Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303482 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1425 on: March 4, 2022, 10:57 AM »
I was shocked to see what looked like a fresh case of TVC on the pegs at my local Target this morning.  But then it was the Lando / Emperor / IG-11 / Teebo wave.  I picked up a Teebo since I've got multiples of the others already.  And I couldn't help but think where is the Bo-Katan wave?  Shouldn't that be the one that's currently shipping?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: March 4, 2022, 11:51 AM »
I was shocked to see what looked like a fresh case of TVC on the pegs at my local Target this morning.  But then it was the Lando / Emperor / IG-11 / Teebo wave.  I picked up a Teebo since I've got multiples of the others already.  And I couldn't help but think where is the Bo-Katan wave?  Shouldn't that be the one that's currently shipping?

I have seen remnants from the Lando wave (him of course. Plus Emperor's and IGs) the past week or two as well, at both Walmart and Target. Maybe these are the regular stock now getting unloaded from the boats, as opposed to the early air drop?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: March 4, 2022, 11:28 PM »

Found the same thing at Target Lakeville today. I also snagged the Teebo because you can never have too many murder bears.  Unfortunately that's even more Landos warming up the pegs now though.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 20, 2022, 08:01 PM »
I got the newish TVC Clone Wars Ahsoka I guess with updated face deco or something? I can’t tell much difference from the original TBH. Courtesy of Amazon.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: May 9, 2022, 09:50 AM »
I was happy to get my TVC Ahsoka / Fennec Shand / DW Mandalorian / Yoda / 501st Clone case from EE yesterday.  I'm looking forward to opening these up, because these figure all look really good in person.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 8, 2022, 01:12 PM »
I was pleased to see the Clone Wars Micro Series figures at an area Walmart store this morning, and in a shipper box. 

My online Walmart orders for this ave were in questionable condition at best.  And I was able to get one each of the three Jedi in excellent carded condition.  There was another guy in the aisle with a cart full of Funko Pops who started picking out figures since he must have seen me as cutting in on his action.  So I missed getting another ARC Trooper Captain, but truthfully I was fine with that.  But I actually haven't come across that kind of a situation in a store in quite some time, and it was simultaneously familiar and annoying.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 13, 2022, 09:15 PM »
Received my TVC Mandalorian Super Commando today from Amazon, only figure I’ve gotten from that wave so far. Interestingly it was in a box with no packing material or air bags, but it had a smaller cardboard insert inside protecting the bubble, so it arrived in good shape. Hopefully the rest of the ones I preordered will show up soon.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: July 18, 2022, 01:16 PM »
Been a bountiful 5 weeks.

Over the weekend I got the green Fan channel clones, Shae Vizla, Super Commando Mandalorian (not sure why amazon sent them in two shipments of 1 and 3 figures), and today or tomorrow I get something else that I cant look up right now.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1433 on: July 18, 2022, 04:17 PM »
Had my first retail find in months the other day. All figures I already had, but I picked up another Death Watch Mando, 501st Clone, & Fennec.

Also grabbed the TVC TIE Fighter on the Prime Day sale, and grabbed two Klaatu Skiff Guards that I had missed out on previously.
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 24, 2022, 10:59 AM »
I was able to order a couple of Mandalorian Super Commandos and the new Darth Vader from Hasbro Pulse - and they were both in stock!  Also surprised to be able to get in a preorder for the Super Commando Captain.

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #1435 on: August 25, 2022, 05:27 PM »
I was able to order a couple of Mandalorian Super Commandos and the new Darth Vader from Hasbro Pulse - and they were both in stock!  Also surprised to be able to get in a preorder for the Super Commando Captain.

I missed the captain, but I (think) I was able to score a couple of the Sith Lord!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: September 24, 2022, 07:02 PM »
I got Reva recently and before that Anakin Skywalker (Episode 2) and Obi-Wan Kenobi with L0-LA59 (Lola)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 07:43 PM by 77Skywalker »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: September 24, 2022, 10:44 PM »
I was stunned to find the Airborne Mando TVC figure in Target this morning. It appeared to be the only new figure they had too, and was coincidentally the one remaining TVC figure I needed since Amazon lost the one they sent to me recently. Huge win there.   :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: September 28, 2022, 01:29 PM »
Not exactly a super current report, but I picked up the Mandalorian Super Commando Captain at Best Buy.  It looks like Hasbro is shipping that wave to BB and it's pretty widely available.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: September 28, 2022, 04:30 PM »
My luck came through again and I was able to find a replacement 332nd trooper to replace the one Amazon mangled in transit to me. Think that completes the wage for me now, super grateful to find these in stores for a change.  :)