Author Topic: Jeff For Fan Club President!  (Read 127262 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Jeff For Fan Club President!
« Reply #510 on: July 13, 2006, 06:57 PM »
I stopped at an athletic lettering place today on the way home from work and they are printing a shirt for me, which they assure me will be ready by Tuesday.

On the front it will read: I voted for Willrow Hood...

& on the back: ...and USCwannabe

Well, you're not going to get your pic on SW.com's SDCC coverage now are you?  ;)

I actually did a couple years ago!  No idea where that shot is now, but Bill Cable would know, since I was wearing a shirt he and Isaac designed (which is what they were taking the picture of).

As for Roger's shirt, it'll still get plenty of exposure in our's and GH's coverage, so that should be just as good...  8)

Hopefully we can get a pretty decent protest organized down at SDCC, to let IDG know that what they've done is wrong - whether it was allowing Phillip to somehow get the results reversed, or whether it's just IDG not explaining whatsoever how said "unofficial results" were so far out of whack, and why it took so long to figure things out.  Regardless, Phillip and Dustin should have nothing to with the Presidency, as they don't represent "the people" one bit.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 08:27 PM by JediMAC »

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 13, 2006, 09:07 PM »
So is anyone going to Comic Con wearing USC clothes. 
I stopped at an athletic lettering place today on the way home from work and they are printing a shirt for me, which they assure me will be ready by Tuesday.

On the front it will read: I voted for Willrow Hood...

& on the back: ...and USCwannabe

Well, you're not going to get your pic on SW.com's SDCC coverage now are you?
 ;)

Yeah, it's a shame the hyperspace webcam won't be set up this year.  :)

I'm planning to wear the shirt on Friday.  And btw, I did vote for W.H., but *shhhhh* I refused to vote in that farcical FC President thing.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 09:09 PM by mousedroid »

Offline ddschneider1972

• Youngling
  • Go Bucks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 13, 2006, 09:35 PM »
Today I recieved a newsletter from Cloud City Collectibles with a huge RS ad at the bottom....I unsubscribed and sent the following comment to their sales department:

Due to the recent actions of a webmaster of a site you support, I have unsubscribed from your newsletter. I will not  give any business or potential business to sites that advertises and supports Rebelscum.com, where recently  real Star Wars fans were ridiculed and denigrated by it's webmaster and host, who then censored and erased his own posts...

I urge everyone to do the same...to any site that supports that site and it's greedy webmaster-bater....
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 09:37 PM by darth_schneider »
"Modern Collectors are just Walmart Shoppers" -The new SW "Fan Club" President

They are right, everything is big in Texas, even the defeats...The Buckeyes are (still) #1!!!!!!!!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 13, 2006, 10:38 PM »
You probably had their attention until the webmaster-bater part.

A clever pun no doubt, but not something that's going to get you taken seriously.

This whole thing is amazing... but given the way that Phillip has spoken to members when he's been under the microscope in the past, it's not at all suprising that he would blow up like that and then erase it all when the repremand didn't have its intended effect.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #514 on: July 13, 2006, 10:39 PM »
THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY NEEDS TO BE RESTORED AND REMASTERED.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 10:42 PM by Matthew »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 13, 2006, 11:21 PM »
Stay on topic...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #516 on: July 14, 2006, 12:04 AM »
Hopefully we can get a pretty decent protest organized down at SDCC, to let IDG know that what they've done is wrong - whether it was allowing Phillip to somehow get the results reversed, or whether it's just IDG not explaining whatsoever how said "unofficial results" were so far out of whack, and why it took so long to figure things out.  Regardless, Phillip and Dustin should have nothing to with the Presidency, as they don't represent "the people" one b

So, I had asked this in the RS thread that got deleted, but I was curious if any of the folks who are up in arms about Dustin winning are actually going to the Star Wars panel to stand up and say so when they announce him.  T-shirts and organized protest?  Man...I wish I was going, if only for this panel.  If you guys actually react when he walks out, that's going to be a sight to see.

Personally, I still don't think this is nearly as big a deal as people are making it out to be, and if anyone's to blame for a "conspiracy", it's Starwars.com, not Dustin or Philip.  Ultimately, they chose the guy.

That being said, I still hope you set your digital cameras to record video so that we can all see what goes down. I'm sure it'll be a lot more exciting than the announcements about the newest tweak to the holy trilogy.  ;D

Got Clones?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #517 on: July 14, 2006, 12:14 AM »
All I ask, is please, no lameass rhyming chants.

I'm typing up a somewhat lengthy rant about this entire event, so stay tuned for that... *sigh*... I think I may wait until after a few things occur, before I say too much.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 14, 2006, 12:16 AM »
What day is he gonna be at SDCC?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 14, 2006, 12:17 AM »

Personally, I still don't think this is nearly as big a deal as people are making it out to be, and if anyone's to blame for a "conspiracy", it's Starwars.com, not Dustin or Philip.  Ultimately, they chose the guy.

With how much influence and innuendo peddled by the RS presidential camp?  Where'd the rumors about USC come from?  Smear campaign or truth?  All that bitching prior to the contest deadline about everything and suddenly the "good guys" win?  

Riiiiiiiiight.  Got any bridges to sell Josh?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #520 on: July 14, 2006, 01:37 AM »
With how much influence and innuendo peddled by the RS presidential camp?

I never said Philip didn't help Dustin get elected.  Rebelscum pimped Dustin every day like a 2 dollar hooker.   I guess the big difference between me and the people complaining is I don't see how that's a crime.  The site he's worked at for years backed his campaign.  No big shocker there.

Where'd the rumors about USC come from?  Smear campaign or truth?

As far as I saw, they came from people on various Star Wars forums who simply posted links directly to things USC wrote (and that he later admitted he wrote on those radio interviews).   No conspiracy there, but I know when I read that stuff....I didn't particularly care much for the guy.   I wondered after listening to him how he got so many people to vote for him.  The only 2 explanations that seemed reasonable were he was buying votes himself, or people who were sick of the Dustin campaign were throwing votes his way.

All that bitching prior to the contest deadline about everything and suddenly the "good guys" win? 

The fact that Philip and Dave bitched about Dustin not being ahead seemed like a brief bit of honesty from those guys.  I've rarely seen the staff over there (save a few moderators) speak their minds blatantly like that, so when they bitched about Dustin being behind, I thought it was funny.  Then again.....I also thought at that point it was lame, because they were preaching "this is all for fun" in one sentence and "This is crap" with the next.

Again...that's not conspiracy, that's just a few guys being up front about how they're pissed they're not winning.  Scroll page to the first few pages of this thread.  Lots of honesty there too.  ;D

Riiiiiiiiight.  Got any bridges to sell Josh?

I don't see how I'm trying to sell anything.  I'm simply saying I don't buy into the whole "Philip is the mastermind behind this whole thing" theory.   If he somehow bent the will of StarWars.com and got them to reverse some public and obvious "election" results, then that guy has clout like I never knew about.

However, the whole "occams razor" thing says the easiest solution is probably the solution.  I'd wager StarWarsShop DQ'd the other guy because of something he said, or something he did.

I'd love to know what that was.

But for the record, yes....if Dustin and Philip somehow blackmailed StarWars.com and Lucasfilm into reversing an election, and somehow that gets discovered.....I will join everyone in being completely floored.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 01:39 AM by JoshEEE »
Got Clones?

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #521 on: July 14, 2006, 02:27 AM »
It's not blackmail, it's his business and he will run it how he wants and for all it is worth. He doesn't care what people think or what is moral. Money is clout.

I still don't see how people can find it within themselves to defend that site knowing all the bull**** that goes on there. It is one big slap in the face.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 14, 2006, 02:46 AM »
What day is he gonna be at SDCC?

Should be friday.
I remember my dream now.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 14, 2006, 07:38 AM »
I myself have never found any of these supposed statements made by USC, just Dustin's crew saying that he said them on myspace, etc.  The only thing I can find is his blog on starwars.com.

Philip Wise is just making himself look bad with his on comments.  Technically, Dustin violated the rules with all his affiliations and the fact he has worked for officialpix.  It doesn't appear that USC had any vote for me links that got someone $2 a pop.  I think all the DLR people just don't want to believe that someone could actually beat him.  I was rooting for USC (actually rooting for Jeff first, but unfortunately that was a lost cause) solely based on the fact that I couldn't stand seeing DLR on every single SW site known to man...it just got way too annoying.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 14, 2006, 09:44 AM »
I never said Philip didn't help Dustin get elected.  Rebelscum pimped Dustin every day like a 2 dollar hooker.   I guess the big difference between me and the people complaining is I don't see how that's a crime.  The site he's worked at for years backed his campaign.  No big shocker there.

In the national political arena the little guy has no chance, and I consider that somewhat of a crime... only the well connected have any prayer of getting into the race - to represent the people who aren't well connected, whether they're the best for the job or not.

This was a great example, even if it was a microcosm) of that.