Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414093 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Legends
« Reply #3510 on: July 13, 2015, 07:55 PM »
Really like the new Legends stuff shown this weekend again.  I've pretty much gotten to the point where I'm all in with this line anymore, at least over the past couple years, and hope to continue that from here on out.  Hasbro had a rocky start with the Legends stuff, but it really seems like they are knocking it out of the park on the newer waves.  The new Spidey wave looks great, plus the other peeks that were shown like Mockingbird, Namor, Taskmaster, etc.  And hey, we actually know what's coming out in this line ;).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: July 13, 2015, 11:41 PM »
Agreed.  I've mainly just been getting the Avengers figures, but the line has gotten good enough to draw me into buying some of the Spiderman figures, Daredevil, Guardians, etc.  I have a custom old school Mockingbird that I still like better, but glad to see they are getting to characters like her and Hellcat.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: July 21, 2015, 02:45 PM »
I was snapping a few shots of my vintage SW collection this morning, so grabbed a couple from my Marvel display as well.  Try to look past the poor quality - these are just some quick phone-camera shots. 

My center display has Avengers and friends past and present.  I'll have to try this one again as you can't see a lot of the characters in the back like the Young Avengers team.

This one is my version of Marvel vs. DC with the Avengers going up against the Justice League/Super Friends.  I tried to match a counterpart for each figure and was surprised to find how much overlap there is in terms of the figure concepts/powers.  Obviously the personalities are radically different, but think about some of these matchups.  I know they're not all perfect, but still a cool comparison I think.

Namor vs. Aquaman
Giant Man vs. Apache Chief
Ms. Marvel vs. Starfire
Ant Man vs. Atom
Quicksilver vs. Flash
Hawkeye vs. Green Arrow
Scarlet Witch vs. Raven
Huntress vs. Black Widow
Thor/Storm vs. Superman/Supergirl
Batman vs. Captain America
Iron Man vs. Green Lantern
Wonderman vs. Black Lightning
Black Knight vs. Samurai
Hawkman vs. Black Panther

The last one I'll show today is the Marvel Movie Universe.  I have the Avengers on one side, Guardians on the other.  Ant-Man's already in the mix along with War Machine.  I was going to skip the TRU exclusive 3-pack, but once I made this display I wanted to add in Fury, Coulson, and Hill.  I beefed up my Guardians with some of the figures from the comic (Nova, Ms. Marvel, Angela, etc.).  I'll probably swap those guys out as the Movie Universe figures build.  Hoping they come out with a Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Vision, and Netflix Daredevil to add to the lineup soon.

From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pongoo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Opener
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: July 22, 2015, 10:11 AM »
That's a fine collection sir! Has anyone been finding the new Spiderman (Rhino wave) yet? Toys R Us has them online but haven't seen them in stores yet...
-Francis

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: July 22, 2015, 01:27 PM »
Thanks!  I am seeing the Ant-Man wave all over, but no new Spidey yet.  There's no one in that wave that I'm interested in buying.

Offline Pongoo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Opener
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: July 22, 2015, 02:06 PM »
Thanks!  I am seeing the Ant-Man wave all over, but no new Spidey yet.  There's no one in that wave that I'm interested in buying.

Noted.  ;)
-Francis

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: July 22, 2015, 10:17 PM »
I've been trying to avoid getting back into Marvel Legends.  But this MCU Avengers - Age of Ultron multipack looks pretty cool.  And I'm glad to see them finally recognizing Banner, too.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 10:19 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: July 23, 2015, 08:00 AM »
I want to want that set, but the figure expressions are all so bland and bored.  This would be a great set for an Avengers Attend 3-Hour Financial Planning Workshop display. 

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3518 on: July 23, 2015, 10:00 AM »
Don't forget to vote in the 2015 Fans' Choice Poll

"The fans at San Diego Comic-Con have spoken. Sixteen Marvel Heroes were up to become the new Marvel Legends figure, but now only four remain! The champions are Darkhawk, Angela, Symbiote Spider-Man and Mysterio and now it is up to you to vote for your favorite and choose who becomes Hasbro’s next Marvel Legend!

The decision is in your hands. And to sweeten the deal, you could win a Hasbro SDCC 2015 Exclusive Ant-Man Figure Set signed by Stan Lee! See rules below."
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3519 on: July 23, 2015, 07:26 PM »
I would want them all but I went with Angela.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: July 24, 2015, 12:16 AM »
I would want them all but I went with Angela.

Out of that lot, I will only buy Angela.  Voted.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: July 24, 2015, 05:50 PM »
I got the EE Guardians pack and the next wave of Spidey Legends (Rhino) this week.  To me, this line is continuing to be great this year.  It has been much more difficult to keep up with so many waves in the past few months, but at the same time I'm not complaining.  Cool to get the Guardians in comic form, as well as characters like Misty Knight, Chameleon (with the alternate heads), a new Kraven, etc.  Haven't gotten the Hulkbuster wave yet, but I think aside from exclusive packs, that should be it for the year?  I wasn't sure, but I think the Absorbing Man and Red Onslaught waves were coming in 2016, according to Comic Con, which I guess could mean the end of the year too.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: August 2, 2015, 08:33 PM »
New Walgreen Exclusive Black Ant revealed -

I saw a bunch of these this weekend while out looking for the exclusive Walking Dead figure(s). Looked cool.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: September 17, 2015, 04:43 PM »
Finally starting to see the new Spider-Man Legends wave. I saw everything at TRU yesterday except for Chameleon and Kraven. I'll probably wind up getting a case from EE or something.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3524 on: October 20, 2015, 08:40 PM »