Author Topic: Death Star  (Read 2861 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Death Star
« on: October 19, 2007, 06:38 PM »
I don't know if anyone else has started a thread for this novel yet.

'Death Star' arrived at my house from B+N today. I was looking forward to it after reading a preview article from a recent issue of SW Insider.

It's basically about the construction of the Death Star and the stories of some of the people that were involved with the Death Star and the Empire, willingly or unwillingly, that were just regular people.

So far, it's a very good book, I haven't really ever been this excited about a SW novel before. Before this came out I mostly just stuck to the movies and toys and ignored the novels.

Anyone else reading it?  :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
Re: Death Star
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 08:25 PM »
Finished it last night. Pretty entertaining read.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 10:47 PM »
I plan on starting it tomorrow. My original plan was to start it the day I got it, but sadly, that did not happen. I'm super excited about reading it though. The only thing I've got going on tomorrow is watching the NASCAR Craftsman Truck series race in Martinsville at 3:30pm. Other than that, my day is free for reading!
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 01:36 PM »
I'm waiting for the paperback release. Seems like a pretty neat read.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 02:53 PM »
I finished the book a week ago and thought it was as disappointing as it could get. Instead of making me pay $20 for a hardcover novel it should have been an $8 paperback "Tales of the Death Star" book.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 06:25 PM »
SPOILER!

I absolutely loved this book. It was so cool reading a different side of the 30 year old story that we already know the outcome of. I had forgotten when this book took place so it was quite surprising to read about Princess Leia and what really happened during her "Interrogation" with Vader. I don't remember them covering that real well in the Episode IV novel. I also thought that they did an excellent job telling the story of what the Death Star Gunner was feeling after he wiped out billions of people with a single flick of a button.

Who knows, maybe George will release another version with that shuttle blasting away from the Death Star in the background as the Rebels are flying away after the Death Star explodes.  :P
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"