Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 476378 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 10.21.05
« Reply #1065 on: October 21, 2005, 04:11 PM »
palpy looks positively e-vil.  i'd give him the deluxe palpy/or #35 palpy hands for this particular shot though with the force lightning.  i've been meaning to do something like this but i was going to put some Agen robe sleeves on him, also the robes from that sucky Saga Emperor seem so much better than the ROTS robes like they're dragging on the ground or something, anyway my 3 cents looks good and the force lightning awesome effect.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 21, 2005, 08:09 PM »
I'm glad he looks evil.  That's definitely what I want him to look like.  The meaner, the better.   The sleeves occured to me too... don't know if I'll change them later on or not.

Also, I decided to make a version of Sio Bibble, an older version of him like in ROTS.

:P

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 21, 2005, 08:29 PM »
Wow!  The Sio Bibble is great!

Is that the Ep I head?  It looks slightly...different.

Then again, how would I know, I never actually saw one of those expensive ba$tards!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1068 on: October 21, 2005, 08:33 PM »
Wow that looks downright evil. I really like it. Your effects continue to improve too, that is some nice looking lightning. I agree the sleeves are a bit tight though, I think the SAGA Chancellor Palpy #30someting in the '02 series, might look better. I believe you can still find that figure at most TRUs. ::)

The Sio Bibble looks really cool, the clothing almost looks like snake skin the way you painted it. I don't have an Episode I version either, you are brave to use one of those, they are a little out of my fodder budget.
"This is the way."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 21, 2005, 10:37 PM »
That Sio Bibble is fantastic man!

I love the way it looks reptilian!

Palpatine is very evil looking. I agree with putting some other hands on him though, and that would make him even better. Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... :D

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 21, 2005, 10:46 PM »
Thanks guys.  I'm trying to have some variety with my customs lately, and I though Sio Bibble might be a nice surprise.

Funny about the Sio Bibble.  Back in early 2000, I bought two of these figures, one to open and one to customize.  I just couldn't figure out what to do with it.  Then, about 2 years ago, I was back at my parents house, and went into my old room, which is still littered with Star Wars stuff too.  There were several imcomplete customs scattered about... brought back a few memories of customizing with my best friend down there before he died.

I look over, and see the Sio Bibble head... only my little dog has taken into her mouth and is chewing on it.   In a burst of Wookiee Rage, I grabbed her to make sure it didn't go down her throat, and got if out of her mouth.  The beard was all chewed up, as was part of his hair on the back of his head. 

****!  A rare head for a custom I wanted to do someday and it's ruined.  So I threw it in a box and forgot about it.

Then I had the day off from work today, and ran across that head.  Decided to use a bit of epoxy putty on it to reshape it some, and it came out ok.  Not perfect, but good enough for me.  You can't tell it was ever damaged, but now I think he looks a little bit older anyways.  So maybe it's all for the better.

So, then I needed a set of robes.  I had bought several of the "prisoner Palpatine" figure for robed customs of figures, so thought it would work out well.  Removed the head and hands, and replaced.  Then repainted the whole thing for a unique look.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Saturday 10.22.05
« Reply #1071 on: October 22, 2005, 01:40 AM »
Ok, a couple more - first off, I really like the pilot Obi Wan figure.  But it's missing something in my opinion - and a realistic paint job. Here is my version of him for his epic duel on Mustafar.

And I made these guys up tonight, for quick action Clones to get to certain areas on a battlefield rather quickly. They are highly trained experts at intercepting enemy forces and delaying a droid force until the Republic is able to send in a larger counterstrike. Highly trained on Speederbikes and AT-RT arnaments.  The are called Clone Interceptors.

Last update for a while maybe... got a new photonovel to get into gear!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1072 on: October 22, 2005, 02:02 AM »
Another excellent update! You've been a machine these last few days. :)

I LOVE the Obi-Wan. I have been thinking about doing this to one of mine as well. I think he might look even betterif you added some little burnt holes, from all the sparks and little lava speckles. I might dirty uo the boots a tad too.

The clones look great, I really like that helmet design and I think that backpack fits them very well. I like how you didn't go nuts onthe color scheme, the black and white is nice an simple and it looks really sharp.
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 22, 2005, 02:14 AM »
Thanks SLC.  The clones look a little better in person I think.  The flash washed out some of the details.  I agree that I like the simple paint design rather than a lot of flashy designs... just seems more real this way.

Thanks on the Kenobi.  I'd considered that about the burn marks too... I'll probably pick up another Obi Pilot and do that to it.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 23, 2005, 07:23 PM »
Ok, I think this is my last update for a bit, other than some preview pics I'd like to do on the next photonovel. 

Sorry for all the clone customs lately... here is Skiver Division - a fan fiction clone unit used in certain missions to be the first line of attack, to infiltrate/get behind  enemy lines as a first strike.  I think you all probably know who is under the helmet in the middle.   ;)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 10.23.05
« Reply #1075 on: October 23, 2005, 09:37 PM »
Bruce Wayne is under the helmet. :o

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 23, 2005, 09:40 PM »
Keep guessing.   ;)

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 23, 2005, 09:42 PM »
nice clones chewie! they all go really well together. your heavy trooper would go well with this squad also.

- i really like the ones with the baccara head. they look like they could be a different set of troopers, i mean beside clones.

=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #1078 on: October 23, 2005, 09:47 PM »
Rykrof!!!!!!!!!!!

hehehe i saw it at Ffurg :P :D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 23, 2005, 09:54 PM »
Thanks Jedistyle, the heavy trooper probably would look good with them, that's actually how I have them displayed right now.

Smarty, you're right, it's Rykrof.  I think I might do some sort of change on the coloring of his uniform... not sure yet.  Any suggestions?  I did paint the tunic thing to match the brownish color that the other troopers have on their armor.