Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 307262 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1335 on: July 18, 2020, 12:18 PM »
This wasn't my idea, but I saw a photo of it at RS and thought I'd give it a try.  The torso doesn't match perfectly in terms of size, but it's not nearly as obvious looking at the figure as it is in the photo... Beckett in Skiff disguise:

« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 12:19 PM by Rob »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: July 22, 2020, 10:23 AM »
I think it looks great!  Just a simple head swap?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: July 22, 2020, 12:29 PM »
I think it looks great!  Just a simple head swap?

My thought initially, but looks like he swapped out the legs a well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: July 22, 2020, 12:58 PM »
It's Beckett' from the waist down, and Lando from the waist up.  Then I put Beckett's gloved hands on the Lando torso - which just popped right into place. 

I need to get some paint since right now it's also Lando's neck color. 

The cape is from the 2002 Saga Dooku.  I was able to pop Lando's torso off, but had to use a Dremel to cut Beckett in half.  I could have gotten fancier, but I just lightly sanded it and then super-glued them together. 

Again, not my recipe, but it only took me like 20 minutes once I had the parts here.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: July 28, 2020, 02:14 PM »
Saw K2SO and Stormy Luke at Target this morning. Search continues for Wolffe...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: July 31, 2020, 06:02 PM »
Caught the Power Droid wave at my local Target once they did the reset this week. I must have been lucky because all 8 figures from the case were on the peg. I picked up the Gonk and Stormie Luke. When I had to stop in again the next day I was shocked to see everything was gone, and the TVC peg had Mission Fleet figures hanging on it instead.

I'm glad I was able to find the Power Droid, and I still believe it should have been 2 per case. Hopefully they will do full cases for etailers.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: August 1, 2020, 12:47 PM »
Not a TVC purchase per-se, but I picked up an acrylic stand off of eBay for my Amazon Exclusive Big Slave one and couldn't be happier. Seller is surge38 if you need one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: August 2, 2020, 09:56 AM »
Using the new TVC DPCI, I've been able to score pretty much everything I need from the K2SO/Power Droid/Commander Wolfe/Stormtrooper Luke wave. I have a pre-order for 2 more Power Droids and one for another K2SO - I might cancel the K2SO now that I have three open, but the Power Droid, I definitely want more of...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: August 2, 2020, 05:04 PM »
I pulled the trigger on a K2SO on eBay, for the purpose of doing a stop motion review before my case assortment arrives.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: August 2, 2020, 11:39 PM »
I found a lone Power Droid on Saturday and ended up stashing him for a friend. Looked nice.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: August 12, 2020, 12:51 PM »
Not a TVC purchase per-se, but I picked up an acrylic stand off of eBay for my Amazon Exclusive Big Slave one and couldn't be happier. Seller is surge38 if you need one.
Could you post or PM a link?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: August 12, 2020, 11:27 PM »
Could you post or PM a link?

Here you go:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Acrylic-Display-Stand-for-Hasbro-SLAVE-1-Slave-One-Vehicles/174340499212?hash=item289780e70c:g:3TQAAOSwkMNelMoo

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1347 on: August 14, 2020, 01:20 AM »
Got one of Wolfe and one of K2.  Wolfe is cool and just another clone to me so meh.  I’m kinda off the PT train and it’s just less interesting to me now than new Disney stuff or OT things.  Clone wars interests me some too tho if it’s realistic so Wolfe is appreciated, but not as much as Jedi or other characters would be.

Anyway, K2...  now this is another story.  Best figure in a long time from Hasbro imho, and I think they’ve done well for a while.  This is army building worthy to me even at today’s prices.  Need many many more of him!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: August 26, 2020, 04:57 PM »
NOT a Vintage Collection purchase at all, but I bought the "Mission Fleet" Mandalorian set today specifically because I wanted the Pram and the Child to go along with my TVC Mando and Cara Dune, and the scale seemed doable. I might wind up using the bike for my IG-11 replacement to sit on in the display with everybody else.

I had previously purchased the Black Series the Child to fit in with the TVC figures, so while I was swapping them out I was surprised to see the BS Child is actually slightly smaller than the MF Child. So I gave the BS version the Pram instead. I wouldn't be surprised if the eventual and inevitable TVC the Child is this same scale.

(BS figures and MF figures now too? Someone at Hasbro is having fun with the series names...)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: August 26, 2020, 11:57 PM »
I received my 4 K2S0's from Hasbro Pulse.