Author Topic: Wow - Modern eBay Auctions  (Read 11862 times)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Wow - Modern eBay Auctions
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2020, 06:56 AM »
It is interesting.  I've noticed some specific items selling for high values.  I have been selling off my Hasbro carded figures in lots on facebook marketplace.  For the large part, figures have been selling for what they cost back in the day.  I've been going in release order and I'm currently up to the ROTS figures on the Vader cards.  They have been languishing for a month at $6 a figure and they are in figure cases.  I have had very few things sell for above cost.  I have avoided listing on ebay for the most part due to the fees.

SDCC exclusives seem to garner big bucks.  For example, the two mini card figures from the Revenge of the Jedi set have sold for $500 each.  I always go to ebay before listing anything just to make sure something hasn't gone through the roof for unknown reasons.  I haven't been really surprised yet.  The original red and green card figures are still generally in the $3 to $4 per figure carded unless they are some sort of variant.  Even the old original EU wave of figures that had the 3D scenes on the cardbacks sell for all that much.  I got about $11 per figure for the wave of nine figures.  Good to know some specific stuff is selling for good prices for even loose figures if I ever get to that point in sales.  I just have what feels like a million boxes of stuff in my basement taking up space at this point that I'm trying to unload.  I just want someone to finally buy all this prequel stuff so I can move on to the 30AC and BAD stuff that people are more interested in overall.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2020, 09:55 AM »
My greatest fear is that after I pass away, my wife sells off my Star Wars collection for what she thinks I paid for it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2020, 11:00 AM »
When this auction popped up I thought of you guys.

It breaks down to only $278 a figure (plus shipping and tax!)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2020, 11:11 AM »
Good lord...

I collected a set of 18, ignoring the green variations and was getting them in the $20-$23 each range.

Looking at complete auctions, the price of these seems to have gone up, but into that $40-$45 range... mark it up a little more because this guy did all the work and I could even see this being a $2000-ish lot if someone was crazy enough, but $10k is absurd.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 11:12 AM by Rob »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2020, 12:12 PM »
I saw someone on Reddit last week who paid $1000 for that Cloverfield monster that Hasbro sold on HTS for like a year or two... there's definitely a market for toys from the last 15 years online
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2020, 12:20 PM »
I saw someone on Reddit last week who paid $1000 for that Cloverfield monster that Hasbro sold on HTS for like a year or two... there's definitely a market for toys from the last 15 years online

I just looked that up... $1260, when they were $500-$600 a few weeks ago.  Ahsoka Mini-busts are going for $1300 to $1400 after being more like $400 a couple months ago.

It's all making me wonder if people aren't blowing their stimulus checks on collectibles causing a temporary spike in some of these markets.  I know Ahsoka's appearance in the new Clone Wars season sent her stuff sky high. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2020, 06:42 PM »

Please God, don’t let my wife find this out!

;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2020, 08:51 PM »

;D

Is that because you bought that one, or because you have one and she'll make you sell it.  :-*

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2020, 06:37 AM »
When this auction popped up I thought of you guys.

It breaks down to only $278 a figure (plus shipping and tax!)

To be fair, he opens the listing stating he is trying to garner interest and to make him an offer.  The whole SDCC description, while partially true, ignores that the figures were at Target.  Granted, they were impossible for a lot of people to find there.  I had to get my two off the secondary market, but paid in the $30 to $40 range per figure.

I would think maybe $3600 for the lot or $100 per figure.  I have to imagine it did take a lot of work putting the set together.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2020, 08:49 AM »

;D

Is that because you bought that one, or because you have one and she'll make you sell it.  :-*

Door #2.  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2020, 03:48 PM »
$25,000 for a Captain Phasma with no belt:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Captain-Phasma-3-75-No-Belt-Error-1-1-Extremely-Rare/123012627020?hash=item1ca41fba4c%3Ag%3AMNkAAOSwOy1ao5L7&LH_BIN=1

Star Wars The Force Awakens Captain Phasma 3.75 No Belt Error 1/1 Extremely Rare

I have never seen one like this, there are no others online and none have been listed on ebay, this is possibly one of the rarest figures to be released

;D

« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 03:21 PM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2020, 10:25 PM »
If the shipping wasn’t $20 I’d dare you to offer some obscenely low # mocking it
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2020, 10:43 PM »
I've only paid about $20,000 each for all my beltless figs.....

That Luke's Original is possibly my new favorite title for a listing and then you add the price. Top notch.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within