Author Topic: 2019 TVC Wave 3 (aka New TVC Wave 6)  (Read 24820 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: 2019 TVC Wave 3 (aka New TVC Wave 6)
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2019, 06:14 PM »
With a little thinner and some patience I was able to fix the forehead of Lando. Now this guy is looking suave and not at all neaderthalish...

Also took a silver sharpie to a spare Deathtrooper pistol to make a suitable replacement for Lando’s cannon sidearm. Now the holster can actually function.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2019, 11:51 PM »
Has anyone thrown a Solo Chewbacca bandolier on a VC Chewbacca (or anything similar)? Curious to see if I can get myself a quick Solo Chewie.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2019, 08:20 AM »
Has anyone thrown a Solo Chewbacca bandolier on a VC Chewbacca (or anything similar)? Curious to see if I can get myself a quick Solo Chewie.

I did a few weeks back...

I think it works pretty nicely.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2019, 09:31 AM »
Yeah that looks great! I'm totally going to copy you! ;)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2019, 10:28 AM »
Yeah that looks great! I'm totally going to copy you! ;)

Please do, it’s such a satisfying and quick custom to make. Just beware that the VOTC Chewie’s bandolier is held in place both by glue and little pegs that go into his body. You will want to put him in some hot water first to soften those pegs up.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2019, 11:23 AM »
I have two VC Chewbaccas showing up today from EE and a 5POA Solo Chewbacca showing up from Amazon prime....my first foray into the customizing world!  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2019, 12:44 PM »
I have two VC Chewbaccas showing up today from EE and a 5POA Solo Chewbacca showing up from Amazon prime....my first foray into the customizing world!  :D

Awesome, you have taken your first steps into a larger world.  ;D

Have fun!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2019, 03:07 PM »

Really? For some reason I always thought you were a customizer.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2019, 12:31 PM »
Not me....I love seeing what others have done, but I've never really done anything myself.

Although my free time lately has been devoted to building lego tables for my boys.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: July 3, 2019, 01:14 AM »
Got some stormies...  they’re cool.  I mean I’m not gonna ditch my old guys but these are def cooler.  At $13 a pop and not really needing a mountain more I’ll probably limit myself to a little squad and call it a day.  If Hasbro had some magical way to get these out in a white mailer box of 4 for less I’d consider retiring some older figures though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 3, 2019, 09:51 AM »
Got some stormies...  they’re cool.  I mean I’m not gonna ditch my old guys but these are def cooler.  At $13 a pop and not really needing a mountain more I’ll probably limit myself to a little squad and call it a day.  If Hasbro had some magical way to get these out in a white mailer box of 4 for less I’d consider retiring some older figures though.

That was the beauty of the commtech stormie....that thing got re-released a bunch of times!  Even in a few army builder packs!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 3, 2019, 10:37 AM »

That would be a ******* dream come true!

Guys, I've been chatting with Jesse on Twitter about this, but I figured I'd post here. If you have a bunch of older Stormies in the back of your display that are starting to get yellow, throw them in a glass jar (or a bunch of glass jars, because let's be honest), and fill them up with hydrogen peroxide, the mild solution you can get at CVS for first aid. Put them in the sun for a couple of days, and the yellow parts will whiten up. The best thing is, the details remain intact. It even works with Scout Troopers, which were looking pretty long-in-the-tooth in my display.

Obviously they'll never be a replacement for new, pristine white plastic, and the white matching from piece to piece was never perfect, but you'll get a few more years out of them (at least).

I didn't try the commtech ones (I actually gave a big handful of them to my son, who acted like it was second Christmas the other day), but the Vintage Collection from 2004 and the Legacy Collection(?) ones work great. I also did the Scout Troopers. You can take off all of their heads to save some space in the jars, but I recommend putting the 2004 Stormie heads in there too, as it whitened them up pretty well.

I'll grab some pics later. Unfortunately I didn't take any before pics.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 3, 2019, 11:10 AM »

Guys, I've been chatting with Jesse on Twitter about this, but I figured I'd post here. If you have a bunch of older Stormies in the back of your display that are starting to get yellow, throw them in a glass jar (or a bunch of glass jars, because let's be honest), and fill them up with hydrogen peroxide, the mild solution you can get at CVS for first aid. Put them in the sun for a couple of days, and the yellow parts will whiten up. The best thing is, the details remain intact. It even works with Scout Troopers, which were looking pretty long-in-the-tooth in my display.

Obviously they'll never be a replacement for new, pristine white plastic, and the white matching from piece to piece was never perfect, but you'll get a few more years out of them (at least).

I didn't try the commtech ones (I actually gave a big handful of them to my son, who acted like it was second Christmas the other day), but the Vintage Collection from 2004 and the Legacy Collection(?) ones work great. I also did the Scout Troopers. You can take off all of their heads to save some space in the jars, but I recommend putting the 2004 Stormie heads in there too, as it whitened them up pretty well.

This definitely works? I have 79 VOTC Stormtroopers and about 40 Biker Scouts. Nearly all have yellowed. It'll be exciting to bring them back to life.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2019, 11:13 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 3, 2019, 01:38 PM »

This definitely works? I have 79 VOTC Stormtroopers and about 40 Biker Scouts. Nearly all have yellowed. It'll be exciting to bring them back to life.

Yup. But you're going to need a lot of jars.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 5, 2019, 06:20 PM »

Yep. Works! Tried out my Biker scouts and the difference is pretty amazing. Still not a perfect match and the shoulder hinges seem to be stubborn, but I'm super psyched. I think it started working even before I put them in direct sunlight. Gonna give it another day to see if the yellowed parts can go any whiter.

Thanks guys!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."