Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 351575 times)

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #1365 on: June 8, 2011, 11:45 AM »
Thank you! And nice set up  8)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: June 13, 2011, 12:00 PM »
I actually saw the AT-ST at our local TRU this weekend, but I just couldn't bite.  Part of it was being a bit tight right now, but also I just couldn't justify the $38 for it.  I think I have all of the OT ships (aside from some of the X-Wing repaints), so it was tempting to "complete the set", but I passed (at least for now).  I might go back and get it eventually, but at the same time I've since packed all my other GH stuff away (or given it to our daughter) so it seems silly to pick it up just to pack it away.

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: June 13, 2011, 01:27 PM »
good call Brian, i regret buying the AT-AT. its just too big for my display case... hoping TRU will let me return this.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: June 22, 2011, 12:19 AM »
Just got around opening my AT-ST for my 3-year old.  I had been super excited to get this and "complete" my Galactic Heroes collection.

However, after two minutes out of the box the little railings on the top of the hatch all came off.  Really crappy design there.  I have no idea why those aren't molded / glued on, or just not even on the toy.  Not a good design for little kids much less older kids.

With some futzing I did manage to get the AT-ST to stand, but its not super kid friendly.  However my son loves opening and closing the hatches on the front and top. 

Overall I'm a bit *meh* on this one.  Not a great value, although not terrible either.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: June 22, 2011, 11:18 AM »
With some futzing I did manage to get the AT-ST to stand, but its not super kid friendly.

That's not good to hear, and it's a bummer it's not a super kid friendly toy.  I dread having small parts come off the toys especially with two 1 1/2 year olds crawling around.  I haven't bought the AT-ST yet, but I did finally ordered the AT-AT for about $39 from Amazon yesterday.  I've read reviews citing the legs on the AT-AT don't stay connected too well which won't be good when my 3 1/2 year old starts playing with it.  I'm hoping it won't be an issue.

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: June 22, 2011, 02:49 PM »
I've read reviews citing the legs on the AT-AT don't stay connected too well which won't be good when my 3 1/2 year old starts playing with it.  I'm hoping it won't be an issue.

It won't be an issue for long.  It will quickly be determined once and for all that the legs are simply space junk that live in the bottom of the toy bin (with the electronic X-Wing's laser cannons, the skiff's wind rudders, and the MF ramp/hatch).   >:D  Your AT-AT will scoot around on its belly from then on out. 

If my boys were still younger (they're quickly transitioning into lego all-the-time-every-time play), I'd like to log some serious time over on various Transformer Customs boards learning how to cleverly beef up different styles of moving joints.  I think it usually involves a bunch of nail polish.  For awhile there, I was tempted to just bolt big metal pins right through the center of those AT-AT joints and be done with it.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: June 23, 2011, 10:12 PM »
After one day of kid play I've officially lost one of the small railings on the top of the AT-ST.  Maybe it will come out in a diaper load tomorrow.

The other two came off, but I found them.  I'll super glue them on later if I can locate (and sanitize) the missing third one.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: July 1, 2011, 11:08 AM »
My Target has the AT-AT clearanced down to $28 and all 2packs to $5ish (not sure if this is old news or not)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 12, 2011, 08:44 PM »
With the clearance started, the end is officially arriving. So long GH- it was fun while it lasted.  :)

I love my GH beasts. Jabba, the Rancor, Wampa, and the tauntaun are great. And despite the poor playability, I'm glad the AT-AT and AT-ST made it out before it was over. If there was one thing missing for me, it was a basic TIE.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 14, 2011, 10:54 AM »
With the clearance started, the end is officially arriving. So long GH- it was fun while it lasted.  :)
I agree and was glad too that the last 2 vehicles made it out before the end.

My son and I finally opened the AT-AT last night, and we had a great time playing with it.  All the legs seem to hold up ok except for one.  I like how there are 2 points of poseability for the legs (1 may have made the AT-AT too stiff and 3 may have been too much for kids).  All the other features were cool, and my son loved tinkering with it.  The only thing I wouldn't rate high on this vehicle is the sounds played after pushing the button - they come out muffled and somewhat static-y.  Did anyone else notice this, or could this be an isolated not so nice feature on this particular AT-AT?  The sounds were a tad bit better if the door was opened but not clear and the static was still there.  We started it with new batteries.  Either way, we'll enjoy this new toy.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1375 on: October 1, 2011, 08:18 PM »
Colin received the AT-ST set for his birthday...although it's a toy he'll grow into, he enjoys it now.

It's a nice companion piece to the AT-AT and I'll have to track down the snowspeeder for him at some point.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jedi ds

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: October 3, 2011, 02:40 PM »
Assault on Kashyyyk

Offline jedi ds

• Youngling
    • View Profile