Collectibles > Disney Parks Droid Factory

2018 Droid Factory R4-BOO18 (Halloween Event)

<< < (2/8) > >>

Pete_Fett:
Kind of an interesting design. I like that they're working their way through the R-series with each year's exclusives. I'm guessing that the X-mas droid this year will be an R4 as well. I can't wait to see how they give holiday colors to the R6 through R9 droids.

Phrubruh:
Jim Hill's recent podcast talked about how Disney doesn't have the proper infrastructure to sell park merch over the app. He says it gets completely overwhelmed and needs a lot of back office changes. He says the state of in park merchandise (at least in Florida) is behind the times. They are having a tough time figuring out how many they can sell on line and still have enough for the parks. The parks are suppose to take top priority because they don't want to tell a guest an item is sold out because everyone on the internet bought their supply. Disney hasn't completely rolled out credit card chip readers to the parks yet. You think this would be the Mouse's top priority.

Mikey D:
Holy ****, that thing is hideous.

Can't wait to add it to the collection.

Dave:

--- Quote from: Phrubruh on August  8, 2018, 02:31 PM ---Jim Hill's recent podcast talked about how Disney doesn't have the proper infrastructure to sell park merch over the app. He says it gets completely overwhelmed and needs a lot of back office changes. He says the state of in park merchandise (at least in Florida) is behind the times. They are having a tough time figuring out how many they can sell on line and still have enough for the parks. The parks are suppose to take top priority because they don't want to tell a guest an item is sold out because everyone on the internet bought their supply. Disney hasn't completely rolled out credit card chip readers to the parks yet. You think this would be the Mouse's top priority.

--- End quote ---

This makes me laugh. 

They've got RFID bracelets that they make you wear and track you every bowel movement in the park, yet they can't figure out how to stock and sell toys both in the park and online?

Nicklab:
A candy corn color scheme for an astromech?

"These aren't the droids /  stomach aches you're looking for".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version