Community > Watto's Junk Yard

A Festivus, for the rest of us!

(1/20) > >>

Matt:

Many Christmas's ago, Frank Costanza went to buy a doll for his son. He went to reach for it because it was the last one, but so did another man and as Frank rained blows upon him, he thought there could be another way. The doll was destroyed, but out of that, a new holiday was born. It was called Festivus. No, not feminist, festivus. A festivus for the rest-iv-us..........

DECEMBER 23rd

The Holiday Itself...

During the last few weeks in December when Festivus takes place, families and friends get together at the dinner table and have something called "the Airing of Grievances". Durning this time, we share with family and friends all the ways they had disappointed over the past year.

After the Airing of Grievances, we get together right in the same night to do something called "Feats of Strength". This is where the head of the household tests his/her strength with another friend or family member. The great honour is given out to a different person each year. This year, Cosmo Kramer was given the honor but turned it down to George Costanza as he had an appointment.

Now for the pole. No it is not a tree. A pole, no decorations. Frank Costanza believes that tinsel is very distracting so there are no decorations. The pole is tall, silver, hollow, long, skinny, and heavy.

[The text here, I lifted from a similar post I made last year at R-------m (which I lifted from somewhere else before that).  The images, I stole from some other site just now.]

Anyway, Happy Festivus, Everybody!!!

Scott:
Happy Festivus to one and all

sp00ky:
I have a little metal tube in my desk drawer at work.  Not really sure why, its been there since I got the desk.  I think its a section of wire conduit tube, anyway...

In honor of Festivus I stuck some play-doh on the bottom and put it up on my desk.

Sadly no one at work got it.  I laughed, and laughed though.  I wonder why no one comes near my desk now?

Wierd.

Scott ;)

Diddly:
Happy Festivus to everyone! ;D

JediMAC:

--- Quote from: Virex on December 22, 2003, 11:55 PM ---Anyway, Happy Festivus, Everybody!!!

--- End quote ---

Wow, I had no idea!  Indeed, Happy Festivus to all!  I'm just sorry I didn't know about it earlier, or I would've bought metal pole gifts for everyone!  Next year...   :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version