Author Topic: A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones Figures!  (Read 61515 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones Figures!
« Reply #75 on: November 6, 2014, 05:09 PM »
It does seem that way Nick, same goes for the ReAction lines...big push but nothing behind it...we're in for a large wait if there is a Wave 3

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 6, 2014, 05:17 PM »
I think action figure manufacturers are just being somewhat risk averse.  Sales across that sector are down.  Plus, when you look at all of the licensed figure lines that have flopped or been executed poorly in recent years?  You begin to understand why there's a slow pace on these releases.

But back to Game of Thrones...

I just saw this on Twitter.  Dark Horse is releasing more of their own GoT figures (which seem more like maquettes).  And I think these just wound up in the new Diamond Previews.  It's an interesting lineup.  And some of the sculpts on the Dark Horse GoT line look cool, but the lack of posability has kept me away from these.

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 6, 2014, 05:19 PM »
I keep hearing that Wave 3 is a go, according to funko's funkofanatics.com site... supposedly it comes from someone within the Funko family.  It's just that the figures haven't been revealed yet.

But it's tough to know how they will approach the line.  I mean, there are so many characters they can do, but where is the line drawn?  Rickon Stark comes from a prestigious family, yet his role is so small that does he warrant a figure?  Bran?  Well, it would make sense if he came with Hodor. 

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 6, 2014, 05:52 PM »
I almost caved on Jaimie, Brienne, and Drogo at Barnes & Noble last week. All of the wave 2 figures looked amazing, and a huge step up from wave 1. I am still holding off on this line though, but if Funko makes a Bronn figure I grab it for sure.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 6, 2014, 06:03 PM »
Rickon Stark comes from a prestigious family, yet his role is so small that does he warrant a figure?  Bran?  Well, it would make sense if he came with Hodor. 

Rickon is one character that's questionable at best for the Funko line.  I could really only see Funko making a Rickon figure if and ONLY IF  Rickon comes back into the fold later in the series.  Most likely being played by an older actor.

And I agree on Bran.  If Funko does something similar to what Dark Horse did, and offers Bran with Hodor, then I could see that offering working.

Then there are so many other characters to consider.  Does Gendry merit a figure?  What about Pycelle?  Would Varys make for an interesting action figure?  These are characters that are really important in the scope of the series.  But do they translate for the purposes of an action figure line?

As for characters that I DO think make sense?  Others include Ser Barristan Selmy, Bronn, and Lord Commander Mormont.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 9, 2014, 08:21 PM »
I saw some of wave 2 in a TRU store today.  It's nice to see that Funko is keeping things current across a number of retail chains.  Robb and Arya Stark both look pretty good.

What didn't look good?  The $21.99 price tag at this particular TRU store.  Especially since I saw some wave 1 figures at another TRU store for $17.99.  That kind of pricing inconsistency is beyond annoying.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2015, 03:09 PM »
So has anyone seen any sign of a third wave of GoT Legacy 6" figures out of Toy Fair?  All of the images that I've seen only show the wave 2 figures.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2015, 03:30 PM »
I snagged one of these last week at Target.  They were down to just $9.99, so had to test one out.  Pretty solid figures at that price, but I Can't imagine they will stay around long at most retailers the way they seem to be pegwarming.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2015, 05:22 PM »
So has anyone seen any sign of a third wave of GoT Legacy 6" figures out of Toy Fair?  All of the images that I've seen only show the wave 2 figures.

I heard that wave 3 wasn't shown...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2015, 08:46 AM »

I heard that wave 3 wasn't shown...

That is not a good sign IMO, especially given the fact there has not even been 1 confirmed figure from that wave leaked to this point. (Although I do specifically recall them saying Tywin would be coming)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2015, 09:45 AM »
It makes me wonder if Funko is trying to space out these releases so that they don't oversaturate the market.  Still, with season 5 of the HBO show due in April this would have been the ideal time to exhibit a third wave of figures.

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2015, 09:50 AM »
The Facebook Funko Toys Legacy page is have a Q and A today with one of the guys that works on Legacy (overall), so maybe we'll hear something.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2015, 10:27 AM »
Not much I know, but in case someone is looking or has been putting off buying for a sale...

EE daily Deal today - 15% off Games of Thrones Legacy figures from Funko
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2015, 12:04 PM »
Safe to say at this point the line is done?

Very surprised these did not do better saleswise. Seems like if there was going to be a third wave we would have gotten details by now, especially with the show about to premier.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2015, 06:55 AM »
I would bet most fans didn't even know about these.  Do they advertise them anywhere?  I have only ever seen them at Walgreens and in crummy pairs on Target back end caps.  $20 price point probably steers away a lot of interest as well.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today