a buy ever figure kind of collector, but I'm definitely buying Willrow.
I am not the Stig

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #608 on: July 24, 2009, 08:11 PM »
I don't think I've said it here yet, so Congrats again Scott! I'm so happy for you that all of your hard work and persistence paid off. You deserved this. I hope you don't end up with carpal tunnel syndrome from signing so many of these figures. ;)

I know I plan on picking up at least three. I've got a place ready for him in my Bespin display,, plus I'd like one carded version, and a carded version with Scott's John Hancock. And I might grab a few more for customs. The figure looks great.

Personally I don't expect Willrow will be a pegwarmer at all. I'd bet he'll be shortpacked and will be more difficult to find than a lot of people are expecting. I think Hasbro would have learned from Yarna.
"This is the way."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 25, 2009, 02:49 PM »

Oh I don't think that will be an issue.

Unless you consider Yarna a tough find.

I think that's accurate, but I could care less.  I'm ecstatic to get Yarna (I can still find 'first day of release' Yarna's btw) but absolutely over the top with Willrow.  The efforts of Scott and Matt have finally paid off, so congrats to both of you and of course especially to Scott.  The naysayers can suck eggs and go buy another rainbow clone to console themselves. 

I'll be down for a Vikings game in November Scott and I want mine signed (I'll bring you a Canadian carded version).
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 25, 2009, 03:05 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and guess that Hasbro knows what happened with Yarna and that they're going to reduce the quantities of Willrow accordingly.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #611 on: July 25, 2009, 04:26 PM »
I don't think I've said it here yet, so Congrats again Scott! I'm so happy for you that all of your hard work and persistence paid off. You deserved this. I hope you don't end up with carpal tunnel syndrome from signing so many of these figures. ;)

Speaking of which....we need to finalize a plan for this.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 25, 2009, 04:42 PM »
Does JD offer a good insurance plan to cover that?  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #613 on: July 25, 2009, 05:22 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and guess that Hasbro knows what happened with Yarna and that they're going to reduce the quantities of Willrow accordingly.

You'd be in the vast minority if you checked out the threads on this at otheR Sites.  ::)  The bitching and moaning out there is sad.

I like the, "All you who wanted this had better pony up and buy all that you see", and other asshat comments similar to that.

Where's that kind of anger over Brainiac?  He's a pegwarmer near me...  Or how about the Spacetrooper, who is pretty easily available anywhere here too?   

People are so sad in this hobby at times, that it's embarassing to be in it.  People cannot seem to be simply happy someone actually got Hasbro to pay attention and make an obscure background character.  This should be good news for everyone, that they'll try to appease the fan base like that.

Then again most of the people bitching probably started collecting around 2002, and just would rather have a clone repaint, or the Sith Of the Month figure done.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 25, 2009, 07:40 PM »

That is precisely what I heard from Hasbro in their booth.  They are painfully aware of the Yarna situation and are taking measures so that we don't have another such situation again with a collector targetted figure.

Production numbers for Yarna were determined around January of 2008, which was a full 6 months before the economy began to tank.  When that happened, collector demand diminished in a big way, and that in part led to so many Yarna's becoming such pegwarmers.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback