Author Topic: Battle of Tatooine Wave  (Read 81649 times)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Tatooine Wave
« Reply #210 on: April 18, 2006, 12:44 AM »
Late April would not surprise me or the 1st week of May. BBTS has em on pre-order for May, so the end of April sounds like the first hits to me.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 18, 2006, 01:04 PM »
If people's first finds on Tatooine wave started trickling in 1 week from today, I wouldn't be shocked.  At the same time, I haven't seen any of that wave popping up on eBay yet, and I notice that the first sightings of the wave are usually within a week of the first eBay sightings.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 18, 2006, 02:14 PM »
Well..I WOULD be shocked if it shows up BEFORE the saga/rots Heroes collection cases do. I think the heroes/villians cases are supposed to ship before this wave ..so, in the least I would say we see this heroes/villians rots figs maybe in April and no tatooine wave just yet-likely May

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #213 on: April 18, 2006, 02:22 PM »
One thing to remember is that the ROTS Hits waves are shipping under a separate Assortment number, so it is possible that the ROTS Hits wave 1 and Tatooine wave will hit at the same time...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #214 on: April 18, 2006, 02:28 PM »
Noooooooooo!  ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 18, 2006, 02:32 PM »
I decided to go with BBTS on this wave since it will hit when I am back on track teaching and I am very tired hunting things down. Don't take me wrong, I find what I want when I hunt (usually) but the time and gas is not worth it. That and I am taking some online classes for my Master's that I am starting so time really is a valuable commodity.  Here's what I paid; more than retail but by the time I include my gas, mileage/wear and tear, and hassle of running around, I know I can pass on the hunt and in the end, it really doesn't cost that much more except on the Sandtrooper:

Product ID Description Sub Standard Collector Subtotal
HAS11942 Wave 5 - Garindan   1   $8.99

HAS11944 Wave 5 - Hem Dazon   1   $8.99

HAS11946 Wave 5 - Momaw Nadon "Hammerhead"   1   $7.99

HAS11947 Wave 5 - R5-D4   1   $7.99

HAS11948 Wave 5 - Sandtrooper   1   $11.99

Subtotal: $45.95
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2006, 03:16 PM »
I decided to go with BBTS on this wave since it will hit when I am back on track teaching and I am very tired hunting things down. Don't take me wrong, I find what I want when I hunt (usually) but the time and gas is not worth it. That and I am taking some online classes for my Master's that I am starting so time really is a valuable commodity.  Here's what I paid; more than retail but by the time I include my gas, mileage/wear and tear, and hassle of running around, I know I can pass on the hunt and in the end, it really doesn't cost that much more except on the Sandtrooper:

Product ID Description Sub Standard Collector Subtotal
HAS11942 Wave 5 - Garindan   1   $8.99

HAS11944 Wave 5 - Hem Dazon   1   $8.99

HAS11946 Wave 5 - Momaw Nadon "Hammerhead"   1   $7.99

HAS11947 Wave 5 - R5-D4   1   $7.99

HAS11948 Wave 5 - Sandtrooper   1   $11.99

Subtotal: $45.95

Does this include shipping?  If not, how much additional cost?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2006, 03:29 PM »
BlackDog - your rationale makes sense.  With gas prices going up and the limitation of time, it's much easier for people like us to order online.

In my case, I order full cartons and sell the extras or open the army builders.  Problem is, nobody wants my piece of **** Hoth Vader leftovers.  Can't say that I blame them. 

It's the worst figure Hasbro has ever cranked out.

>:(

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2006, 04:28 PM »
Shipping is like $5.49 going UPS ground (which is trackable) or $5.99 Priority USPS which is not trackable.  So I choose to go with $5.49. 

I have thought about cases, but in truth, unless I duplicates the extra $30 to $35 and the waiting is not worth it to me. On this wave I only want 1 of each, 2 of some if or when I find em at retail, and outside of the Sandtrooper, I think this wave will be much like Carkoon and most figures will be rather easy to find in time.

John Keeshan

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 20, 2006, 10:46 PM »
I just saw carded photos of the sandtrooper.   :o  I can't wait to get a dozen of these desert bad-boys!!

While 2006 has had its' let downs (UGH speculators, poor retail support, increased prices, decreased articulation) I will put the AT-AT driver, Sun Fac, and Sandtrooper as 3 shining examples of Hasbro goodness. Tatooine and Endor (sans ewok) make me glad I'm still around buying toys. People who quit before now are going to miss some nice work.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 21, 2006, 07:49 AM »
I actually ordered a case of this wave from EE yesterday. The case breakdown is
2x Momaw Nadon (Cantina Alien "Hammerhead", Saga #31), 2x Darth Vader (Bespin Battle, Saga #38), 2x Sandtrooper (Saga #37), 2x R5-D4 (Saga #32), 1x Hem Dazon (Cantina Alien "Goldeyes", Saga #33), 1x Garindan (Cantina Aliens "Long Snoot/Snitch", Saga #34), 1x Luke Skywalker (Tatooine Poncho and Hat, Saga #36), 1x Han Solo (Cantina, Saga #35). 
With shipping the case is like $93 which is like $7.75 per figure which is not that much more than what I pay to Target or TRU, or even Walmart. By the time gas and lost time is thrown in, I think I will be ahead on this. On downer is they will hit retail before I see this case from EE, but on the up side, I know EE will ship this case. I like the ratio's also (except they could have put in an extra Hem in and taken a Vader out. I'll admit it here, since I firmly believe the Vader is a rehash of the 500th Vader again, I'll take him back to Target using one of my figure receits there for $6.99. Other than that, I like the ratios of the case.
I'll also keep my BBTS order since I will know some people who will want em also.

John Keeshan

Offline kesselrunking

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 22, 2006, 09:07 PM »
Good news for those of you who are caught up - Pawlus from GH has heard rumblings that this wave will be on the pegs before the end of the month!

Sounds about right to me. It has been a new wave about every month, so we are due for them to hit any time. Keep checking ebay!

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 10, 2006, 03:29 PM »
Okay where are these guys?  For once I am caught up and have extra funds.   This has to be the biggest time between waves this year.  So what happened?  I kind of thought that these would be shipping alongside the Heroes and Villains Line but I guess not.  Have overseas suppliers received these yet? Bring em on.

SilverZ

« Reply #223 on: May 10, 2006, 06:41 PM »
I'm hankerin' for a new wave myself. My money is on these showing up at Target within the next week. It feels like it's been too long of a wait when compared to the pace that has been set for previous waves.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 10, 2006, 09:24 PM »
I still think we'll see this wave this month like I mentioned earlier...and.. I'm glad they didn't show up at the same time as that cursed HaV wave like Jeff said...The break was nice-it gave me room to spend on the gunship in the layover time. GH prediction about them showing before the end of April?--glad he was wrong! =Dollars saved in an expensive month!

The DS