Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 137338 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 vOTC (or vTSC) - now with pics!
« Reply #345 on: March 23, 2006, 09:36 AM »
I agree... I think the Greedo will be a pegwarmer.  Han might too, to some degree.  The VOTC Han was a pegwarmer.

Yeah, I think you'll be right with those two. I really wish they'd announce a refresh case with 1x Han, 1x Greedo, 1x Luke, and 3x Tuskens and 4x Scouts. That would compensate for what I think the pegs will look like after the first restocks happen and those Greedos, Hans, and Lukes start lingering.

I would agree, however, I think the mail way offer is definately going to force the sale of some figure that wouldn't normally sell. But, the question is, is it possible to remove the sticker for the offer and then return the figure afterwards? >:(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 23, 2006, 09:39 AM »
Any definitive word on whether the GL Stormie is the CT version, or the VOTC version?
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 23, 2006, 09:46 PM »

I would agree, however, I think the mail way offer is definately going to force the sale of some figure that wouldn't normally sell. But, the question is, is it possible to remove the sticker for the offer and then return the figure afterwards? >:(

EASILY.  I was amazed how easy the clamshells opened up.  And we are not even talking about taking home and returning it later....it could be done in the store and nobody would think you were doing anything other than "inspecting" the card.  I imagine the people who "collect to collect profits" will definately be using the old return trick.  The redemption "token" "tab" whatever is in the package with one piece of tape.  It is conceivable to even get the tab out without taking the "brochure" so as to appear that it was never missing. 

Here is a size comparison shot, that is a US Nickel also a shot of what they look like in "captivity".

Those are great pics. I think you're ready for a photonovel now. :)

I don't know, those take more creativity than I have these days...

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 26, 2006, 06:32 PM »
This guy has loose Biker Scouts for 10 bucks. Just a heads up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6046990157
I remember my dream now.

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 28, 2006, 11:48 AM »
Err, I know this has probably already been mentioned somewhere- I could've missed it in this thread even- but when exactly are these supposed to be released in stores? I've read "April," but does anyone know a date? Also, does anyone know of any places likely to carry them besides Toys R Us/Target? Will Wal Mart have them?

Personally I hope Han's a pegwarmer just so I can find one! Especially not having a VOTC Han yet, I really want one of these. Super-articulation, a nice trenchcoat, a removeable vest and belt... what more can you ask of old Han besides maybe a better likeness? Plus given a choice, I want a superb ROTJ version of Han more than an ANH one. Not that I won't still try to buy one of those for my collection... then I'd be in "Han Heaven" as it were. Well, except maybe Bespin Han... I guess you could buy the POTF2 "Princess Leia Collection" figure and steal his jacket at put it on VTSC Han? Hmm... EDIT: oops, sorry John C, missed your post when I said this.

Speaking of a better likeness though... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/pmundheim/IMG_4604.jpg

Did you actually swap heads, or is that superimposed?? If a headswap is possible/easy even, I have a well-painted Carbonite Han head and the idea is very, very tempting...

I also need a/some Scout Troopers and one of those Lukes <3 You know what's funny is that even though Luke seems to come with a Vader hilt, I'd still find it useful because I don't have a Vader hilt. (I think the VOTC Vader is the only figure that came with one actually; sadly the Evolutions figure doesn't even have one! And then they packaged Anakin with two hilts and only one blade *scratches head* Maybe they meant to include a Vader hilt then and accidentally got another Luke/Anakin hilt?)

The Sandpeople and Greedo are cool, but I consider them extra and I'll only get some if I happen to find them in stores and have enough money after everything else I'm going to be buying for a while.

I'm really excited about this Han, though. I can't wait to have one of those and a VOTC Chewbacca... and the great thing is they'd both be in ROTJ mode!

Thanks for posting all these nice pictures!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 11:05 PM by Mitsukara »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 28, 2006, 12:26 PM »

Thanks MetalJedi, I was able to get three of them.   :)

:P

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 28, 2006, 12:49 PM »
You greedy bastards didn't give me a chance!

;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #352 on: March 28, 2006, 07:41 PM »
Mitsu,

Generally when things start popping up on Ebay, especially in Asia, you're looking at a month or so out before they're in the states...  Just a general round-about answer to your question.

They could be here pretty soon then...  They've been surfacing now for a little bit, so that means they're on the boats and maybe in the ports by now...  Get through customs, to distribution centers and out to stores.

VTSC isn't to be limited by anyone's estimation.  All retailers carrying Star Wars routinely are supposedly to be carrying VTSC...  KB, K-Mart, Target, TRU, Wal-Mart, and any of those goofy assed stores I've never heard of but which are in abundance elsewhere from where I live. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 28, 2006, 08:04 PM »

Thanks MetalJedi, I was able to get three of them.   :)

:P

Anytime. Was able to get 2 myself.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #354 on: March 29, 2006, 05:17 AM »
Bastards.  :)

Good score though, I saw someone with 15 loose ones...  My god what a glorious photo.

I can't wait for this figure...  It's simply perfect...  or as close to such as is humanly possible for Hasbro.

I'm really hoping that, with only one wave, that the VTSC are pretty abundant and easy to find...  I reiterate early sentiments that we need a second refresher with the army builders outnumbering Han, Luke, and let's just leave Greedo off the next case. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #355 on: March 31, 2006, 03:07 PM »
For all you folks with deep pockets, it looks like ToyRocket has the 2006 "vintage" Saga Collection figures IN STOCK.

They run $20 or $30 each, but if you just can't wait you can get them now...  ;)

So, they are on eBay and now the "import from Asia" e-tailers are starting to get them in-stock.  It should only be another couple weeks before they hit retail! 

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #356 on: April 1, 2006, 09:28 PM »

Are you ready for a little tease?

If so, then tonight's Image Database update is for you! Today, the JediDefender photography department added high-res loose photos of the first figure from Hasbro's The Saga Collection "Vintage" wave! Click on the thumbnail above to check out the photos of the Biker Scout figure (and prepare to drool)!

No April Foolin' here, this figure is freakin' sweet.   8)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 1, 2006, 09:35 PM »
Nice pics. I can't wait to get my 2 Scouts in the mail.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 1, 2006, 09:54 PM »
Sweet pics of the Scout on his bike Jeff!!  Now we just need a speeder bike that's proportioned so the nose doesn't sit so close to the ground - always frustrated me..

Wasn't the CW one redesigned with alternate "handlebars?"  Other than that though, it used the same mold, correct?

Sorry for not saying more about the trooper, but what more can you say than AWESOME!!  Always been my favorite trooper out of the OT and this new scuplt has been well deserved for quite some time now.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

SilverZ

« Reply #359 on: April 1, 2006, 10:11 PM »
Nice pics. I can't wait to get my 2 Scouts in the mail.  ;D

Wangyonghai rules. :)