Author Topic: Retail Prices/Sales/Discounts  (Read 34241 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Retail Prices/Sales/Discounts
« Reply #15 on: February 1, 2017, 11:27 PM »
Keep seeing stuff get cut at Wally World...  Saw the larger ships down some today, but not enough for me to bite.

I'm working on one of the A-Wings I got for $7.  I think I can make a pretty slick believable version of the pre-AWing with it.  It actually is oddly scaled depending how you view scale...  Being animated and all I figure that has some leeway to it, but the ship is pretty tiny.  The A-Wings in ROTJ though, there's 2 distinctly different scales.  One tiny, one fairly sizable by comparison, so I figure this could be a much weaker cousin of the ROTJ era A-Wing ultimately.  The Alliance maybe just decided the idea was sound, the ship just needed more umph and size to bump survivability.  This though, it looks like TIE bait and I kinda like that since Rebels makes it out that these things are getting lit up like firecrackers by basic TIEs of the era (the "small wing" model TIE Fighter that's common in the show, for whatever reason).

The ship in Rebels appears at different sizes/scales too for some reason.  Go figure.

The ultimately devious Hasbro design for this ship though, for those wanting to make it better, is they glued the nose together at the tip.  Just completely made it a chore to "fix"...  not that it wasn't a project anyway, but yeah, that inability to take it completely apart is a big hurdle now.  Easily broken by my eye.

But I'm cutting the NERF out anyway, and creating a cover there, so it's already a chunk of work.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 3, 2017, 08:43 PM »
GameStop is already putting the ROGUE ONE vehicles on clearance.  I saw both the TIE Striker and the U-Wing on clearance for $24.97 this afternoon.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2017, 08:43 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: February 9, 2017, 09:54 AM »
Promo Code LOVE2017 gets you 10% off at HasbroToyShop through 2/15.

Legal stuff:
Free standard shipping on most orders over $49, on most products currently for sale on HasbroToyShop.com. Discount applies to pre-tax and pre-shipping amount. Offer excludes purchases of HasbroToyShop.com exclusives. Other exclusions may apply. No rain checks. Not valid on previous orders. Offer valid in continental U.S. only. Subject to terms and conditions of use and HasbroToyShop.com policies.

10% off prices marked on most products currently for sale on HasbroToyShop.com through February 15, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET. with promo code LOVE2017. Interim markdowns may have been taken. Discount applies too pre-tax and pre-shipping amount. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Excludes HasbroToyShop.com exclusives and gift cards. Valid while supplies last. No rain checks. Not valid on previous orders. Offer valid in continental U.S. only. Subject to terms and conditions of use and HasbroToyShop.com policies.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2017, 01:06 AM »
SPRING17 at HTS for 15% off, if anyone needs to pick anything up.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2017, 07:59 PM »
Armor Up figures  hit $5 at Meijer...only one left at the store I went to was the TIE Pilot. One was marked $4.49. I didn't scan them.

Online Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 3, 2017, 10:56 AM »
Saw some U-Wings at Walmart marked down to $19 and change over the weekend. Those remote control R2's were also marked down to $60-something
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: April 3, 2017, 01:28 PM »
Both the U-Wing and TIE Striker are $19.87 at Wally here in Iowa.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 4, 2017, 10:16 AM »
Well, those aisle shippers were sent to just a few stores and not any near me.  I've been checking 4-6 different stores almost everyday and today the 2 nearest me didn't have any sign of the displays.  So it's selective.

Online Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 4, 2017, 03:16 PM »
I'm working from home this week and did a brief toy run on my lunch break to pick up Rogue One. Target put nothing out except for the 6 inch AT-ACT pilot. No Jedha battle packs, no new figures, no nothing. Same old picked over shelves they've had since November. TRU was even worse, having gutted their collection of Finn figures and pushing single figures to the front of the pegs to make the empty shelves look full.

Looks like we're done until Force Friday.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 4, 2017, 07:10 PM »
one of the Targets I went had a huge display (not that little black shipper) with all the DVDs and blu-rays and some of the Jedha packs, but nothing else new of note.

I did pick up a few AT-ACT Drivers at a different Target to take advantage of that $25 off deal.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #25 on: April 4, 2017, 09:57 PM »
Not a real complainer but today was a bust on the SW front. Seems like it was for most people. I know some folks are finding 40th Vader's and such but here there are no 5 POA new waves, 6 inch, maybe one or two AT-ACT Drivers. A couple Jedha Revolt sets at one Target. This is a very whimpering way to support the home video release of the biggest film of 2016.  ???

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: April 6, 2017, 10:17 AM »
Get 20% off and free shipping on most Star Wars products at Hasbro Toy Shop with promo code ROGUEONE17.

Legal stuff:
20% off prices marked and free shipping on most Star Wars products currently for sale on HasbroToyShop.com through April 12, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET. with promo code ROGUEONE17. Interim markdowns may have been taken. Discount applies too pre-tax and pre-shipping amount. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Excludes HasbroToyShop.com exclusives and gift cards. Valid while supplies last. No rain checks. Not valid on previous orders. Subject to terms and conditions of use and HasbroToyShop.com policies. ©2017 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 8, 2017, 11:51 AM »
$3 and change Rogue One figs and $2 and change Force Awakens figs at Kohls

Though very picked over
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 4, 2017, 05:48 AM »
MAY THE 4th BE WITH YOU...and your wallet!

ROGUE ONE AT-ACT - $49.99
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: May 4, 2017, 09:54 AM »
Today and tomorrow, you can get 15% off and free standard shipping on Star Wars at HasbroToyShop with promo code STARWARS40TH.

Legal Stuff:
15% off prices marked and free standard shipping on most Star Wars items currently for sale on HasbroToyShop.com through May 5, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET. with promo code STARWARS40TH. Interim markdowns may have been taken. Discount applies too pre-tax and pre-shipping amount. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Excludes HasbroToyShop.com exclusives and gift cards. Valid while supplies last. No rain checks. Not valid on previous orders. Subject to terms and conditions of use and HasbroToyShop.com policies. ©2017 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
Please note when using a promotion that requires entering a promo code you cannot combine promo codes.