Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

Target 2023 TVC Boba Fett Repaints - Kenner, Marvel, Dark Horse

(1/15) > >>

Jeff:
*sigh* Another Boba Fett at an unfair MSRP.  #bobafetttax

Morak Boba Fett with some new parts for $20.99 was harsh, but another repaint of this Fett sculpt for $21 is just dicking collectors over because you can.

2021 VC186 Fett (ROTJ) = $12.99
2022 VC186 Fett repaint in Droids colors= $15.99 @ Target
2023 VC186 Fett repaint in Kenner colors = $20.99 @ Target ?!?

Do better Hasbro and Target.  >:( [/end rant.]

Available for pre-order Wednesday,  11/9 at 1pm ET exclusively at Target. UPDATE: 11/16 at 1pm ET exclusively at Target. 

It does look really nice... but $21 for yet another repaint of this sculpt?   ::)

Rob:
For the first time in 27 years of collecting, I am starting to truly loathe what Hasbro is doing with the hobby.

Nicklab:
This might be where I get off this train.  This is a simplified version of the 2021 figure - simpler paint apps and no soft goods cloak.  That 2021 figure was $13.99.  How the **** does Hasbro justify selling this for $21?!?!?  A 50% price increase?!?!?!  This sort of **** is turning people off.

P-Siddy:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on November  9, 2022, 07:20 AM --- This sort of **** is turning people off.

--- End quote ---

One has to wonder if they are doing this on purpose regarding TVC.

Rob:
I doubt it.  More likely, TVC collecting has shrunk but the people still doing it are generally die hards or people who are new and barely remember $7 figures, and they all think this is normal.  So Hasbro I’d finding they sell nearly the same number if a figure at $21 as they did at $13 and they’re taking advantage.  If sales do drop enough, they’ll do some small price cut and we’ll all be happy about it even though it’s an increase over a year or three prior.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version