Author Topic: 2023 Disney Droid Factory Figure Set – Star Wars Pride Collection  (Read 741 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Listed today on Shop Disney!  A collection of 6 rainbow colored droids in celebration of Pride

2023 Disney Droid Factory Figure Set – Star Wars Pride Collection - $74.99

https://www.shopdisney.com/droid-factory-figure-set-star-wars-pride-collection-461014696892.html?fbclid=IwAR26K1d61GCAkrGhhVrROfSJL9ZdIExn5t7Jw2Kex5R_GP0j8R5a3fTYKq4

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Thanks for the heads up on these, Nick. 

$75 seems like a lot for 6 Astromechs with no hats/accessories but I still picked it up because I am a sucker for these BAD astromech gimmicks.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Yeah, these seem pretty expensive for what they are.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Low effort cash grab.  So of course I bought one. :)

Seriously though, after the first Pride droid was so scarce, I’m sure people will buy these up without much argument.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Glad to be able to discuss these here and not on social media.  It’s so unbelievable that people get so hateful about something like this that tries to make Star Wars more inclusive.

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Ooof. $74 feels steep for repainted BADs. I like these but I think I may hold off for now.

FOMO got the better of me. I grabbed one set and may leave it boxed in case I decide to part with it later.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 01:59 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Glad to be able to discuss these here and not on social media.  It’s so unbelievable that people get so hateful about something like this that tries to make Star Wars more inclusive.

The internet lets idiots get a lot of attention they couldn't have gotten 25 or 30 years ago. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile

The internet lets idiots get a lot of attention they couldn't have gotten 25 or 30 years ago. 

Those people just show you who they are from the get-go.  It's disappointing that people who should know better would buy into such hateful bull****.

[/end rant

Other than that?  It looks like some people already have these in hand.

Style wise?  The colors are pretty bold.  My own preference would have been to use those colors for each droid, but in more of the "used universe" style that we're so accustomed to.  But I think the designers wanted to go bold for Pride.  I can't fault them for that at all.

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Style wise?  The colors are pretty bold.  My own preference would have been to use those colors for each droid, but in more of the "used universe" style that we're so accustomed to.  But I think the designers wanted to go bold for Pride.  I can't fault them for that at all.

Agreed.  I'm not sure I can mix these in with my Jawa droid lot of droids as they don't aesthetically fit.  Not sure exactly where I'll put these yet.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
$12.50/droid is probably on the cheap side these days so I was pretty happy.  The “solid” droids look good to me… the more rainbow deco stuff doesn’t fit in as well so I’m not as into it, and I’m a bit over BB units, but I got one because I buy droids when they’re around. 🤷‍♂️

I certainly wasn’t planning on dropping $100 on droids that day though.  🙄

And the new bar2 hasn’t surfaced yet either.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile

Agreed.  I'm not sure I can mix these in with my Jawa droid lot of droids as they don't aesthetically fit.  Not sure exactly where I'll put these yet.

I think the set really stands on its own as a statement release.  And that's great.  I consider myself an ally, and I've been thinking about giving the box set as a gift to someone in my life that recently came out.  They're into Star Wars and I think this might really be the right gift to give.

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile

I think the set really stands on its own as a statement release.  And that's great.  I consider myself an ally, and I've been thinking about giving the box set as a gift to someone in my life that recently came out.  They're into Star Wars and I think this might really be the right gift to give.

This is awesome!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2023 Disney Droid Factory Figure Set – Star Wars Pride Collection
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2023, 12:35 AM »
Was checking out the new ShopDisney Ahsoka stuff and noticed that this pack was on sale for $52.  $20+ savings if you don't have one yet or need more for some reason...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2023, 12:50 PM »
Was checking out the new ShopDisney Ahsoka stuff and noticed that this pack was on sale for $52.  $20+ savings if you don't have one yet or need more for some reason...

https://www.shopdisney.com/droid-factory-figure-set-star-wars-pride-collection-461014696892.html

And now you can use promo code EXTRA25 to get another 25% off the already discounted Pride Collection 6-pack.  Brings the cost down to $38.98 each.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 2, 2023, 11:18 AM »
And now its down to $33
I am not the Stig