Author Topic: Solo (SPOILERS)  (Read 166532 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Solo (SPOILERS)
« Reply #45 on: May 6, 2016, 08:11 AM »
It may now be official.  Check out this Nerdist article .  They're citing sources that indicate that an actor has officially been cast to play the young Han Solo in the upcoming anthology film, and the lead will in fact be Alden Ehrenreich.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2016, 11:51 AM »
Check out some highlights from the Future Filmmakers panel at SWCE regarding the Han Solo anthology film with directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord.  And they also bring out the officially announced lead in the project, actor Alden Ehrenreich.

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2016, 01:28 PM »
Apparently the Han spinoffs are now set to be a trilogy
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2016, 09:22 PM »
Interesting read.  It doesn't sound like it's set in stone at the moment, but an interesting prospect.

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2016, 10:39 PM »
I'm ok with that I guess?  I mean, hey, I'm ok with any of this crap for the most part...  I feel like I'm on an EU roller coaster ride at this point.  And I fully expect some downs to the ups on that ride.

So hey, whatever.

I want an all Bossk movie though.  They should do that.  "Bossk & Friends" or something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2016, 12:32 AM »
This is what I was afraid of with the anthology movies.  They're going to get stuck on main characters and not tell stories in the wider Star Wars Universe.  I'd rather see something akin to the Seven Samurai or 47 Ronin only told with Jedi!  Get away from the saga's main characters and make the universe bigger!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2016, 12:58 AM »
I have to look at the whole "3 picture deal" thing with a degree of skepticism.  I mean, isn't it pretty standard at this point for studios to sign talent to multi-picture deals in the event that one is a tremendous success?  That way they secure the actors... just in case.  Lots of the actors involved in the Marvel cinematic universe were signed to multi-picture contracts.  I think that the executives at Disney probably pushed for these sort of contracts since the MCU now has some 11 films under it's umbrella, and they seem to have similar plans for the Star Wars universe.

As for this being a trilogy?  I think that might be wishful thinking on the part of the writer.  But what about other projects?  I could see Han Solo being worked into a Boba Fett film if that project makes it's way out of development.

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2016, 09:40 AM »
isn't it pretty standard at this point for studios to sign talent to multi-picture deals in the event that one is a tremendous success?

Pretty much.  I'm in agreement with Nick - I see this as Disney playing it safe in case a Han movie does $800mil or something crazy and they want to do more.

And yeah, I could see Han movie leading to a Boba Fett movie or even a Jabba movie or a Lando movie - lots of other characters could cross his path.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2016, 10:23 AM »
isn't it pretty standard at this point for studios to sign talent to multi-picture deals in the event that one is a tremendous success?

Pretty much.  I'm in agreement with Nick - I see this as Disney playing it safe in case a Han movie does $800mil or something crazy and they want to do more.

And yeah, I could see Han movie leading to a Boba Fett movie or even a Jabba movie or a Lando movie - lots of other characters could cross his path.

Agreed.  Lots of room for crossovers or other characters with this.  Its just smart to have options.  Look at what they're doing with the Marvel movies.  There were more Superheroes in Captain America III than any of the Avengers flicks.  They could do all kinds of stuff with a younger Han.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2016, 11:45 AM »
My "they are going to remake A New Hope" theory is back on.   :P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2016, 11:35 AM »
My "they are going to remake A New Hope" theory is back on.   :P
I thought they already did that with TFA?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2016, 11:12 AM »
Rumors are circulating around the Han Solo movie.  Notably, that a young version of an old smoothy might be joining the cast of the second Anthology film/Star Wars story.  One actor who's name is popping up for the role is Donald Glover.  I wonder if the lore of a card game where the Millennium Falcon was among the stakes will be explored?

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2016, 11:37 AM »
I'm getting less and less excited the more that I hear.  While I think a young Lando/Han/Chewie adventure could be fun, I don't have any desire to see Han win the Falcon from Lando.  We know it happened...don't need film time dedicated to it.

I am much more interested in the anthology movies being far removed from the saga storyline.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 10:28 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2016, 12:17 PM »
One actor who's name is popping up for the role is Donald Glover. 

Donald Glover would be perfect.  Here's a random picture of him on the street for reference.

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2016, 12:22 PM »
One actor who's name is popping up for the role is Donald Glover. 

Donald Glover would be perfect.  Here's a random picture of him on the street for reference.

Well, look what we have here!

Feedback