Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

The Future of Star Wars Collecting?

<< < (169/172) > >>

Ryan:

--- Quote from: Jeff on February 16, 2024, 11:51 AM ---Steve Evans updated his website with some nifty TVC photo-checklists.  Looks like the Ghost pack-in figures will get the special HASxxx numbering, while Sabine/Chopper will get standard VC#s. 

VC332 Sabine Wren
VC333 Chopper (C1-10P)

--- End quote ---

It's dumb to be annoyed by this... but I am. Chopper & Sabine should not have been mainline numbered. They should have either matched the rest of the crew with Haslab numbering or should have been left unnumbered. It is silly to have the number inconsistent across the full Mural set.

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: Ryan on February 16, 2024, 02:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jeff on February 16, 2024, 11:51 AM ---Steve Evans updated his website with some nifty TVC photo-checklists.  Looks like the Ghost pack-in figures will get the special HASxxx numbering, while Sabine/Chopper will get standard VC#s. 

VC332 Sabine Wren
VC333 Chopper (C1-10P)

--- End quote ---

It's dumb to be annoyed by this... but I am. Chopper & Sabine should not have been mainline numbered. They should have either matched the rest of the crew with Haslab numbering or should have been left unnumbered. It is silly to have the number inconsistent across the full Mural set.

--- End quote ---

I would lean towards leaving them un-numbered if we're getting into that level of detail about this situation.  But I think it would be completely inappropriate for Sabine and Chopper to get that HASxxx numbering.  That's my opinion, for what it's worth.

I definitely appreciate the effort Steve put into putting together those sheets.  It does seem odd for this sort of thing to be offered outside of his official capacity with Hasbro.  But then that's part of the appeal of Steve being in his roles at Hasbro AND having a social media footprint - it gives him some flexibility.  And he has also been asking the community for feedback about them in an effort to make the information that much more complete.  I actually responded to his call for feedback.  He added a number of footnotes for several figures, and I asked if he might include an additional footnote for figures that have been reissued.

Jedi Idej:
As an opener, all of the packaging goes to the recycling bin. But those carded figs sure look nice together. I wouldn't mind posters of them.

As for the future of the figures... hope the increased clearances I'm seeing is from AFTER a big increase in production runs and not from the already relatively lower quantities Hasbro has been sending to retailers the last several years.

Nicklab:
This article from Yakface seems a little bit alarming:  EXISTING MAINLINE TVC DPCIS NOW ZEROED AT TARGET AND NO PEGS SET

The alarmists in the community seem to be concerned that Target might be dropping the Vintage Collection.  I am more of the opinion that TVC might be getting a bit of a pause at Target.  Per Hasbro, the wave with Count Dooku, the phase I Clone, Cassian Andor and Finn are supposed to be Fan Channel releases.  I haven't seen reports of this wave turning up at big box stores, but I have seen them in GameStop stores, and that is consistent with what Hasbro stated. 

It seems like Walmart is currently stocking this wave.  But I have yet to see any sign of these at Target.
1x Grand Admiral Thrawn
1x The Mandalorian (Mines)
1x Huyang
1x Mandalorian Fleet Commander
1x Axe Woves (Privateer)
1x Ahsoka Tano
2x Grogu (Season 3)

Target has also put the TVC deluxe figures on clearance.  But then the whole situation with that was beyond puzzling, with something like 4 - 6 different deluxe figures in stock at a given time, with 2 of those being exclusive.  In the past I would have thought that a retailer would stock twice as many basic figures at their lower price points as they would the deluxe figures.  But I would hardly ever see carded figures in stock at Target.

The whole situation is a head scratcher, for sure.

Dave:
I'm hopeful that its just a "summer break" and that TVC comes back in the fall/winter when toys have a stronger presence at retail.  While I don't really ever buy at retail anymore its critical for volumes to make the line still work.  Target and Wal-Mart are about the only big footprint retailers left that sell these, and if they drop the line I'm not sure how it'll work as anything other than a fan-channel only sort of line.  I'm good with that so long as Hasbro can still make the economics work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version