Author Topic: Which Older Toyline Would You Like To See Return?  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Which Older Toyline Would You Like To See Return?
« on: March 27, 2020, 03:43 PM »
Although there aren’t a ton of properties still left untouched, is there anything you’d like to see a modern toyline of? We’ve got a number of ongoing properties like Star Wars, Marvel, Transformers, and Turtles.....and other things covered anywhere from Masters of the Universe, Thundercats, the new six inch Joes, all the way down to the recent Zica Toys Sectaurs line.

Of the things that are left untouched, the big two for me would be M.A.S.K. and Silverhawks. I guess Silverhawks was fairly minor in the grand scheme of things, but I was a fan as a kid and would love to see a modern update. It would be great if we could still get some vac metal in there too, but that might be wishful thinking. M.A.S.K. probably has even greater potential with the vehicle aspect. I don’t know whether to stick in the same scale or change. I’d say 6” is out just because of the vehicles being so important. I really love that they did the 3 3/4” Matt Trakker figure in the Joe line years back, and really hoped that would be the start of a spinoff line. I’d be happy to see either or both return.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Which Older Toyline Would You Like To See Return?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 04:09 PM »
I don't know if we consider it "older" since they brought it back for awhile 10-ish years ago, but I really want Indiana Jones to come back.

I'd also have been all over a Star Wars style 3.75" line for Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings, but there doesn't seem to be a market for it...

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 04:23 PM »
I don't know if we consider it "older" since they brought it back for awhile 10-ish years ago, but I really want Indiana Jones to come back.

I'd love to see a 6" Indy line.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 05:05 PM »
If I had the space or the money, I'd love to see M.A.S.K. figures and vehicles back in the mix.  I never had any of the toys as a kid, but watched the show religiously.  A modern, articulated line of these figures would be awesome, and I could even see them building a movie or show around it again.

I picked up the Sectaurs line from Zica and they are all kinds of awesome.  I'd love to see small 3 & 3/4" articulated, well sculpted runs like that of several animated 80's cartoons.  Silverhawks, G-Force, Super Friends, etc.  I know we have had various offerings in the past, but I think a well done, Thundercats would be at the top of my list. 

For 6" stuff, I'd be all in on an Indiana Jones figure, but probably not a whole line.  I'd rather see 1-2 stars from all the big 80's movies in a Black-Series-Like similar format (I'm a big fan of scale and don't really like most McFarlane designs).  I think a 6" Schwarzenegger across all his movies would be sweet too.  How about a 6 figure lineup of Terminator, Dutch, Ben Richards (Running Man), Douglas Quad (Total Recall), Jack Slater (LAH), and Conan?  And a BAF pack-in of John Kimble with his trench coat and shotgun! 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 05:24 PM »
Indiana Jones or Starcom.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 05:28 PM »

I'd love to see a 6" Indy line.

I barely have real estate for 3.75", I don't know where you guys find the space for 6" collecting.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 05:28 PM »
I think a 6" Schwarzenegger across all his movies would be sweet too.  How about a 6 figure lineup of Terminator, Dutch, Ben Richards (Running Man), Douglas Quad (Total Recall), Jack Slater (LAH), and Conan?  And a BAF pack-in of John Kimble with his trench coat and shotgun!

They would have to come with a voice chip that would deliver his famous one-liners!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 06:59 PM »
It would be 3.75" Marvel figures.  Specifically characters from the MCU. 

I'd love to see a full lineup from Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2, Avengers Infinity War and Endgame, Ant Man & The Wasp, Thor Ragnarok - who wouldn't want a giant Surtur, or a Hulk that one eyed Thor could call a moron?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 10:47 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 09:16 PM »
I would kill for a redo of the 70s Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers tv series in 3.75".

How about decently articulated superheroes -- again, 3.75" -- pulled from the shows of yesteryear? This would include the likes of The Incredible Hulk (Bill Bixby, Lou Ferrigno); Isis (Joanna Cameron);  Shazam! (John Davey); Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter, Cathy Lee Crosby); Batman (Adam West, Burt Ward); Superman (Christopher Reeve, George Reeves); Greatest American Hero (William Katt). Let's throw in Lee Majors and Lindsay Wagner from their Bionic series.

And a smorgasbord of characters featured in Ray Harryhausen movies including a revisit of Clash of the Titans.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 12:50 PM »
I think a 6" Schwarzenegger across all his movies would be sweet too.  How about a 6 figure lineup of Terminator, Dutch, Ben Richards (Running Man), Douglas Quad (Total Recall), Jack Slater (LAH), and Conan?  And a BAF pack-in of John Kimble with his trench coat and shotgun!

They would have to come with a voice chip that would deliver his famous one-liners!

YES!  Take my money.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 09:31 PM »

I picked up the Sectaurs line from Zica and they are all kinds of awesome.  I'd love to see small 3 & 3/4" articulated, well sculpted runs like that of several animated 80's cartoons.  Silverhawks, G-Force, Super Friends, etc.  I know we have had various offerings in the past, but I think a well done, Thundercats would be at the top of my list. 

Honestly, the Zica Sectaurs is what got me thinking oh this topic in the first place. I didn’t have any of the vintage toys, but was at least aware of the cartoon/property. I love all those ‘80s lines, so decided to toss a Dargon in my Pile Of Loot order at BBTS to give it a try. When I got it, I was amazed. Such a great toy, and I instantly ordered Spydrax as well.

Love all the ideas here. I’d be so in for a six inch scale Indiana Jones figure as well. I’d take a whole line, but know Indy’s history at retail, I’d be happy with a nice, photo real Raiders version of Dr. Jones. I like the ‘80s icons line idea. I know it is impossible with different rights holders and licensees, but I’d love to see a line with Indy, Daniel LaRusso, Marty McFly, Rambo, Sloth from Goonies...etc.

A friend of mine and I have talked before about a “Hanna Barbera Legends” type line. Probably something only we would be interested, but having a lineup with Scooby Doo, Fred Flintstone, Yogi Bear, Captain Caveman, Josie, Blue Falcon, and a build a figure Grape Ape or Jabberjaw :D. You could basically plug any character in those slots, just some examples