Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration III: Indianapolis  (Read 118962 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Celebration 3
« Reply #465 on: April 5, 2005, 09:44 PM »
From what I recall of the resturant list, there's a Dinner and movie place, and Ibet they will be showing some Star Wars? I'd be game for a group thing there.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #466 on: April 5, 2005, 10:19 PM »
Well, I thought that some other said pool and/or bowling which they have at Jillians- which is attached to the Omni...
The con is showing all the movies- and consider if we go to a dinner/movie place- we'll probably be talking too much and disturbing everyone else- you know how those of us at JD are- we can't keep our mouths shut!...
Oh, just went to the website- it looks like over 21 only- so we'll see what else we can find, Kevin...

Matt, well, wherever for dinner... just trying to find a place for afterwards where we can hang out...
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 5, 2005, 10:32 PM »
Hey Colman, ya *****...
Are you two still working on arranging your date by the flagpole, or whatever it was, at C3?  If so, please hammer that out publicly in the regular C3 thread, so the rest of us will know when and where to go to watch the JD Smack Down too.  Thanks!   

Kev, I'll do my best to get you a thoroughly inebbriated Brent.  Then, maybe we could all slap him around a bit, when you're through with him!

You inspired by RS or what? >:(  Ya post this dreck and then lock a thread?

Sleep with one eye open, my friend. :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #468 on: April 5, 2005, 10:40 PM »
That thread was about young Kevin's PM inbox being full.  I believe that issue got resolved, no?

So yes, continue the battle plans over here for all of us to enjoy, and stop being such a pain in the ass, you crotchedy old man!  :-*

- Mateo

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 5, 2005, 10:47 PM »
Crusty.  Sheesh, get it right.  And pain is something I fully intend to be to you.   :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 5, 2005, 11:03 PM »
Something tells me that buying a video camera for this event in Indy would be a very wise investment...

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 5, 2005, 11:09 PM »
I just check my email and found one from GenCOn.  THey had an incompelet mailing address.  I like that fact they email me to inform me.  Hopefully my pass will be here in a few days.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 5, 2005, 11:21 PM »
Well I may have a lead on a cheap(er) C3 pass ($95) so keep your fingers crossed for me.  Be better than buying one at the event.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 6, 2005, 08:35 AM »
Something tells me that buying a video camera for this event in Indy would be a very wise investment...

I will probably bring a video camera.  But then again I will also bring my digital camera and something for the "celebrities" to sign.  I have a feeling I will look like a damn tourist at this event. 

Ohhhh, you mean to record potentially embarrassing behavior. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #474 on: April 6, 2005, 02:57 PM »
Brian, you're only going to be there Friday, right?  Will you be able to hang out Friday evening with the gang here, or are you guys bolting right after the convention?  Hopefully you'll have time to swing by and grab a bite with your JD compadres before you take off.  If not, we should at least try to hook up and say "hey" somewhere in the convention during the day...

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 6, 2005, 03:23 PM »
My passes finally came in the mail yesterday, and they screwed up and didn't send me a fan club lanyard. They even went so far as to take my invoice (where Fan Club - Yes) was printed, cross out the Yes, and handwrite a 'No' over it.

Pissed! Emails have been sent...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 6, 2005, 03:32 PM »
Yeah Matt.  I originally was gonna go by myself on Saturday.  Then I ran into a fellow collector on 4/2 who is going on Friday with a couple guys.  I would rather go with them than myself.  I have to call him to see what their plans are as they are the ones driving me there.   

Yeah, it would be nice to meet someplace as I don't know what they will want to do later.  Although if it is Hooters they may just want to go over there :)  Dan is single anyway so I am sure he and I could talk the other 2 into going but I dont' know? 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #477 on: April 6, 2005, 03:34 PM »
My passes finally came in the mail yesterday, and they screwed up and didn't send me a fan club lanyard. They even went so far as to take my invoice (where Fan Club - Yes) was printed, cross out the Yes, and handwrite a 'No' over it.

Pissed! Emails have been sent...

That means you failed the "Fan Club Check" they did.  I heard they were 100% checking all orders against the FC membership list at LFL, but I thought it would boil down to an honor system tactic (ie you put down FC yes, they give you a lanyard without checking) because I thought there was no way they'd waste the time doing it. 

I guess they actually did do the 100% check though, because yours is the third time I've heard of them rejecting someone who put YES and hand-changing it to NO.

For the first guy I heard about, well he thought he could say yes and no one would notice.  Wrong.

The second guy said that GenCon said they couldn't prove he was a Fan Club member, so they denied him.  He is under the FC with his first name, but uses his middle name as his everyday name.  

Despite the address match between the two names, they gave him a hard time about it, thinking he was trying to use a family member's membership to cheat.  He had to fax a copy of his DL to prove he was the same guy.   ::)

So, have your Fan Club mailing address and Hyperspace info handy and ready to go when they e-mail you back with a "we can't find record of your Fan Club membership" garbage...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 6, 2005, 03:40 PM »
I ordered mine last night and have to pick it up at "Will Call".  I am a bit nervous.  They better have them there.  They finally gave me my Hyperspace access code 2 months later after 2 phone calls and 3 emails.  Sigh.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 6, 2005, 05:10 PM »
Still no response from Gen-con on the hubby's badge.  I am beyond pissed off right now.  They are ruining this whole thing because Jay is going to be ticked off if I am forced to buy him another pass while I fight with Gen-con.  I wish I could actually talk to a live human being, this is frickin' ridiculous!!

Just got a response to the bitchy email I just sent (since the polite ones didn't seem to be working): 

You re in a queue of 526 other emails I need to answer.  I'll get to it as soon as I can - thanks.

Lindsay Ohman

Registration & Customer Service Manager

Sales & Marketing Coordinator

Technical Services, Webmaster

Gen Con LLC

NO, thank YOU Lindsey, maybe before I leave next weekend, we'll have an answer.  :-X :P
« Last Edit: April 6, 2005, 05:53 PM by jadesfire »
Beth