Author Topic: 2019 Walmart Jabba's Palace Adventure Set  (Read 43415 times)

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Walmart Jabba's Palace Adventure Set
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2019, 05:38 PM »
If they show up tomorrow or Monday that's still pretty smooth
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2019, 05:53 PM »
Service-wise, from order to drop-off, I rate this 9/10. Ordering was easy, delivered on estimated date, and the condition of the item was as if I had my choice from a just-stocked shelf at a store. And the delivery notification was prompt. The one knock is for the lateness of the email with shipment info, which only hit my inbox overnight.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2019, 08:47 PM »
Does anyone know when this is supposed to make it to shelves, presuming it ever does?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2019, 08:52 PM »
It's Walmart. Only God knows if it'll ever show up in a store

I stand by this
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2019, 12:17 AM »
Arrived today, exactly the day predicted.  I'm hesitant to compliment those soulless fiends at Walmart, but they did a good job.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 12:50 AM by Jeff »
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2019, 09:51 AM »
Finally looked at my Walmart account today to see that this is delayed for my yesterday delivery with no indication as to when I should expect it.  No email notification whatsoever.  Classic Walmart!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 11:06 AM by P-Siddy »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2019, 11:18 AM »
Mine shipped and is expected on the 22nd, which is the exact date that it said I’d get it when I preordered.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2019, 11:41 AM »
Mine arrived yesterday as well. Haven't gotten a chance to open it yet, but man that vinty box is pretty.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2019, 08:04 PM »
Is the carbonite slab sized correctly or is it undersized? I think it's the same as the black series 3.75" slab, but I honestly can't tell if it's the right size or not. I'm considering picking one of these up just to take the Tauntaun and Jerba heads and slab, but I want to make sure it'd be worth it. I'd sell the extra archway, if anyone is interested.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2019, 02:15 AM »
I believe it's the Black Series slab, which to my eye looks correct, but I am pretty sure it's the slab with, at best, a magnet added to it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2019, 10:55 AM »
And still nothing... No updates, no communication, nada. 

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2019, 11:58 AM »
My 5/18 estimate got skipped over, and I was able to pick it up on Wednesday the 22nd.

Overall the most impressive part of the set (I do like it a lot) is the pricing. Fifty bucks for two TVC figures and a playset, when 3 a figure 3-pack costs $50 too? At the most, the playset portion cost me $24.

I am looking at selling the carded figures to a carded collector, since this is one of those rare instances where the packaging seems significant and will probably be rare. (If I keep them I would open them.) Selling them off will recoup a lot of the cost, I think.

As far as I'm concerned, Hasbro can scrap the TVC figure line entirely (I had a brand new Meijers store open nearby last week, and they opened the doors with a fresh case of TVC 2018 Wave 1 on the shelf. Good luck with that!) Just release figures as pack-ins with newly sculpted playsets and vehicles from here on out!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2019, 08:37 PM »
Picked up mine yesterday at Walmart ship to store.  Had to wait the usual 15 minutes  ::) for someone to show up and grab it, but the set is pretty awesome.  They gave me what looked like a sealed case of two, so I initially thought I was getting a BOGO, but they had taken the second one out and just re-taped it with air packs inside.  I didn't think $50 was a deal by any means, but the pricing is fair for what you get.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2019, 02:16 AM »
Got mine over the weekend at a local geek meeting and man it’s pretty cool.  It’s three walls with some detail sculpted into them so it’s not exactly groundbreaking but it’s cool.  Kinda wish I had another now and may pick up a second in the future if they become easy enough to get.

I didn’t open the figures because, honestly, the absurd money carded guys are willing to pay for stuff these days makes me reluctant to. 

The details are nice on it.  Hasbro put a lot of thought into how collectors may want to light it or at least let the room’s lighting pass through it.  Kudos to whoever designed it for that.  It seems like a lot of care was given to some little stuff.  I could see going nuts with LEDs with it and really making it nice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2019, 01:37 PM »
I sold my carded figures over the weekend. Offset the cost of the playset piece down to just $5. I can handle that!

Spent some time this weekend creating supplemental pieces for the floor and arches as requested by several of my customers. I think they turned out well. The floorpiece has flaps to allow it to extend or contract depending on the configuration you choose...