Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 351573 times)

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #1320 on: November 18, 2010, 01:18 PM »
Found the Vos wave, and shocked myself by passing on the new Vader.  I may be in a huge minority, but that thing blows in person.  Non-crouching, non-cartoony proportions (tiny helmet and legs).  If the Luke he's [re]packed with "stood up," he'd tower over Vader.

I'm probably alone here, and probably wrong, but that thing bummed me out.  It hardly qualifies as a Galactic Hero.  It's more like one of those 2" Unleashed figures.  What's the point?   
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 03:29 PM by The Stolen CCG License »

Offline jedi ds

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: November 19, 2010, 03:18 PM »
 ??? Doesn't sound too good on the new Vader sculpt ... I had already done a custom version of my own so I might have to pass also...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: December 9, 2010, 02:09 PM »
This might be old news to some, but I was listening to this week's SWAN podcast, and they had confirmation that the Kohl's exclusive AT-ST set will NOT be coming out this Fall.  I don't know if it is delayed, or canceled, but it sounds like it definitely won't be out this year.  It does sound like it made it out in the UK somewhere though.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: December 10, 2010, 12:34 AM »
This was definitely some disappointing news.  I was pretty stoked to add this to my collection along with the great AT-AT.  Oh well, hopefully Hasbro finds a new retailer for 2011 in North America.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: December 10, 2010, 09:12 AM »
I think there were a lot of people scratching their heads about Kohls getting this exclusive.  Is Kohls really that big a player in the toy retail market?  Sure we have a few locally, but I think generally the impression is that they are nearly entirely a clothing retailer, that also happens to have some toys, etc.  If anything Hasbro should have saved this set and had it be the followup for the AT-AT's general release.  The AT-AT is a great toy and I think would have sparked demand for people to buy a followup like the AT-ST.

Either way, as long as it reaches retail somewhere in the US (Heck, make it an exclusive to Marshalls/TJ Maxx/etc...).
I am not the Stig

Offline inglishteecher

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: December 11, 2010, 10:02 AM »
anyone on here from the twin cities metro area? i just won a bid for 3 at-sts from the uk. i only need 1 for my son. it says i will have them between dec. 20 and 27. obviously, i'm hoping for before xmas. anyway, if you live in this area and are interested, i'm not in it for the money. for $40, you can have one if you will meet me in south st. paul or woodbury. my email is inglishteecher@hotmail.com. let me know if you're interested and i'll let you know when i get them.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1326 on: December 28, 2010, 05:18 PM »

Looks like th GH AT-AT is a hit with Colin!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: December 28, 2010, 10:42 PM »
Great pics!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1328 on: December 28, 2010, 10:48 PM »
Only 24.99 on Amazon for 10 more minutes. http://amzn.to/YqoeF
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: December 29, 2010, 10:50 AM »
Does it seem at all like this line has lost its steam a little bit?  Don't get me wrong, I still love the little guys, and may it is just because I focus only on the OT sets that I'm feeling this way.  Sure, we just got the incredibly spiffy AT-AT, but I remember a time (during the past few years) where they couldn't hardly keep these things on the pegs at stores - 2 packs or cinema scenes.  Now it seems like they are always pretty full, and non-CW offerings have been slim and none.  Plus, a lot of the exclusives (cinema scenes or otherwise) seem to get pushed back or forgotten.  I mean, even if the line did eventually end, I guess we couldn't complain too much.  Quite a run of stuff, and a lot more than I ever thought we would get.

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: December 29, 2010, 11:31 AM »
Nope, not just you.  I collect Prequel, CW, and OT - and 2010 just wasn't that great.  Imagine if the TRU sets had gotten out in 2009 as planned.

My personal guess goes like this:
When Hasbro says, "this isn't a collector's line; no more cinema scenes" - they really mean,
"this has always been a collector's line, and we're out of Impressive OT stuff.  Let's be very carefull with our CW toys until we figure out who's buying them."

Don't we usually know at least the Spring wave by now?  Are we totally sure Walmarts even have the 2-packs on their 2011 planner?       

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: December 30, 2010, 12:29 AM »
There's no doubt that the highlight of the year was the AT-AT, and I was certainly glad to finally get the Purchase of the Droids Cinema Scene, but the rest of the year has definitely been focused on a few CW 2-packs. 

I'm just hopeful that Toy Fair has a number of new offerings for us to look forward to, because there's nothing currently.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: January 3, 2011, 09:56 AM »
Now should be when Hasbro does a rerelease on some of those hard to find cinema scenes.  I know they aren't doing cinema scenes right now, but it seems like the time to do that.

The AT-ST, if it HAD to be an exclusive, should have been with one of Hasbro's existing retail partners.  Even if it had done just OK for Target it would have sold far more units than a smash hit at Kohl's.  Heck they could have given Walmart the AT-AT and Target the AT-ST.
I am not the Stig

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: January 3, 2011, 04:00 PM »
Now should be when Hasbro does a rerelease on some of those hard to find cinema scenes.  I know they aren't doing cinema scenes right now, but it seems like the time to do that.

The AT-ST, if it HAD to be an exclusive, should have been with one of Hasbro's existing retail partners.  Even if it had done just OK for Target it would have sold far more units than a smash hit at Kohl's.  Heck they could have given Walmart the AT-AT and Target the AT-ST.

I agree about the cinema scenes, they could be in a box 1/2 that size, and make an attractive $20 purchase for birthday presents. With all the CW figures they have done, they could put together some pretty spiffy episode/story specific sets with only 1 or 2 new figures each. Vebb episode anyone? Or maybe even a zero the Hutt?

I know it wasn't meant to be, but the AT-AT seemed to be nearly a target/TRU exclusive. I never saw it at a single Wal Mart (here in the Twin Cities, Minnesota).

The AT-St definately should have been with a major retail partner. I look forward to finding out where this thing lands next christmas (when I expect it to finally get out).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: February 12, 2011, 01:49 PM »
Just reading through some of the first notes out of the Hasbro presentation today, and it sounds like the Galactic Heroes line is ending.  The wave that is in stores now is the last one, to be replaced by smaller Jedi Force figures.  I'm sure Jeff and Co. will have more details later.