Author Topic: Disney Exclusive Die-Cast  (Read 6725 times)

Offline Spirit of MAC

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Disney Exclusive Die-Cast
« on: November 23, 2014, 01:35 AM »
Anyone know what scale these Disney Store exclusive die-cast ships are in, or if they're actual rehashes of the Titanium or Galoob ships...?  $80 for 9 ships makes me think they're sized somewhere in between the Titanium ships and the old Action Fleet ships.  Just curious, after catching Jayson's news post over at Yak about it.

Softgoods suck.  Almost as much as the Prequels.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Disney Exclusive Die-Cast
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 04:48 AM »
Just eyeballing the packaging, they're definitely bigger than Titanium's line was.  I'd say the fighters probably actually aren't terribly far off (smaller) than the Action Fleet Line actually. It might make most of them more in scale with the original die-cast vintage vehicles, possibly. 

The fighters all look to be around the same scale, or close anyway, while the Destroyer and Falcon are scales all their own ultimately.

The detail looks neat.  I'd like a set but not at that price.  The Y-Wing is the ship that has my eye the most (I'm a sucker for the Alliance's workhorse beater ship).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 11:31 AM »
AP:

3. What is the deal with these new Disney Store diecast vehicles? From the pictures I've seen online, they look quite good, particularly Slave I. Do you know what scale these are? For only $10, I can't imagine them being very large, so I'm guessing they are somewhere between Titanium and Action Fleet size? It looks like they at least have a couple moving parts, but likely no stand included. What do you know about them?
--Greg

They're neat, but not perfect. For example the Landspeeder doesn't have an exposed nacelle like it should - but otherwise, is pretty great. The scale is inconsistent, each one is pretty small and pretty cheap - if you want a series of models that are in scale to one another, this ain't it. The vehicles are nicely sized for the price - they run circles around the Titanium Series Ultra vehicles Hasbro did a few years ago - with some being a little bigger, and some being a little smaller. All I can say is go check them out at the store - the look is there, and the deco is quite good on the few I've seen finalized up close.

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 03:40 PM »
I grabbed an AT-AT, Snowspeeder and TIE Advanced for my son from Santa.  These are pretty cool.  A bit bigger than the Titanium, IIRC.  They have the three I listed, as well as a Speeder Bike, and the vehicles in this gift set, one of which (Wedge's X-Wing) is exclusive to the set.  The Falcon and Star Destroyer retail for $20 each so this is a decent bargain.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 08:08 PM »
I'll post pics later this week of these vehicles. I grabbed a Millenium Falcon, Slave 1 and X-Wing to add to the mix.  This Falcon only cost $13 or so, and it is big. My son loves the ships so I am hoping this will be a big hit. I left behind speeder bike and landspeeder. I Did not see any regular TIE fighters or Star Destroyers, two more I'd like to get. The regular size ones that were normally $10 were down to $7.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 10:43 AM »
Disneyland has a 1/64 scale diecast Star Speeder 1000. Now there are four different sizes of this ship.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 06:02 PM »
I'll take that 4" scaled one all day long.  My fav ship I think maybe slightly behind the Snowspeeder.  That one's tough to beat, but man that Starspeeder is fun.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 04:03 PM »
Has anyone picked up the Speeder bike? If so, how does it compare in size to the Hasbro 3.75"?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 08:49 PM »
You piqued my curiosity with that question Ant...  Didn't realize there was a bike possibly scaled to figures, but die-cast.  I'd be interested, as well.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 06:45 PM »
Did some research and although I couldn't find a side by side comparison, the length on the diecast bike is 5 1/2 inches compared to 7 1/2 of the latest TRU exclusive tooling. Shame.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."