Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 307273 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #765 on: May 26, 2008, 10:55 AM »
I thought the A-Wing was already confirmed at Toy Fair?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 26, 2008, 10:58 AM »
Not too happy with the Droids and Ewoks answer. I dont know how much they are considering doing some of these characters. I wonder if these would end up in comic packs.

Yeah, I thought that to be an odd answer too.  Basically rejected designs (even though McQuarrie's stuff is fantastic) is considered more desirable than produced cartoons and toys from the 80s?  I guess the problem would be whether to make them animated style or realistic, just like the decision over Clone Wars.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #767 on: May 27, 2008, 01:51 AM »
I actually was thinking in line with them...  But the cartoons mean jack to me, so I really didn't care to ever see any Droids or Ewoks (especially Ewoks) figures/characters, and especially if in animated style...  While on the otherhand, the McQuarrie Concept Art is something I look upon with reverence as it isn't really rejected ideas...

Most of the ideas were a natural progression, and in many ways turned out true to the film character.  They're something Lucas has expressed a certain love for in the past, and they're just something special to me.  It's all in how you look at it.  I wasn't watching Droids or Ewoks as a kid though.  I was into something else by that point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 27, 2008, 07:50 AM »
I think characters from the Ewoks and Droids cartoons will eventually be covered, I also think they will eventually make some figures from the live-action Ewoks movies. They will eventually have to touch on some of these characters if for no other reason than that they will eventually run out of characters.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 27, 2008, 09:10 AM »
I thought the A-Wing was already confirmed at Toy Fair?

Since Toy Fair is an industry thing, perhaps they don't consider products shown official until it's announced to the public.  :-\
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #770 on: May 27, 2008, 09:22 AM »
Anton is right... it wasn't "officially announced" at Toy Fair, it was only "previewed" to the press.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #771 on: June 6, 2008, 05:19 PM »
The latest Hasbro QnA has been posted.

- GH Cinema Scene update...
- Battle Pack update...
- More Indy Vehicles?

and a follow up from last week:
- There will be no wide-spread release of the rumored Legends v5 Black Pauldron, Clean Sandtrooper.... until 2009.  :-\

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 8, 2008, 09:36 AM »
Confusing follow up answer.  They said in one sentence it was not produced and in the next that it didn't get a widespread release - implying that a quantity of the figure they just said never got made had a limited release. ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 8, 2008, 09:56 AM »
Confusing follow up answer.  They said in one sentence it was not produced and in the next that it didn't get a widespread release - implying that a quantity of the figure they just said never got made had a limited release. ???

Remembering that the black pauldron version was the same version as the TSC Sandtrooper, my guess is that a handful of them were put together to use as samples since they probably had some spare parts/figures lying around. This is probably how Rebelscum got theirs - a sample from a Hasbro rep. So saying that it was not produced and did not get widespread release is the same thing. Technically it did get released (via handmade samples) but the factory lines were never fired up to mass produce the figure.

So in the long run, yeah the figure (if you can find it/get it) can be had in the Saga Legends packaging but it was never released to the public, which in my mind, makes it a sample/prototype and collecting those types of items opens up a pandora's box of collecting headache when you want to start down the path of prototypes/first shots/hard copies/salesman samples.

So what it really boils down to is whether or not it was ever included in a case pack assortment of Saga Legends and the answer to that question is: "No". Therefore, I personally don't care about the version since I don't seek out un-released pieces - but that's just me. For others out there, your mileage may vary.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 9, 2008, 09:36 AM »
Then they should say that. It shouldn't be up to us to read between the lines.  ;)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 9, 2008, 08:28 PM »
Then they should say that. It shouldn't be up to us to read between the lines.  ;)

They would NEVER admit that Rebelscum gets sent salesman samples directly from Hasbro. Can you imagine the fall-out from such a move? Everyone and their brother would start a fan collecting site purely with the intent on Hasbro sending them salesman samples for "press" purposes.
Peter

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #776 on: June 20, 2008, 11:46 PM »
The latest Hasbro QnA has been posted.

- SDCC'08 Exclusive Clone Captain = confirmed
- oops!  maybe later tonight/next week?
- Yes - 4 Cantina Aliens in the Fall!  :)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 20, 2008, 11:54 PM »
So...Lak Sivrak w/Dice Ibegon? :D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 20, 2008, 11:55 PM »
No, Trinto Duaba w/ Dice Ibegon.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 11:56 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #779 on: June 21, 2008, 12:04 AM »
We had a bitchin' 2/3 of the Q&A this week.  Nice Jeff...  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77