Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Disney+ Streaming Service

(1/16) > >>

Dave:
Anybody going to pull the trigger on signing up early?  Looks like they've got a deal now where you can sign up for three years at 33% off.  That equates to about $4 a month or $141 for the three years.

I'm still a little torn on the timing for signing up as I'm not sure how much content out of the gate I'm going to care about.  I'm stoked about The Mandalorian, but I'm not sure there is going to be much else on day 1 that catches my interest.

I guess at $4 a month its not really that big of a deal even if its just to watch The Mandalorian until more Star Wars titles come available.  Looks like the new season of Clone Wars is coming February 2020, but the Obi-Wan and Cassian series don't appear likely to hit the streaming service until late 2020 or sometime in 2021.

Matt_Fury:
The only early deal I have seen requires you to be a member of D23...which I am not.  Whenever a pre-order comes up, I'm in.  There's going to be a long list of other content that will be available in addition to Star Wars, so my kids (and I) will like it for that as well.

Dave:

--- Quote from: Matt_Fury on August 30, 2019, 03:23 PM ---The only early deal I have seen requires you to be a member of D23...which I am not.  Whenever a pre-order comes up, I'm in.  There's going to be a long list of other content that will be available in addition to Star Wars, so my kids (and I) will like it for that as well.

--- End quote ---

You can be a "D23 General Member" for free.  I did this and was able to get the deal without buying in to the club @ $100 or more a year.

Matt_Fury:
Awesome!  Thanks!

Jedi Idej:
Even if I lose interest in their originals debuting on the service, Disney has such a massive library. And to be able to download them and watch whenever, wherever...?

If only they'll take my money. Right now my card isn't going through. I haven't been notified by my bank that there's a problem with the card, so maybe a lingering issue from when the D23 site was flooded with people signing up for the offer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version