Author Topic: Star Wars Episode IX (SPOILER-FREE)  (Read 30176 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars Episode IX (SPOILER-FREE)
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2019, 09:43 AM »
It's new Star Wars movie day!   ;D

So excited to go see this film tonight.  Have tried to avoid all the recent TV spots and 'preview scene' things.  Have avoided the paper/online reviews - even been off twitter the past few days trying to avoid the idiots who love spoiling.

Emotions are mixed.  Hoping for a great movie. Kind of sad to think this is it for the Skywalker saga (except for all the new books, comics, etc that will continue the story of Darth Vader, Anakin, Luke, etc of course :P).

Just can't wait!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2019, 10:03 AM »
Same here Jeff!  Plenty of YouTubers are putting spoilers in their titles at this point.  I'm getting sick of this!

I have tickets to the 11pm show....I'm thinking of taking my Savi's Lightsaber with me.   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2019, 10:17 AM »
Can't wait...my oldest son and I have a tradition now of going out to dinner and seeing the first showing at 6pm. In 2015 after TFA we were talking about the fact that he would be 10 when Episode IX came out...he couldn't even conceive of it back then. I wish my younger son (and their mom!) could come as well, but with his autism he does not do well in theaters (much less sold-out ones) so we do what we can.

It's going to be a fun night!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2019, 01:55 PM »
I'm stoked too.  So far I've been able to avoid spoilers.

My kids are all fired up.  My twins turn 10 today so we're doing a quick birthday celebration (with home made C-3PO cake) and then off to the theater.  They love seeing the new movies what they consider a day early since all the press says tomorrow is the release day.  They think that I have magic powers that can get tickets early.  I tried to tell my daughter that Dad is just an uber-geek that knows when to get tickets, but she wasn't buying and still thinks I've got some secret connection.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2019, 03:24 PM »
I'm stoked too.  So far I've been able to avoid spoilers.

They love seeing the new movies what they consider a day early since all the press says tomorrow is the release day.  They think that I have magic powers that can get tickets early.  I tried to tell my daughter that Dad is just an uber-geek that knows when to get tickets, but she wasn't buying and still thinks I've got some secret connection.

;D Same here. Every time a commercial says "In theaters December 20th," my son replies: "Except for us!"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2019, 04:46 PM »
8:15 showing for me. I...wish now I had avoided reading some stuff in the last 2 days but oh well. Should be a great feast for the eyes no matter what.
A character痴 face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2019, 05:15 PM »
7pm showing for us. Like Jeff I have a mixed bag of emotions. Excited to see the film - but sad because the saga is ending. Mostly I知 sad because I was really looking forward to what was supposed to be a Leia-centric story. I値l probably cry at some point. I知 such a girl.......
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2019, 09:31 PM »
I just got back from the 5:00 show and the latest installment is light years better than Episode 8.  A little too fast paced for my liking, but I liked the story and where they took the characters.  Has Disney proclaimed that this is the last movie?  The ending is certainly left open for more storytelling among a variety of characters...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2019, 10:50 PM »
I just got back from my showing, and I'm just the opposite... I loved Last Jedi, not really digging Rise. I liked a lot of stuff, but I also disliked some stuff... initial reaction I'd say thumbs in the middle pointing down.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2019, 11:24 PM »
Two big thumbs up for me...loved it

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2019, 11:38 PM »
Whew, lots to process there, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Nothing felt too forced or contrived as far as the humor or fan service type stuff.

I look forward to watching it again soon!
A character痴 face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2019, 01:20 PM »
7pm showing for us. Like Jeff I have a mixed bag of emotions. Excited to see the film - but sad because the saga is ending. Mostly I知 sad because I was really looking forward to what was supposed to be a Leia-centric story. I値l probably cry at some point. I知 such a girl.......

Do you still feel that way? They seemed to do a lot with Leia without her real presence on the stage.
Macklunkey!