Author Topic: Clone Wars AT-TE  (Read 107980 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars AT-TE
« Reply #375 on: September 16, 2008, 07:25 PM »
I got a letter about legs for the AT-TE and they're sending me all six when they get them in...  Not just the center legs.  I got both an email and regular mail correspondence on it too.  Very thorough of them.

How did you contact them, Jesse?  I went to Hasbro's Customer Service website, and whenever I try to access the "questions" section on the AT-TE, nothing shows up, and there's no mention of the AT-TE replacement leg deal anywhere on the site (according to the site's dedicated search function).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 16, 2008, 08:21 PM »
I had problems with that when I went to their site too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #377 on: September 17, 2008, 12:23 AM »
There was an email link in the contact 'em area that I used.  I can't quite recall the exact steps though, now.  :(  I know it took a little digging to get one though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 17, 2008, 08:58 AM »
Nice deal with the new figures, although I'm glad not to have to worry about getting rid of them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 21, 2008, 10:14 AM »
If the legs weren't enough of a concern, I walked into my toy room to find that the top cannon missle from my AT-TE was sitting halfway across the room.  When I reinserted it, it fired again (on its own) to almost the exact same spot in the floor.  I turned on the AT-TE's electronics to see if the random launching was also going to cause random sounds, and apparently the lights and sounds on the top cannon are DEAD.  All the other buttons work fine, but the cannon is now a randomly firing, non-electronic piece of plastic.  I'm pretty saddened by this, since it's not something I can just walk into WM and buy another one of off the shelf to replace.   :'(

I just emailed Hasbro's customer service about both the leg issue and the now-more-important noiseless cannon issue, so I'm hoping they'll be able to help me out somewhat.  :-\

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #380 on: September 21, 2008, 01:08 PM »
I haven't picked one of these up yet.  Anyone think I should wait a few months to see if the legs have been fixed by then?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 22, 2008, 09:21 AM »
Even if you get bum legs, the can be easily fixed with something to wedge in the male end of the connectors. People are using either plastic tubing or smallish screws, so if you want one, get one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 23, 2008, 10:37 AM »
Well, as an update of sorts to my previous post, I just got an email back from Hasbro Consumer Affairs, and not only are they not going to send me replacement legs ("the legs are made to intentionally come off"), they're also refusing to send me a replacement cannon, as "cannons are not available separately."  They did, however, offer to send me a mailing label so I can send the toy back to them (even though I don't have the box any longer), and they would send me a replacement "or an item of equal value" when they received my item.  Given that the first/last/only time I've ever bitten on this, I didn't get the same item I sent in for replacement (I sent a TSC Vader TIE, I got back a ROTS Obi-Wan JSF), I'm definitely not going this route.

Thanks Hasbro (for absolutely nothing)!   >:(

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 23, 2008, 04:08 PM »
Wow...That's pretty sucky DP.  I may just leave mine in the box and call it a day now that there seems to be more issues other than the stupid legs falling off.  I wonder what kind of replacement legs are being sent out to the people they're willing to send to.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 2, 2008, 01:29 PM »
From Hasbro Consumer Affairs:

Hi Michael,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Hasbro designed the Clone Wars AT-TE with the intention to have the legs come apart and snap back together easily. However, if you are unable to use the product as intended, we will send you all six legs. Unfortunately, the legs are not in stock and are currently ordered. The inventory is expected within the next couple of months.

I am confident that by sending replacement legs, you will be able to securely snap into place and this will resolve the issue.

However, if you do not wish to wait for the legs to become available, we can offer a postage paid mailing label to return the product for a $99 refund. Please advise.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to resolve your concerns and I hope you enjoy your Star Wars.

Yay!   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 3, 2008, 10:20 AM »
Was anyone here lucky enough to score that $60 AT-TE from EE.com?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 3, 2008, 10:31 AM »
Was anyone here lucky enough to score that $60 AT-TE from EE.com?

No, I just saw that this morning and by the time I went over there it was already sold out.  I had somewhat resigned myself to the fact that I likely wouldn't be able to pick this up (budget cutting and all that), but at $60 I think I probably would have ordered one.  Oh well, I don't have anywhere for it to go really anyways I guess.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 3, 2008, 03:04 PM »
Just an FYI - HTS.com has this back in stock (can only assume it's the 'fixed legs' version) for $79.99 with free shipping and batteries if you use the MDCREW coupon.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&SBR=95&ID=22351

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 5, 2008, 04:40 PM »
I got in the mail yesterday Walmart's big toy book.  On the first page was the Star Wars toys including the AT-TE, being played with by a little kid.  The center legs, in the catalog were not attached!  They couldn't even keep the legs on for the photo shoot!  Anyone else see this and can post a picture of it?
I am not the Stig

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 5, 2008, 06:58 PM »
I got in the mail yesterday Walmart's big toy book.  On the first page was the Star Wars toys including the AT-TE, being played with by a little kid.  The center legs, in the catalog were not attached!  They couldn't even keep the legs on for the photo shoot!  Anyone else see this and can post a picture of it?

I did not see the ad, but I did ask Hasbro for a replacement set of middle legs and got them in about a month at no cost.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today