Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410933 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #285 on: May 18, 2004, 10:07 AM »
According to this interview article with Jesse Falcon at SuperHeroTimes.com, the Storm figures coming in Marvel Legends Series 8 will have a head variant, one sporting a mohawk.  You can check some other interesting information out here, not a bad read:

Jesse Falcon Talks Marvel

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #286 on: May 18, 2004, 10:12 AM »
Wow that's cool!  Mohawked Storm is a great idea ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #287 on: May 18, 2004, 12:48 PM »
It's a great idea, but I really don't like their distribution and am beginning to hate the word variant.  Storm with a Mohawk is fantastic and now I have to wait to find one first, so I don't end up with a second.  

Another thing I don't like is the boxed sets down the road.  I know they need to sell product as individual figures, but boy, I'd sure like to know what the future box sets will be.  I don't need 3 Things, 2 Reed Richards, 2 Magneto's, 2 Beasts, 2 Gambits ::)  Really, I don't.  I do appreciate that they've made at least some kind of effort to make the figures different: original, trenchcoat and new head Thing.  

Of course, my second Magneto has Aragorn's head anyway ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #288 on: May 18, 2004, 02:06 PM »
Sounds cool about Storm.

As for the box sets I totally agree. I was lucky enough not to buy any of the X-men so when I got the box set it was cool. But now with the Spidey and the FF it kind of sucks. I really don't need the doubles and trust me I cant afford it. I wish there were more new characters in the box sets and less re-issues.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #289 on: May 18, 2004, 02:35 PM »
I agree, that is something that stinks about the box sets too.  I wanted to pick up the X-Men set to get a Rogue, as well as the labcoat/glasses for Beast, but I couldn't justify spending that much for basically one figure. On the other hand, I guess it comes in handy if you don't have a lot of the figures too.  I'm really looking forward to the Spidey/Sinister Six pack, because I only have a "Parachute" Spidey now, and the one in the set is different, and I get 6 baddies right off the bat too.  At least they are putting a few more "new" figures in the sets (at least ones like the Spidey set), with a different Green Goblin, Black Cat, Electro, etc.  Hopefully they won't be too tough to find, I never did see the first round of box sets around here last year.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #290 on: May 18, 2004, 10:27 PM »
I didn't really take issue with the X-Men box set.  There are different head sculpts on Wolverine and Magneto, Beast has all of his accessories, Gambit has a different accessory set, and Rogue is all new.  The Urban Legends set bothers me more, since all it was were 3 repaints and the Punisher with different accessories.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #291 on: May 18, 2004, 11:31 PM »
The worst thing about the X-Men set was that Rogue looks like Lauren Bacall.   ???  Glad to see this year's sets are more adventurous.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #292 on: May 20, 2004, 09:08 AM »
Another thing about X-men, I wish that Legends wasn't so X heavy. There are so many more characters outside of the X universe.

I wouldn't mind if it were Spider-Villian heavy though.  ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #293 on: May 22, 2004, 04:28 PM »
Opened Movie Doc Ock last night, great figure...I'd recommend picking it up and I hope they do a similar claw/tentacle feature on the ML Doc...however one drawback is he takes up a ton of room space wise :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #294 on: May 26, 2004, 11:26 AM »
Julius Marx has a new article up with some shots of Spidey Classics 9...I'm thinking I'll be picking up this figure, looks interesting

Check out the rest of the shots including Ultimate Rhino

http://www.aftimes.com/aslu/slu.shtml

I prefer the Wave 2 Rhino over this one, that new Black Spidey is pretty nice too but I think I'll stick with the Wave 1 version

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #295 on: May 26, 2004, 11:56 AM »
Thanks for the link Scott.  

I agree, like earlier versions of Rhino and black spidey better, but as I skipped both, I'll opt for retail on these two.  Better than $20 US after shipping for each on ebay.  

Still need a decent, neutral MJ from the movie too, in 6" scale.   :-\

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #296 on: May 26, 2004, 12:29 PM »
Well I have my Symbiote Spdiey and Rhino Classics already so I will pass on these new ones. I do like the Secret Identity figure. Its pretty cool. I may pick that up if i see it.

Word has it that Marvel Legends 6 is out over in Japan.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #297 on: May 26, 2004, 01:32 PM »
Thanks for the linky Scott.  That Spidey Classics series doesn't look too bad.  I missed out on the black costume Spidey and Rhino the first time, so I hope to pick both of those up.  The secret identity figure is tempting as well, doesn't look too bad.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #298 on: May 26, 2004, 01:37 PM »
This looks amazing!

Should only be a few weeks and they'll start showing up here

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #299 on: May 26, 2004, 01:46 PM »
This looks amazing!

Should only be a few weeks and they'll start showing up here

It's that close to Christmas? :o  Oh wait, I'm still in Canada where ML II is inundating the pegs with non-movers.  Ya know, that was a really crappy release.  Mind you, another Walmart is stuck on ML IV so maybe it'll be out by, oh, September :'(