Author Topic: WTB: older Galactic Heroes sets  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
WTB: older Galactic Heroes sets
« on: December 8, 2004, 09:58 PM »
Looking for the following for my nephew for XMAS:

Stompin Wampa set
*Fast Through the Forest set
*Duel with Darth Maul set

Please LMK if you can help me out.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 06:36 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: WTB: Galactic Heroes & old Jedi Force
« Reply #1 on: December 9, 2004, 01:05 PM »
PM sent.  :)

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 9, 2004, 08:19 PM »
You might want to try KB if there's one near you. On my last visit a little over a month ago, there were plenty of the older Playskool, even the Millenium Falcon, which includes a stormtrooper not in the new set.

The TRU and Target around my area have plenty of the new MF -- should be able to save you the cost of shipping if yours have them as well.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 9, 2004, 10:34 PM »
You might want to try KB if there's one near you. On my last visit a little over a month ago, there were plenty of the older Playskool, even the Millenium Falcon, which includes a stormtrooper not in the new set.

The TRU and Target around my area have plenty of the new MF -- should be able to save you the cost of shipping if yours have them as well.

I checked a local KB and they had ZERO GHs.  I remember always seeing them there so that was my 1st stop.  Gonna hit another couple tomorrow.  My local TRU was out of MFs as well so gonna hit some more TRUs tomorrow too.  May have to resort to ebay or the local toy show.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 02:12 AM »
Ain't that a bitch.

You're in luck with the GH Falcon. I just did a quick check on KBtoys.com. For a limited time  they're selling it for the same $30 as Target and TRU AND they're offering free shipping.  (They have the Reek set for $6.)

Some of the Playskool I picked up back then are the Maul/Naboo fighter and Race through the Forest sets for my cousin's kid. I'm strongly leaning toward not giving them anymore, so if you can't find 'em locally, I'll sell them to you.

I rarely make it to KB anymore since the ones nearby were closed. I'll keep an eye out for some of the GH anyway.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 02:15 AM by Jedi Idej »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 02:41 AM »
You serious that you can't find any GH Falcons down there Jason?  They've got 'em 5 deep at every TRU, WM and Target up here...  Try your local Targets at least.  I'd be very surprised if there's none down there.

Saw the GH Stormies tonight at a TRU, but the jackoffs bumped the price up on those as well, to $6 now.

You want me to pick those things up for you?  I don't think I'm gonna make it down your way in the next couple of weeks though, or I'd just bring 'em down to you in person.  Not sure if you want me to ship the stuff though.  Up to you, just LMK if you need 'em that bad, as I'm sure I could pick them up for you.  Stormies would be $6 though, like I said, since that TRU is the only place I've seen them for a few weeks.  Falcon's are the usual $30, I believe...

- M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2004, 04:24 PM »
Ain't that a bitch.

You're in luck with the GH Falcon. I just did a quick check on KBtoys.com. For a limited time  they're selling it for the same $30 as Target and TRU AND they're offering free shipping.  (They have the Reek set for $6.)

Some of the Playskool I picked up back then are the Maul/Naboo fighter and Race through the Forest sets for my cousin's kid. I'm strongly leaning toward not giving them anymore, so if you can't find 'em locally, I'll sell them to you.

I rarely make it to KB anymore since the ones nearby were closed. I'll keep an eye out for some of the GH anyway.

Well if you do decide to not give those 2 sets out, I'll take them.  Thanks for the potential offer.

You serious that you can't find any GH Falcons down there Jason?  They've got 'em 5 deep at every TRU, WM and Target up here...  Try your local Targets at least.  I'd be very surprised if there's none down there.

Saw the GH Stormies tonight at a TRU, but the jackoffs bumped the price up on those as well, to $6 now.

You want me to pick those things up for you?  I don't think I'm gonna make it down your way in the next couple of weeks though, or I'd just bring 'em down to you in person.  Not sure if you want me to ship the stuff though.  Up to you, just LMK if you need 'em that bad, as I'm sure I could pick them up for you.  Stormies would be $6 though, like I said, since that TRU is the only place I've seen them for a few weeks.  Falcon's are the usual $30, I believe...

- M

My local TRU didn't have any Falcons, but I did find 1 at the Brea TRU yesterday so I'm covered.  I've yet to see any GH at any Target stores that I've hit.  They don't even have a place for them.  Frank and Sons has Stormies for $7-$8 (just saw them today) so I'll probably end up grabbing them there, but thanks for the offer. 

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2004, 05:45 PM »
K-Marts in my area have a SW display which consists of post OTC and a ton of the galactic heros Bounty Hunter wave.  The display case I saw had 10 Stormtrooper packs which I found interesting, since everyone seems to be after these.  Also on the display were the Vader helmets. 

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 05:55 PM »
K-Marts in my area have a SW display which consists of post OTC and a ton of the galactic heros Bounty Hunter wave.  The display case I saw had 10 Stormtrooper packs which I found interesting, since everyone seems to be after these.  Also on the display were the Vader helmets. 

10 Stormies?  Nice.  Maybe a solid packed case.  I want to get Jesse (my nephew) a few Stormie sets.  I may just grab them at Frank and Sons to save myself and someone else the hassle of shipping.  It's the older GHs sets that are going to be tougher to find.  Thanks for all the responses so far guys!

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: WTB: older Galactic Heroes sets
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2004, 03:42 PM »
PM sent.