Author Topic: TVC Nevarro Cantina Playset  (Read 5944 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: TVC Nevarro Cantina Playset
« Reply #30 on: January 9, 2022, 03:51 PM »
Does anyone happen to know the exact width and height on this thing?  I’ve reached the Mandalorian part of unpacking my collection and am trying to leave a precise spot for this thing to make it easy to put up when it’s released.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #31 on: January 9, 2022, 07:50 PM »
Does anyone happen to know the exact width and height on this thing?  I’ve reached the Mandalorian part of unpacking my collection and am trying to leave a precise spot for this thing to make it easy to put up when it’s released.

Based on the photos Hasbro shared I would guess it about the width of the Tantive IV set probably just as tall too.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 9, 2022, 11:59 PM »
Yeah that’s my assumption too, I’m just wondering if I can get more precise.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2022, 04:38 PM »
If anyone else was curious, Amazon has it listed as 3.19 x 13 x 7.5 inches / LxWxH.  I'm assuming that doesn't include the actual bar and it would be lay out as deeper than 3.19 inches with that.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2022, 04:54 PM »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2022, 03:06 PM »
Bossk's Bounty has a review up.

Thanks for posting that...these playsets have been my favorite part of modern collecting.

After watching the video, I poked around on eBay and found a set for not ~too~ much more than I was willing to pay, I made an offer and he accepted it so now I should have one of my own next week. (People have asked for a Cardboard Galaxy kit for adding floor, exteriors, etc. so this will allow me to get that stuff developed and up for sale when the preorders start filling, so it wasn't just an impatience thing.  ;D )

Rob, you better believe I will be taking some measurements while I work on it, so I will pass them along when I have it.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2022, 03:11 PM »

The dimensions when set up are 17.5" long, 6" tall (6.5" at the top of the arch) and 4" deep on the halfarch wall that sticks out., Depending on how far you want to space the bar from the wall you've got a lot of leeway there to make it deeper.

Quick review. It is a wall with Cardboard inserts. Ho hum. The bar, stools, and barware are nice accessories that will make it fun to futz with.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2022, 03:32 PM »
Awesome, thanks.  I err’ on the side of caution and I think I left plenty of room.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2022, 02:08 PM »
I preordered two of them. I figure I'll find a good display configuration, but I like to have some extra pieces for setting up scenes with the kids.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2022, 10:28 AM »
I'm pretty excited to see what our own Muftak comes up with to augment this set.  If you follow him on Instagram you might have seen this video of him unboxing a shipment with this playset.  I'm personally wondering if he might be attempting to tackle the alcove that's seen to the right of the bar in the show.  This is where the grate is located where Din Djarin and crew escape into the sewers.  Or perhaps a booth?  Either way, I'm excited to see what he comes up with.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2022, 10:11 PM »
I'm pretty excited to see what our own Muftak comes up with to augment this set.  If you follow him on Instagram you might have seen this video of him unboxing a shipment with this playset.  I'm personally wondering if he might be attempting to tackle the alcove that's seen to the right of the bar in the show.  This is where the grate is located where Din Djarin and crew escape into the sewers.  Or perhaps a booth?  Either way, I'm excited to see what he comes up with.

I was rewatching th bar scenes from season one today.

The big request I have received is an exterior facade. I am also going to do a floor, and probably a gel for the non-shot up window.

It would be nice to do a second insert for the wall with no window, so a 2nd set can be utilized as an interior wall.

But that big Alcove is really nice looking...I can see that as a further addition down the road...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2022, 01:52 AM »
I’ve seen some previews of this online and I’m ho hum on it honestly.  I’m disappointed in the door and window not being plastic, and the exterior not being covered.  The opening door on the Tantive IV is a feature I really enjoy and will miss on this set.  I like the bar goodies and the quasi expandability of the overall set, but the exterior will annoy me for sure. 

I was equally dejected with the Tantive IV backside of the walls lacking detail.  The Jabba Palace was a better presentation that way and it was plausible for them to do some imprinted detail.  Little things such as these have annoyed me on the sets… ironically the Carbon Freeze set, to me, is the nicest singular display but it’s not a modular thing at all.  Two and done.

The Tantive would be better with a little more freedom in how one were to display it, but it has limitations too.  This Navarro Cantina seems to have similar issues.  Kind of weird they don’t leave a little more freedom to the buyer to expand it so they’re enticed to buy more.

I support the idea but if I get extras they’re on sale now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2022, 09:06 AM »
Seems like Amazon got a big product drop from Hasbro - last night I got an email telling me that my Nevarro Cantina should be here by Friday.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2022, 09:26 AM »
Same.  And Lobot, Bib Fortuna, and the Bad Batch 4-Pack.  There goes $160…

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2022, 01:23 AM »
Same here.  Oof.  When it rains it pours.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77