Author Topic: Touched By an Angel  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Touched By an Angel
« on: March 8, 2004, 10:54 PM »
I was wondering how man of you out there have seen or watch this show?
I watch it all the time, and think the show is amazing, and I know it did have it's season finale about 2 weeks ago.  With a total of nine seasons.  That is alot, it has been here since 1994-2004.  10 years of the show.  I don't know about you all, but I truly love this show, and think it is great.  What do you all think about it?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
Re: Touched By an Angel
« Reply #1 on: March 8, 2004, 11:00 PM »
I think that the film crews clog and barricade the streets of my neighborhood too often.  ;)

Actually, I like the episode ort two that I've seen. Not too emotionally exploitive, and aninteresting (but slight) reference to Piers Anthony series that had "A Pale Horse" in it. At least to my recallection of reading it as a teen.

Honestly, I was always more of a "Highway to Heaven" guy.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 8, 2004, 11:05 PM »
I have never seen "Highway to Heaven", what is it about?  If you don't mind explaining to me.

But yes, I do love this show "Touched by an Angel", it is an inspiration to me.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: March 8, 2004, 11:16 PM »
and aninteresting (but slight) reference to Piers Anthony series that had "A Pale Horse" in it. At least to my recallection of reading it as a teen.
Thank you Deanpaul, I was remembering reading these books back in Junior High and could not for the life of me remeber who wrote them and what there names were...Incarnations of Immortality is the series, Piers Anthony (as you pointed out) is the author.  I remember my dad being pissed I was reading books where Satan was a character, my mom told him they were OK though.  I might head to the used book store and pick them up

Highway to Heaven starred Pa Ingalls (as an Angel) and the Mr Edwards (as the Human) who went around doing good deeds and saving people's souls...it was a staple on NBC's Friday night lineup (with Hunter)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 9, 2004, 12:11 AM »
Sounds pretty interesting.  Is the show still around, do they show re-runs at all or anything? ;)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #5 on: March 9, 2004, 01:03 AM »
Alright, so I've never seen a full episode, but while flipping through yesterday, I caught Roma Downey in some stupid made-for-TV movie, and I'll proudly say that I would **** the **** out of her if given the opportunity.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."